It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The line under Points?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
What is the purpose / function of the color coded horizontal line in Points box?

I can't seem to make heads or tails of it. I can see that the line is longer under members with thousands of points but don't understand significance or color variations.

( I am adding this nonessential line to allow post. )

Thanks...KK

[edit on 15-4-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
That is a very good question I've wonder that myself I looked into the ATS handbook and found no real reference to it.
I'm waiting for the mod gods replies to this query myself.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Ah the famous color bar question.

Has been asked many a time but never really answered.

It is for sure one of ATS' biggest mysteries.

Don't believe the mods on this one, they are all disinfo agents.

In fact the mere asking of the question has resulted in you being on "certain" lists.

Kuriosity killed the ...

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
A full bar means 10,000 posts if I remember correctly. The color indicates your Forum Preferences. Actually its just there to make conversation.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
My understanding is that it refers to how "aware" you are and when the NWO is going to show up and take you AWAY. The more your posts hit on the truth, the more you have to fear. Regular use of a Tin Foil Hat can help you to remain safe.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I think the line gets longer the more posts you make. As for the color, I have heard rumors that it changes slightly with the post count to Applause ratio.

But, I could be wrong.....rumors abound around here.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Bar? What bar?

Why do you call it a bar? Are you from Kentucky? Have you seen a large member of the canine family?

I would be very careful who you call bar, if I were you. Use of that name is reserved for certain close associates of your POTUS.

Size doesn't matter.

And is it always necessary to enter color into the discussion?

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1
I think the line gets longer the more posts you make. As for the color, I have heard rumors that it changes slightly with the post count to Applause ratio.

But, I could be wrong.....rumors abound around here.

That doesn't seem to be how it works, even though I've heard this explanation before.

I have:
Applause: 55
Ratio - 31.6 posts to 1 applause

You have:
Applause: 65
Ratio - 78 posts to 1 applause

Yet the bar on my avatar is still a darker green!

I have no idea yet as to the "circumstances" are that have to take place for the bar to change color.

But then again, I really don't care what color it is.

[edit on 4/15/2009 by Keyhole]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

Hey skep, Keyhole is raggin' on your applause ratio!

Actually the color has to be related to which forums one posts the most ... I think ...

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
when the bar turn RED, an atm mods come to your house and jail you in the ATS secret base , built with the only purpose to rule the world with aliens spaceships from hell

logic no ?

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Here you go It took me a while I had to do it long hand. I know I know show your work after reviewing everything I found it equals a little green line.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Oh, I am sorry. I thought I had posted in the Board Question Forum and it ended up in the Jokes Section. My bad. Sorry.

Thanks to the few serious responses. I'm still working on my reply to the others.

It was a simple question and obviously not a new one.

Thanks for the funny replies......not.

Luckily, I can take a joke.

Regards....KK

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I don't think anyone was joking to be offensive or insulting, but I don't think anyone knows for sure. So, you get a mix of serious guess-timates and some joking around.

Nothing against you......no one is really sure.

[edit on 4/15/2009 by skeptic1]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The truth is that MANY people have asked this same question, and to this day no one seems to know the answer. It is all part of the Secret, in ATS.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1

I don't think anyone was joking to be offensive or insulting, but I don't think anyone knows for sure. So, you get a mix of serious guess-timates and some joking around.

Nothing against you......no one is really sure.

Thanks skeptic1 your post is refreshing and I thank you.

Admittedly, I often infuse sarcasm and humor in my posts. Somehow I had assumed, wrongly so, that the Board Info forums were just that. Perhaps exempt from the off-topic remarks and mockery frequent in the general forums. But as is often the case, the rules seem to only apply when it is convenient.

Thank you just the same, you are a ray of sunshine in this miniscule microcosm of insignificance. One of my many problems is, I don't like labels and wondered about the line, seemed like a simple question.

At least they didn't wrap my house with toilet paper.

I appreciate your sincerity. It is a rare commodity lately.

Regards...KK

Edit to add: Thanks Terapin also.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Sorry

Nobody answered the question and I read the other thread regarding the lines and nothing was ever really answered.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
Admittedly, I often infuse sarcasm and humor in my posts. Somehow I had assumed, wrongly so, that the Board Info forums were just that. Perhaps exempt from the off-topic remarks and mockery frequent in the general forums. But as is often the case, the rules seem to only apply when it is convenient.

Pretty frisky for someone who seems to be allergic to the "search" function.

If you had looked at the link I provided not to mention the other numerous ones on the subject, you would have recognized that staff treats this question with considerable humor.

Though your joke about toilet paper was very funny.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

What is the purpose / function of the color coded horizontal line in Points box?

I can't seem to make heads or tails of it. I can see that the line is longer under members with thousands of points but don't understand significance or color variations.

( I am adding this nonessential line to allow post. )

Thanks...KK

Thats a good question yours seems to be darker then all the proceeding posters.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Pretty frisky for someone who seems to be allergic to the "search" function.

Dear Mr High and Mighty,

Although I have not sought to personally agitate you in any threads, you have for the third time now provoked me. Do you have a bone to pick with me?

Yesterday you called me "mistrusting" and now in this thread you have repeatedly mocked me and now suggested I'm "frisky" and "allergic" and inferred I'm lazy.

I thought of the indicator as a "line" you referred to it as a "bar." Apparently the search function does not make inferences as you do. So yes Sherlock, I did a search first.

I suspect we both have complexes. My inferior one should balance your superior one. You'd think we'd get along.

But if you'd like to leap from your lofty lair and lower your self to tussle with a scrappy person like myself, I'd be more than happy to oblige. I don't tend to shy from challenges when provoked.

Hope you don't mind getting a little dirty.

KK

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I say frisky you say scrappy, it seems we're in agreement then.

Sorry for yankin' your chain, I was just messin'.

Edit to add: No one has yet to actually come up with the actual answer from your OP.

[edit on 15 Apr 2009 by schrodingers dog]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join