It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plasma Ray Bombs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
i have failed to find any info on them except this:

The Plasma Ray Bomb

Within a decade the United States and a few other countries may have developed a new weapon of mass destruction. It will have the destructive power of atomic weapons without the radiation or a need for having critical mass. The numbers of such weapons will not be able to be verified and any country possessing such capabilities will have the capability to destroy much of the earth at will.
www.thepropheticyears.com...

does anyone have any other info on these weapons?

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Shoot, the article doesn't really go into the mechanics of how it would work. Actually, what you posted was the whole part of the article talking about the bombs.

I'm going to have to search for info on this guy, that might be interesting!

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Not to bash your thread, but look at the source. Also, understand what plasma is - it is super heated gas. This leaves a collection of nuclei that are highly electrofied and seperate electrons.

So, basically, I don't understand how this would work. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a scientist or anything, it's just taking a glance at it, a nuclear reaction is about the only thing that could cause this on such a scale.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I have read about plasma weapons and their capability for destruction without radiation, just a quiet sizzle and a bright white flash. Of course, this was in a work of fiction, "Battle Born" by Dale Brown. I have never seen anything about an actual program, but nothing surprises me anymore. If anyone can, ATS might turn up something.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I read that book. It was pretty good.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 04:34 AM
link   
i have also saw it being mentioned on www.cdi.org website

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Maybe it is a thermobaric bomb - MOAB or something even bigger.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Ths would be amazing technology! If any country ever did develop a weapon like that, it would be the number 1 superpower on Earth.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
The US government has been for decades researching the development of a bomb that would unleash microwaves to destroy the biological elements of the target area leaving the buildings, etc intact for salvage post-war. I'll try to find some links to this.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   
yeah Mr No One, it's called the neutron bomb.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Don't laugh at him, maybe he is right - he was talking about microwaves not neutron bomb. There is posibility of developing some kind of microwave bomb - it will have NO efects on buildings etc.. Neutron bomb still has some destruction efects (in smaller diameter then conventional nuke)

[Edited on 25-4-2004 by longbow]

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
EMP weapons give a large microwave pulse, maybe is that what you meant?

top topics

join