It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Weird I saw

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I turned on my tv a few minutes ago and when I turned it on I saw a weekly test that cable operators run every week. It's for if there's a emergency somewhere I'm guessing they do this everywhere. Anyway after it was done for about 1 second I saw a old dude who it seemed to be in like a blue room it looked like something out of the 70's anyway he was standing in front of a podium with 2 mics in front of him.

Weirdest thing I ever saw it flashed for about a second after the test was over and it went back to just shoot me which the test must have interrupted. I've never seen anything like that before it was really weird. I did try to rewind and nothing showed. Basically the test disables the dvr.

Any thoughts?

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Sometimes video feed is twisted by the cable companies.

When you're watching a show or weather test there is a break in the regular cable cycle for emergencies then a flash of weather news may pop up.

So this guy may have been a meteorologists. (hope I spelled that right)

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrangeJuice
Sometimes video feed is twisted by the cable companies.

When you're watching a show or weather test there is a break in the regular cable cycle for emergencies then a flash of weather news may pop up.

So this guy may have been a meteorologists. (hope I spelled that right)

I've honestly never seen that what usually happens is that a black screen comes up and it will say this is a test and some stuff will scroll at the top of the screen and then that show usually goes back to normal. I've never seen anything pop up like that before.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Sounds like an unusual phantom glitch to me.

This guy probably worked for your local station a long time ago and they still have his emergency speach for back up just in case.

A pre recorded message from the 1900s is odd though since you have DVR

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Haha could be it looked really old. It wasn't on the dvr though I just turned the tv on and it was a test and that happened.

new topics

top topics

join