It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Torpedo??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
So yesterday after work I looked out side and seen this big..torpedo looking thing with Russian letters, I swear they were Russian.

It was.. a long white missile with a red end to it with a propeller, for water or something. Maybe Space?

I took a picture of it..
When I went down to get closer, right up beside, it was gone!

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I see it but from how far away you are it looks like one of those sonars that research ships drop into the water and it drags behind the ship. Interesting find to say the least.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Space? It has a propeller and you think it is for Space?

It looks like it could be a prop (pun not intended).

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracySquid7
I see it but from how far away you are it looks like one of those sonars that research ships drop into the water and it drags behind the ship. Interesting find to say the least.

I was sorta thinking that...
I didn't know russia and canada had many joint underwater excursions.. that is why I figured it was for space. Maybe an arm attachment comes out..I dunno.

It looked too Torpedo like...

Im confused. I wish I had a more upclose pic, but it was gone!!

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by xbranscombex

Do you live near one of the movie or TV studios?
Could of been a prop?

When I Lived in LA Cal I saw some stuff that looked pretty weird being trucked around most were movie props.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fd844277d9ff.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 15-4-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
It COULD have been a prop..
I live in Calgary.

Canada's hollywood is in Toronto Or Vancouver, not here.
Even though I get part time acts on a few shows

It was.. too real.
Weighed the truck down A LOT.

[edit on 15-4-2009 by xbranscombex]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Yeah that might be a tad too big for a real torp. They ARE shooting the NEW Stargate Series up there as we speak...so. Among EVERY OTHER Sci-Fi channel movie...lol

[edit on 15-4-2009 by djvexd]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by xbranscombex

OK are you talking about the long white object with a red end that is ON TOP OF AN SUV.

Use that which god gave you, YOUR BRAIN, its on a roof rack on top of a car, how heavy can it be certainly not the ton and half a torpedo weighs.

What ever it is its not a torpedo, what ever it is doesnt weigh more than a couple hundred pounds if anywhere near that.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Who in it's right mind would carry a torpedo on the top of his truck. There the weight issue, but more importently there's the risk of a accident.

I wonder what do you say to the traffic controler who checks the weigh of the truck ? Don't know the weight but there's a ton of TNT in it.

If it's in Calgary it could be a prop for a sci-fi movie or it could be a part for the petroleum industries.

But definetly not a torpedo

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
You should research the Kursk ,you will find that the american navy torpedoed it and sank it ,then paid russia ten billion dollars in reparations,in the meantime the russian navy allowed russian seamen to die because they couldnt allow the world to see evidence of an american act of war beneath the ocean.They co-operated to prevent a world war.

But the cool thing is the REASON WHY THEY COMMITTED AN ACT OF WAR.

It was because aboard the russian submarine were Chinese officials who were there to witness a test run of the NEW RUSSIAN SUPER FAST TORPEDO THAT WAS DESIGNED TO TRAVEL THROUGH THE WATER IN A BUBBLE OF GAS ENABELING EXPONENTIAL INCREASES IN SPEED AND HENCE LETHALITY ALLOWING THESE TORPEDOS TO RULE THE OCEANS.And negate americas naval military capability if confronted in combat.

The russians were going to sell the torpedos to China thereby tipping Global naval power in chinas favor.Yanks are Yanks so they sank the Kursk.It was a true blue cuban missile crisis all over again but this time the president fired.

The real kicker is that after the issue was covered up by the governments involved,RUSSIA SOLD THE TORPEDOS TO CANADA WHO HAPPENS TO HAVE UNI-LATERAL ARMS TREATIES WHICH ALLOW THEM TO PROVIDE MILITARY TECH TO AMERICA AND NOT BE ACCUSED OF UPSETTING WORLD POWER.

And people say we arent friends with our southern neighbors?Dont forget the nuclear missiles our government SAID DIDNT EXIST ,that were in canada and manned by American troops,THEY WERE LIVE NUKES .Google it.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by one4all
You should research the Kursk ,you will find that the american navy torpedoed it and sank it ,then paid russia ten billion dollars in reparations,in the meantime the russian navy allowed russian seamen to die because they couldnt allow the world to see evidence of an american act of war beneath the ocean.They co-operated to prevent a world war.

But the cool thing is the REASON WHY THEY COMMITTED AN ACT OF WAR.

It was because aboard the russian submarine were Chinese officials who were there to witness a test run of the NEW RUSSIAN SUPER FAST TORPEDO THAT WAS DESIGNED TO TRAVEL THROUGH THE WATER IN A BUBBLE OF GAS ENABELING EXPONENTIAL INCREASES IN SPEED AND HENCE LETHALITY ALLOWING THESE TORPEDOS TO RULE THE OCEANS.And negate americas naval military capability if confronted in combat.

The russians were going to sell the torpedos to China thereby tipping Global naval power in chinas favor.Yanks are Yanks so they sank the Kursk.It was a true blue cuban missile crisis all over again but this time the president fired.

The real kicker is that after the issue was covered up by the governments involved,RUSSIA SOLD THE TORPEDOS TO CANADA WHO HAPPENS TO HAVE UNI-LATERAL ARMS TREATIES WHICH ALLOW THEM TO PROVIDE MILITARY TECH TO AMERICA AND NOT BE ACCUSED OF UPSETTING WORLD POWER.

And people say we arent friends with our southern neighbors?Dont forget the nuclear missiles our government SAID DIDNT EXIST ,that were in canada and manned by American troops,THEY WERE LIVE NUKES .Google it.

There's some truth in what you say. The Kursk accident was very strange. It was probably the target of another sub. It is also true that the canadian government bough the plan for the VA-111 Shkval and gave them to the US.

That, however, does not negate the fact that the message in the OP is wrong. How do you expect to find a secret russian torpedo on the top of a parked truck in downtown Calgary ?

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by grandnic

No more likely that a torpedo lit off in a closed tube. There have been other incidents of the kind in the past. The russians are still using H2O2 to fuel torpedos, and the stuff is very maintinance intensive. And maintinance is not the something the 1990's era russian navy was know for.

Funny thing is that when the kursk went down the US navy offered immediate help that was refused by russia. So did the nowegians and the british and it took the russians 4 days to accept the offer.

If we did sink it why would we offer to help on a rescue effort knowing it would expose of involvment.

Besides the russians kept changing thier story as to why the kursk went down.
At first it was charaterized as an onboard explosion of some nature, then it was an american sub collided with the kursk. Then it was an american frigate collided with it, then it was an american sub torpedoed it.

"The hopelessly flawed rescue attempt, hampered by badly designed and decrepit equipment, illustrated the fatal decline of Russia's military power. The navy's callous approach to the families of the missing men was reminiscent of an earlier Soviet insensitivity to individual misery. The lies and incompetent cover-up attempts launched by both the navy and the government were resurrected from a pre-Glasnost era. The wildly contradictory conspiracy theories about what caused the catastrophe said more about a naval high command in turmoil, fumbling for a scapegoat, than about the accident itself."[4]

Honestly the russians dont have the best safety record when it comes to submarines.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I think it's an ultralight aircraft of the hang glider variety. The glider (broken down) is on the roof rack . I fly hang gliders and that is exactly what they look like on top of a car. It's the right length and width. The tricycle landing gear, engine, and prop are in the bed of the truck.

Notice that the tube is not circular in cross section. Notice also that the propeller is not centered on the tube.

Here's a glider on a car:

Here's what it would like like set up:

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
While we are on the topic ,the russians have discovered exactly how ufos operate,I had a dream of the principals used and wrote them down several years ago,SUBSTITUTE THE PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT OF WATER FOR AIR THEN SUBSTITUTE THE GAS BUBBLE THE RUSSIANS USED TO INCREASE UNDERWATER SPEED EXPONENTIALLY AND YOU WILL HAVE THE SOLUTION OF HOW TO MOVE THROUGH THE AIR EXPONENTIALLY FASTER TO A MAGNITUDE OF A UFO.

Why do you think I was researching the Kursk?I heard about the torpedos method of defeating drag by hiding itself in the transitional zone between physical environments in a sort of VACUME.I knew I was on the right track to following my dreams instructions.

I mean it is obvious to me and I know the empirical data is there if the professionals care to lend a hand in collecting and presenting it.

One4all.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by one4all

I believe you're talking about Shkval. There is no UFO technology involved. It is a rocket powered torpedo which emits streams of bubbles from its nose and skin. This "supercavitation" effect supposedly allows the torpedo to reach speeds of 200 knots. That's about 3.5 times faster than the U.S. MK-48 torpedo. Is that what you mean by an "exponential" increase in speed?

Compared to the MK-48, the range of the Shkval (7,500 yards) is very limited. But if the submarine carrying one got close enough to its target, there would not be much the target could do to evade the torpedo.

[edit on 4/16/2009 by Phage]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I didnt mean that there was ufo tech involved in the developement in a co-operative manner with the russians,I mean that the principals applied are the eexact ones used to achieve what we think are incredible speeds in the air.
You forgot to mention the devastatingly superior speed of the torpedo itself and that it would be the equivilant of a bi-plane racing a cf-18.

Apply these incredible numbers to air speed and see what you get.

This one is free,I dreamt it so I give it away.

You will never find a better or another way to gain maximum velocity in air.

top topics

join