It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Napolitano stands by 'extremism' report

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
People just don't seem to get it. Janet took the chance to point the finger at a large group of patriots. There are so many spoon fed main stream media followers that the accusations made by DHS will be considered gospel.
If you have a stance against illegal immigration,you're a radical.If you don't agree with everything the Federal Government is doing,you're a radical. If you own guns and ammo,you're a radical.

I went to bed last night as a common citizen of this country.Today I find that according to DHS I am a potential enemy of the state.

Looks to me like the soup is going to get a lot thicker in fairly short order.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator

Originally posted by sos37
I hope any Obama supporters who are military or ex-military pay attention. You are being watched as possible extremists and terrorists, no matter how patriotic you are.

Any regrets yet?

you should regret your support for W

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You used to kick my teeth in

2 late - mate

Yes, I did support Bush while he was in office, but as I've said over and over again, I didn't agree with every decision he made. He did plenty of things I disagreed with.

And by the way, nice try on spinning the focus off the topic.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Secretary Janet N.... was insistantly defending the position on MSNBC this morning

She has to... because the wording in the statement was OKed by the Obama & his cabinet already...i.e.; all Veterans are potential'terrorists'
(or whatever PC label we are now given---since Obama has sworn-off the terrorist term)

One of the talking head hosts @ MSNBC pointed out that a large Organization he is membered with.. is itself opposed to Abortion...
(the Org. is the Vatican & their church) he said that under the policy that all Catholics are considered 'Terrorists' ...
Sec. N. said she 'regretted' that footnote in the DHS Policy Statement... (regretted pointing fingers at Catholics ->>but not Veterans!)

Which raises the Question....She & the Administration, therefore NSA, FBI and all State+Local Police & Sheriffs & security forces are instructed to label Vets as likely to be radicalized into Terrorist activity... and conduct their duties accordingly!

the 21st century (PNAC), Neo-'Gestapo' has arrived....

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Throw this POS out of office now. Just another out of touch loon that Obama has appointed. If our heores are now considered terrorists then it's time for another change.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The report is valid in the sense of a true and present danger to elected officials and law enforcement, because of our political system being so corrupt. I have never seen a country so divisive in my life. Perhaps this is the way they want it. The needs of the many in this country outweigh the needs of the few. In the midst of a political and financial melt down, unfortunately this is not he case. There is a far greater threat to this country that they refuse to be pro-active about.

This is the, PROTECTION OF OUR BORDERS! Since countries exist that wish to do us harm could easily undermine our vulnerabilities at the borders. Don't you think more emphasis should be given to these areas? No instead they wish to accuse us of being the clear and present danger. Our elected officials have their collective heads so clearly stuffed up their A$$, it's almost a joke. All for the sake of potential votes come election time, at our expense.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Do Obama's department heads think for themselves or are they walking the line that their Boss has set?

I just know I had heard Obama saying he was going to run a tight ship.

Dont know for sure but it looks like they are like freeks on a leash barking sh*t eating dogs that have holes like open sewers.

They sound like the Kings Ministers oh say 1777 or 78. Or Nazi ministers. These people, Bamas freeks, see themselves as captors of the american people and look more toward quarters of the world for their approval ratings.

This thing with the vets. What hack jobs are doing is trying to get the large amounts of vets with fresh trigger time on the defensive about being patriots at home as they were abroad.

More specifically it is very dangerous for an oppressive government to have so many fresh vets running their mouths of joining "groups" for a number of reasons. The government may be more concerned about these Vets simply from a tactical viewpoint. There are a lot of guys out there with fresh trigger time, thats what bothers them.

In addition these guys have just participated in the overthrowing of a government.

Plus if they speak out it undermines the government position as the words of fresh vets do hold considerable weight.

Only an oppressive government would fear these guy and try to beat them down and separate them from the rest of us.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Logarock,

This is like stupid right.??..I mean really stupid on the part of a highly insecure government. By this I mean no matter what is the party in office.

Wow let me see if I am getting this straight. They send these guys and gals off to war...then when they get back ...put a mark on them as questionable reliability because of what they themselves trained these people do do and know?? Is that correct?

Trigger time or not...when you train a person to fight for you you don't presume guilt when no crime has been committed. That is the kind of nonsense passing for intelligence that you get in the UK, New Zealand or Australia..where you can pick up a gun and do the dirty work for them but not own your own when returning home.

It does not make good nonsense ..especially when you swear an oath to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

There is a fine line here in presumption or implication of guilt when no crime has been committed.

Seems to me you have to go to school and be educated to get that naturally stupid...one does not get this naturally stupid and insecure on ones own.

Let me see if I have this correct in a further perspective. Someone out there is talking about bringing back the draft...so that they can get more trained veterans and do more of this stupid distrust. Is that right?

Then they are also talking on cutting back veterans benefits and also trust of veterans because of their training.

How are you going to get new people interested in training and then going off to the next war under such a dubiousness or onus on the part of a government??

Get drafted and trained to fight someones dirty wars but not be trusted when you get home by your government ...but this same government is here to protect our freedoms/liberties. Wow!! Or have we now..a government worried about protecting their tenure..or feudal fiefdom over the public??

Thanks,
Orangetom

[edit on 16-4-2009 by orangetom1999]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
There have been SO many threads on this report, but in none of them do I see this little detail mentioned, unless I'm missing it....

In a written statement Wednesday, Napolitano said the agency is on "the lookout for criminal and terrorist activity but we do not -- nor will we ever -- monitor ideology or political beliefs."

She said she was "briefed" on the general topic, which "struck a nerve as someone personally involved in the Timothy McVeigh prosecution."

Napolitano said in her statement that she will tell Rehbein face-to-face that the Department of Homeland Security honors veterans and employs thousands of them, including Deputy Secretary Jane Holl Lute.

The Obama administration in January issued a warning about left-wing extremists. Both reports were initiated during the administration of former President George W. Bush.
www.cnn.com...

Sooooo, it appears Bush is the one who thought the right wing were potential terrorists all along.

Can we get past all this partisan BS, and ALL work together as Americans to regain control of our country from a bunch of actors who intentionally divide us, and laugh about it behind closed doors as they count all the money they steal from us?

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999
reply to post by Logarock

Trigger time or not...when you train a person to fight for you you don't presume guilt when no crime has been committed. That is the kind of nonsense passing for intelligence that you get in the UK, New Zealand or Australia..where you can pick up a gun and do the dirty work for them but not own your own when returning home.

There is a fine line here in presumption or implication of guilt when no crime has been committed.

Seems to me you have to go to school and be educated to get that naturally stupid...one does not get this naturally stupid and insecure on ones own.

Thanks,
Orangetom

[edit on 16-4-2009 by orangetom1999]

You bring something interesting to light. Look where these people focus. They dont focus on the a treatment of vets, in this case, based on the just considerations you have mentioned. With respect. Why? Because they are now focusing on the Vets as a liability. Why do they see vets as liabilities? Becouse these "officials" are corrupt and have an evil eye toward the vets.

Corrupt governments are keen on seeing the tactical disadvantage groups like these recent Vets represent. And in that light returning war Vets are assets that could go bad potentially. With all the guns and ammo flying off the selves, the peoples tactical voice speaking to a willingness to use force and it can be seen no other way by a corrupt government, the government must also consider the tactical liability it faces with the population being filled with fresh war vets. And these Vets were volunteers that see themselves as liberators and protectors, thus their psychology makes them that much more the danger. Their participation in the stand would help embolden the people.

Away from the combat aspect for a moment, just imagine the danger of large groups of Vets protesting that they had not been fighting to return to an America like this. It would be a disaster. So they are getting the beat down and colored with a brush in an effort to dissuade them from speaking as Veteran Liberators or taking other actions against their own corrupt government. This would seriously undermine the governments position on many things.

Obama is in Mexico today. The Mexicans what the US to put its assault weapons ban back into place. Believe me when I say that Obama is not going to do this, although he would like to, becouse of the unrest this is causing back in the US. Otherwise he would openly support the Mexican idea. In that respect he is a lair. He is simply telling everyone that it isn't time yet. He doesn't really care about the American philosophical ideas that protect the 2nd amendment rights.

[edit on 16-4-2009 by Logarock]

[edit on 16-4-2009 by Logarock]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

You are correct sir. I remember the way Bush gave the NRA the smack down right after his first election. The NRA wanted some major legislation for helping Bush get elected and were shocked, resigned themselves to the lesser of two evils position.

So Homeland Security wants a pass becouse they hire so many Vets? The fact that they do really doesn't mean a thing toward the way they are trying to sell it. They are doing someone a favor then? We should give their words extra weight based on that information? Bulls*it.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

I agree. This is one scary "lady".

As governor of Arizona, she (it?) was one of the first to endorse the
Real ID.

She is not even from AZ.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

27jd,

We are talking about professional politicians and professional political appointees here. We are viewing this in light of the American Public.

What is obvious to those of us with an attention span going back several administrations or more is that it is not a matter of political party affilliation. It is a matter of protecting the political system...a feudal fiefdom...not protecting the rights of the American Public. They are hell bent on protecting the fuedal privelege of the body politic against the interest of the American public. The left right dichotomy is what we are spoon fed to keep us off the ability to recognize the feudal fiefdom taking place under our noses.

No matter who is in office...they dont trust the American Public. Our soldiers and vets are from the American Public. They are not a seperate entity..but are citizen soldiers.

It was quite obvious to me that after the Oklahoma bombing...there was a rush to investigate church groups out of which much of this fingerprint seemed to originate concerning the militias. As most churchs are filed as 501c government corporations, this was not difficult to do.

The government...no matter what party is in office..do not trust the American Public...nor the Churchs in this country. This is obvious to those of us who can think past the next commercial interruption on the boob tube or radio.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by orangetom1999

Exactly. We're all different in our own ways, but we must not let them use those differences against us to make us their mindless drones because we think they represent us. NONE of them do. When I see articles that intentionally try and rile up one "side" or the other against the other, it makes me crazy. We've fallen for that crap for too long. We're all Americans, not only including, but especially veterans and soldiers.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by 27jd]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
reply to post by orangetom1999

Exactly. We're all different in our own ways, but we must not let them use those differences against us to make us their mindless drones because we think they represent us. NONE of them do. When I see articles that intentionally try and rile up one "side" or the other against the other, it makes me crazy. We've fallen for that crap for too long. We're all Americans, not only including, but especially veterans and soldiers.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by 27jd]

You know something 27jd,

I have been thinking in the back of my mind ..for years and years now...what it would take for the American public to catch on to this feudal entitlement thinking by government.

When where and for what reasons some of the public would begin to catch on to this nonsense they are promoting to keep the public divided and against each other such that the pubic does not see what the governemnt is actually doing.

I dont know if you noted it but these tea parties which went on in the last week or two....it seemed to signal that some Americans were disgusted with both parties and the political process as a whole..both Republican and Democrat.

What was equally astonishing to me was the blatent disregard of the media in trying to label and default these Americans into a pre conceived niche of the media's making...a preconcieved default setting if you like for the purposes of manipulation by the political process.

I have for some time now..regarded the media themselves as a mere extension of the political process...shilling for thier respective parties and trying to emotionally "hijack " the public onto their treadmill...by emotional default techniques.
I am so glad to see some of the public catching on to this trend or fingerprint of the body politic and the media.

I also consider public education to be of the same fingerprint as it is paid for by the body politic. They will never educate us enough to know the "king is naked " so to speak. "The king has no clothes."

I hope this awareness of the pubic to the "whoredom " of the body politic and thier shills the media as well as the other shills...the public educaition systems ...continues to grow.

By "Whoredom" I mean and define it as the bartering, selling , and trading of the souls of the American public for lucre..or power. Both political parties are doing this.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I have a bit of a different take on this. I for one am extremely glad for reports like this and our 'beloved' Federal Government taking such an open and public backing of filth like this.

What better way to unite the citizens to act in revolution?

They declared war against the people and with this report lumped enough minority groups of Americans together (gun owners / pro lifer's / military personnel / constituationalists) and instantly united us all no matter our differences under one MAJORITY group that is potentially an enemy of the Federal Government.

Keep it up! At this rate, revolution will be inevitable and the only people left to defend them will be the TSA or some other useless pos Federal Agency.

I wonder if these people are really as to what kind of seeds they are sewing...

[edit on 23-4-2009 by Anonymous Avatar]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join