It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zeitgeist must be truthful...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Worldmind

You said that you looked to "religion" for your answers to things when you were younger? Well that was your first mistake, cause "religion" ain't gonna do nothing for you but confuse you! Then you said that Jesus would puke if he seen what was happening today?? I agree with you there, for Jesus never taught "religion", he taught how to establish a "relationship" with God! Don't follow organized religion in man, it'll let ya down every single time! Follow God, and the rest will fall into place. To prove the bible's authenticity, go and get any teaching you want on say, astrology, greek mythology, and or middle eastern history. Study it along with the bible. I am sure you'll be amazed at the accuracy of the bible to man's own "recorded" history. No other book on earth can hold this pedestal either. Many have tried, and are still failing.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I never said the bible wasn't a historical record. It is, although likely slanted one way or another according to the wishes of the writers and translators. Worshiping a book, any book, is absolute foolishness. And if someone puts value into a book, calling it unerring and absolute truth, then they are worshiping it, nothing more or less.

Frankly, I find this subject irrelevant except for those who worship the bible who will kill, maim, or torture others for not worshiping the bible. That is insanity.

There's some good stuff in the bible, but it's only a book.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join