It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zeitgeist must be truthful...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
If you had any doubt to zeitgeist being too 'out there' to be believed, then why would msn.com put this site up to 'google mask' it?

Zeitgeist cover

Zeit·geist
(tstgst, zt-)
n.
The spirit of the time; the taste and outlook characteristic of a period or generation: "It's easy to see how a student . . . in the 1940's could imbibe such notions. The Zeitgeist encouraged Philosopher-Kings" James Atlas.

How is that relevant to the sites headline: All the news you cannot use?

What do you guys think? are they trying to 'google mask' the movie Zeitgeist?

[edit on 15-4-2009 by Sliick]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
It has been proven time and time again that some parts of zeitgeist is complete load of horse , and allot of it is true.

That's all I'm going to say.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by allsop

It would be better if you could back up this statement with proof rather than just personal opinion.

There lies your "argument"

wZn

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Sliick

Nice pick up. I definitely see this as a really really last ditch effort to either discredit the doco by "masking" the name - or maybe just trying to cash in on the name so more people look at that obviously outdated kind of news.

Funny thing is it could backfire - and some of the people asleep out there may inadvertently click on the zeitgeist movie - so it can be a benefit to the zeitgeist movement.

Also did you notice at imdb.com zeitgeist was originally listed - and it was not the real zeitgeist but either a copy or a masked version , and that version I can't seem to find anywhere - which makes me believe it never was.

wZn

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Sliick

Yes, Zeitgeist has been pretty much beat up. A number of Egyptologist that my father knows actually watched it and couldn't stop laughing at the inaccuracies between Horus and Jesus. The complete first part of zeigeist has been flushed as lies. The second part is "debunkable" also has false information and wrong misrepsentations of the actual facts and the third part has lot and I mean a lot of misquotes.

Zeitgeist can actually be pretty much called debunked if people actually researched. And by research I mean actually researching and not just going on pro-zeitgeist websites, that is not research, that is just repeating what zeitgeist already stated.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Uhuh... another 'debunker' without proof - take it you are the religious type?

To debunk requires your argument in point of reference, not just some wild opinion that you loosely throw around like it is accepted.

What I know is your opinion is not accepted by the majority of people who bothered to watch the doco.

Sure if you want to discredit, that's fine, but back it up.

wZn

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

Its not the debunkers job to provide the burden of proof. Its the believers job and I have seen no proof from the Zeitgeist believers side. But thats how it goes.

and I take offense to this:

take it you are the religious type

What does this have to do with anything? Religion? Atheism? Science? It has nothing to do with the movie, but facts and credible evidence have everything to do with this movie. Unfortunatley, this movie not only lacks this, but insults the viewers.

What I know is your opinion is not accepted by the majority of people who bothered to watch the doco

Chances are the majority of those people either:

A) to lazy to actually do research.
B) Hate Religion
C) Are gullible
D) All the above

Their are other choices, but I assure you that the majority of people actually believe my opinion and not the views of Zetigeist.

Also if it were actually true every religion would be destroyed and everything known would be turned upside down. Amazingly for this factual movie, this has never happened and will never happen.

Every news station and newpaper would be picking it up, amazingly tthis has not happened either.

Zeitgeist is nothing put Propoganda and gives actual conspiracy believers and supports a bad name.

[edit on Apr 15th 2009 by TheMythLives]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
To clear things up:

You feel that "Zeitgeist the movie" is beeing labeled as "junk-news" (?), when Mr Geist hosts a satirical show called ZeitGeist, because his show consists of "news you cannot use" or junk news?

You think msnbc is conspiring to make Zeitgeist the movie appear among this junk news show when searching on google? And that this makes Zeitgeist the movie appear as junk also?

And from this you gather that they are "scared" of zeitgeist the movie, and that it must be truthful, or they wouldnt try to "ridicule" (or junkify) it with this show?

[edit on 15-4-2009 by Daniem]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Ahhh so you ARE the religious type. I often find these "debunkers" of the doco zeitgeist get their backs up, by simply being put into a corner of questioning their beliefs that have been hammered into them from usually their parents. It is not your fault.

Religion IS a CONTROL method. It has its good points, about loving and respecting each other (all for that) - But when religion is used to incite people to fight war or kill another living being , or advocates violence, then it really is hypocritical. Religion IS man made. NO god wrote it. Would your God want you to carry a weapon or gun as pictured in your avatar I wonder?

I'm sorry we have gone off topic, as the original thread was about a MSM hijacking the name Zeitgeist for its own means (or was it?)...and this is NOT a debate about the actual movie. Perhaps we can start another thread about this... but then again, who am I to make you question your own beliefs? That is something you should be doing by yourself.

much love, (in a non religious way)

wZn

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I read up on some of the main points of the original Zeitgeist movie, before watching ti.
I hadn't picked up a book on Egyptology for a couple a few years at that point, but I still recognized several straight out misrepresentations and straight out lies in the presentation.

Which is pretty stupid, seeing as how there were several real sources of information he could have drawn his points from.
I've been assured that the second video is straight up truth, however, I don't have a steady enough background in the topic discussed in the second film, and am fairly untrusted of something that would build it's reputation on lies.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
OK so what are these points, please list them to back up what you are saying?

Is it against your religions to question them?

That in itself is not freedom.

wZn

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   

I'm witcha!!!

People are saying that Zeitgeist is full of lies because it hurts when you first turn the lights on after being in the dark your total life....The light is hurtful, uncomfortable..Its also like when you get told that your lifelong spouse has been cheating or leading a double life...you stick with the spouse but tend to want to shoot the messenger

Zeitgeist is truthful and truthful can hurt some

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Well, I guess I'm gonna open the can of worms here about this movie. The first thing that debunks this flick is the fact that it said that Jesus was born on dec 25th? LOL, It's well recorded biblically history that Jesus was born in september, and died in march. So, if the ones who made this movie can't get that fact straight, what else have they lied about? The ruse to all of this is that those who can't manipulate the history that Jesus did really exist, are trying to use history to attempt to prove that Jesus wasn't even born or is a myth, used to deceive the masses who believe in Him(Jesus) and his father(God). What they failed to address here is that the info they are using to try and debunk Jesus is in fact "proven" pagan holidays! Easter, christmas, halloween, thanksgiving, they're all pagan holidays. Then you have the romans, in order to rule longer, were the ones who messed up the original calendar. They (the romans) extended the monthly days to 30-31, to rule longer, and it was the romans who established going to church on sundays, which is the day of actual sungod worshipping from centuries of the ancient ones who worshipped the sun and is recorded in the bible also. That is one reason the pyramids were built facing certain directions, so the sun could brighten different entries and exits of the pyramids while worshipping their sungod. So, as far as I am concerned, this movie "zeitgeist", is probably more for satire and fantacy than actual meaningfulness.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by thewind

So when was he born and why does culture celebrate his birth on the 25th of December I guess is a legitimate question?

I found this: www.frontline-apologetics.com...

Why celebrate that day if it is not true? Is that not misleading or deceptive, because up until the release of Zeitgeist I was under the impression, as is/was in all circles I travel? If you can't even celebrate the birth of the christian messiah called Jesus on that day, then what is the point?

wZn

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

This is where the research is misguiding you. I use only my bible for research and the calendars from the ancient biblical eras and nothing more. Jesus is the son of God, and the word "Christ" means, "son of God, this is found in john 11:27, and those who follow Jesus are called "Christains", or followers of christ. The following excerpt explains why some celebrate Jesus' birthday in december.

www.allaboutjesuschrist.org...
The early Christian church did not celebrate Jesus' birth. It wasn't until A.D. 440 that the church officially proclaimed December 25 as the birth of Christ. This was not based on any religious evidence but on a pagan feast. Saturnalia was a tradition inherited by the Roman pagans from an earlier Babylonian priesthood. December 25 was used as a celebration of the birthday of the sun god. It was observed near the winter solstice.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Sliick

The OP title implies that there are untruths or half truths or even lies propagated by Zeitgeist. If there are, why don't you provide the truths to the above?

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by thewind

And I will open the second can of worms;

Zeitgeist never stated that it was trying to prove that Jesus ' birthday was on Dec 25...they were giving you the basis of what Christianity has told us...Its in the Christian religion that Jesus' birthday is Dec 25 and that's supposed to be why we celebrate Christmas....Zeitgeist was showing the similarities between different gods that have been worshipped through time and their relation to Egyptian Astrology...you can't say that the similarities are not their, can you? People that would love to debunk the religious myth never want to address the similarities...like he said in Zeitgeist, " the government (secret government) has manipulated every institution known to man; what makes you think for one second that they left out the Religious instituion?"
Hmmmmm.......

But I understand the light hurts right now...keep it on and your eyes will adjust

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sliick
If you had any doubt to zeitgeist being too 'out there' to be believed, then why would msn.com put this site up to 'google mask' it?

Zeitgeist cover

Zeit·geist
(tstgst, zt-)
n.
The spirit of the time; the taste and outlook characteristic of a period or generation: "It's easy to see how a student . . . in the 1940's could imbibe such notions. The Zeitgeist encouraged Philosopher-Kings" James Atlas.

How is that relevant to the sites headline: All the news you cannot use?

What do you guys think? are they trying to 'google mask' the movie Zeitgeist?

[edit on 15-4-2009 by Sliick]

Possibly, and for many reason - not all of them being malevolent in nature.

I for one am able to believe both the bible's account of Jesus and Zeitgest - not the best stance I've ever chosen but hey..

To me it all comes down to the, "as above, so below" macrocosm microcosm concept. We humans always try find the right answer when in reality it could be correct on so many different levels of reality.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daniem
To clear things up:

You feel that "Zeitgeist the movie" is beeing labeled as "junk-news" (?), when Mr Geist hosts a satirical show called ZeitGeist, because his show consists of "news you cannot use" or junk news?

You think msnbc is conspiring to make Zeitgeist the movie appear among this junk news show when searching on google? And that this makes Zeitgeist the movie appear as junk also?

And from this you gather that they are "scared" of zeitgeist the movie, and that it must be truthful, or they wouldnt try to "ridicule" (or junkify) it with this show?

[edit on 15-4-2009 by Daniem]

Ok, you obviously misunderstood my post. I did not say they were trying to make it look as if Zeitgeist the movie is "junk news". That's not the way I feel. There is a technique I have noticed that I like to call "Google Masking" that T.H.E.Y. use. If they are not wanting a story/subject to get out, or to contain it better they use the name/subject matter of said story/subject and create something with that name. They then proceed to market it as big as possible, thus creating a "Google Mask". This way whenever you google something, it's a lot harder to find the subject they are masking.

Example- I was really interested in the Mitchell-Hedges Skull about 3 years ago. I kept finding reports of other crystal skulls so I just kept Googling "crystal skull" If you don't know, the Mitchell-Hedges skull shouldn't exist. The craftsmanship is way beyond our technological capabilities even today. O ya, it was found in 1923. No telling how old it is as quartz crystal doesn't age. Anywho, I was googling my butt off for about a year and a half researching everything I could. Then, The name of the new Indiana Jones movie came out. I could no longer find anything on crystal skulls because of that whip-wielding freak. (still was a good movie
)

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I shouldn't have to re-search such simple things just so you can get your fix...
the religious part has been proven time and time again to be a load of **

A simple search on google will give you enough information you need, i don't want to waste my time finding something out.... I'm not defending anyone here...

If you would kindly follow this link, I've done a simple google search "zeitgeist religion debunked"

/infowar123

Although i wish the religious part was true(lol)it was debunked....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join