It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monster mummies of Japan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Wow, I just found these and had to share them. They are said to be old, ranging from a few decades old to hundreds of years old.
I am also certain that most are fake but they are certainly intriguing and very freaky... a mummified demon, the mermaid mummies and the kappa mummies are the worst.
If anyone knows more...

Link to article and pictures.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/106b8503f32c.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d9bf970f1ecc.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 15-4-2009 by and14263]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Fascinating stuff.

I wonder if there are any debunkers out there who have theories regarding how these non-human mummies were made. Or could there ever have been such creatures in the world?

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by and14263

S&F

I've been tempted to start a thread from the link a few times. No other page online covers the subject as deeply or graphically. If you google 'Japanese mummies' the link is featured on dozens of sites. I hope your thread draws attention to the great work done by the author of 'pinktentacle.'

I look forward to any discussion about it too. Good work

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/639f7df0c96b.jpg[/atsimg]

reply to post by Maxmars

Read the link. It's very interesting stuff, but makes it clear that they are artificial creations using various methods and animal/bird parts. It's one of my favorite websites for that one page

[edit on 15-4-2009 by Kandinsky]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Read the link. It's very interesting stuff, but makes it clear that they are artificial creations using various methods and animal/bird parts.

I see now, takes the mystery away but they certainly are weird. I checked out the main page of the site and there's a video of a weird see creature thing, to be honest it's a blatent fake (I say blatent...) but a good watch.
www.youtube.com...
www.pinktentacle.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
*nod* They are hoaxes, especially the monkey/fish one.

It's more cryptozoological stuff than ancient civilization stuff. Although they did have hoaxers hundreds of years ago, especially explorers or collectors who were trying to get rich from a cool discovery.

The Natural History Museum in New York had an exhibit with some of these a few years ago, and some other cryptozoology stuff. I went twice. They had one of the Fiji Mermaids (fish/monkey). It was awesome to see it in person.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Fascinating stuff.

I wonder if there are any debunkers out there who have theories regarding how these non-human mummies were made. Or could there ever have been such creatures in the world?

I don't think there are any debunkers... at least not among scientists. They are clearly manufactured (the article notes a number of items and a number of combinations.) I saw at least two cats (modified) several bird parts, monkey, and a number of other things that couldn't be easily identified from the photos.

The making of mummies was a very profitable endeavor at one time. As far as I can tell, these are all genuine and all very old. Barnum's mermaid mummy may have come from one of those manufacturers.

(the human monk "living mummies" are indeed real human beings, mummified in just the way the article describes. Scientists have known about that one for many years.)

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Hey....
Well I'd be cautious with these, most of them were proven to be hoaxes that I remember.
Look into it a bunch you'll find info on how some of them were done....kinda fun

top topics

join