It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shut down of Nuclear Missiles by UFO witnessed by USAF Captain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Sir, there’s a glowing red object hovering right outside the front gate I’m looking at it right now. I’ve got all the men out here with their weapons drawn”. The nuclear tipped warheads went into a “no-go” condition, meaning they could not be launched.

Salas says this matter is too important for him to keep quiet. The media have been strangely silent about the stories of Salas and many other military officers who have come forward with testimony of direct involvement in UFO incidents.

Let the truth be told, we are not alone.
Link

[edit on 15-4-2009 by Chovy]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
This incident is in Timothy Good's 'Need To Know'. Its a great book full of accounts like this, all just screaming to be admitted and hushed up no longer.

But alas, the media never will be able to give true facts, because said facts are covered up and kept under lock and key.

Anycase, read Need to Know cover to cover and i reckon you'll be looking skyward at every opportunity! That is, unless you are already!

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Salas even wrote a book about the incident because he just could not keep quiet about it. Its called, Faded Giant: The 1967 UFO/Missile Incidents.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
That's now on the reading list! Cheers!

I'm on Corso's The Day After Roswell ant the mo, but I'm none too sure about it so far, it seems a little too, dunno, convenient....

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Chovy

There's a long history of reported activity near or over nuclear weapons and power facilities. Have a look at The Malmstrom Air Force Base UFO/Missile Incident (Nuclear missiles shutdown during UFO encounter). Another well documented account is the Indian Point Close Encounter and the Greifswald Nuclear power plant

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/24e86ac99d76.jpg[/atsimg]
Indian Point Nuclear Power Station

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Yeah man, and the massive increase in UFO activity since the start of the atomic age pretty much speaks for itself.

What I'm curious as to, is why? Do the aliens realise we've tapped into a force which is far too dangerous for our own good? Which is why they like to play with the arming switches and play 'no-go'?
Or are we just under the microscope for these guys....?

Mix of both i reckon.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
5 ICBMs rendered "no-go" condition if I can recall correctly.

Quite interesting, I must admit. I'd much rather believe the alien agenda is to protect human evolution, than to destroy it. =)

Think about it, if aliens wanted to destroy us, they would have done it 70 years ago.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Yeah, I'd suspected that.

Interestingly, in Need to Know, there are accounts of US military personnel shooting at or attacking, by whatever means, UFOs. It then goes on to say that governments from around the world figured there's no way they can be beaten, or even scratched, so let's play nice.

Suggestions go further to speculate that the aliens themselves warned the more powerful heads of state not to mess. It's for your own good, they said....

Yay for ETs is, and always will be my final opinion on these guys.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I have had two (that I know of) extra-terrestrial experiences in my life. The first one happened when I was about 3 or 4 years old, thus creating an impression that it was normal for lack of a better word. Later on in my life I began to form the ideals and habits of society that things like that aren't normal. Again in 2007, I had a personal experience with an ET in my room, and I found that society views it as abnormal, but it isn't. It is simply rare and uncommon. Every since then I have been literally obsessed with UFO and Extra-Terrestrial information. I have done much online research, I have read many personal testimonies, I have watched countless documentaries biographies and autobiographies all about one subject; the life beyond Earth. It is very much possible. It is not just silly, but technically insane to think that we are alone in this universe. If you look at the Earth from close-range in outer space, you cannot see human beings, can you? No. When you put the Earth next to the Sun, the Earth seems like a marble next to a basketball. And in fact, the sun is a marble next to a basket ball when compaired to other stars who are in an older star life than our Sun. And when compairing those stars even bigger than our sun to a galaxy, that star would seem completely subdued in light and gas. And there are more galaxies in this solar system and this universe than we can even count. All in all what I am trying to say, is that human beings are tiny and insignificant. We get these huge ego's that tell us we are powerful and smarter than any other life form on this planet and we're in control, and that this is OUR planet... people need to open their eyes and realise that what we know, is what the government will allow us to know. And what the government knows is only a tiny fraction of the real truth... There are things happening every single day not only in the 21st century, but dating back to over 500,000 years ago that show proof of "Alien" life on this planet. There is factual proof that human civilizations have been destroyed and recreated hundreds of times. There is historical proof of multiple species of "Aliens" coming to Earth and doing many things such as trying to convince us to change our ways, enslaving us, teaching us, helping us, technilogically advancing us beyong any thing we could possibly imagine. And for people to sit back and dismiss it all as untruthful insanity is simply pathetic. Time not only heals wounds, but it brings change. And some times, that change is believed to be the original truth, and nothing but. The truth has been lost in time, and the world may not come to a complete stop on 2012, but we will face great danger and shocking discovery beyond any thing that the common civilian could possibly imagine.

www.crystalinks.com...
www.crystalinks.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by purehughness
Yeah man, and the massive increase in UFO activity since the start of the atomic age pretty much speaks for itself.

Or are we just under the microscope for these guys....?

Mix of both i reckon.

If we are under the microscope and nukes afford us some form of defense it might explain the motives for disabling several nuclear sites.

Regardless even if UFO sightings only represent an atmospheric phenomenon it should behoove all of us to petition the military to reopen investigations to figure out what this phenomenon is and why it can seemingly shutdown missiles, screw with our pilots wetware, confuse plane targeting and cause radar malfunctions.

Several weeks ago I sent a letter to my representatives, specifically mentioning Robert Salas and the '67 Malmstrom incident, asking for further investigation and an explanation of how this doesn't constitute a national security threat. If you think this case warrants further US disclosure, please join me and send this to your senators and congressmen. I've put together a political activism kit, it includes letter templates for senators, congressmen, and the President along with FOIA documentation. In a similar vein I've also put together a small press release kit. It certainly couldn't hurt contacting ABC, CNN, FOX, newspapers, and any other media organization that comes to mind.

Hello [Senator, Congressman, etc] [Name],

I recently ran across an article on the Defense Department's website (www.dod.mil...) that deeply concerns me. In this article it explicitly states:

As a result of these investigations, studies, and experience, the conclusions of Project Blue Book were:

* No UFO reported, investigated, and evaluated by the Air Force has ever given any indication of threat to our national security.

This is verifiably false.

In the year 1967, two year before Project Blue Books doors were shut and in the middle of the Condon study, in Montana at the Malmstrom AFB Oscar-Flight Missile Launch Control Center (LCC), a perimeter security guard phoned the on-staff Deputy Crew Commander (DMCCC), Captain Robert Salas, in the LCC capsule to report an inexplicable glowing-red object floating over the facility.

Not believing this Cpt. Salas told the man to phone back when something more significant happened.

Five to ten minutes later the guard called again, more distressed, to report that the object was approaching the gate. This time Salas instructed the guard to secure the site and went to wake his commanding officer, Lt. Fred Meiwald, from his scheduled sleep period. While briefing Lt. Meiwald the alarm klaxon sounded and lights at the commander's station flashed indicating missiles were entering a "no-go," or unlaunchable, condition.

In total Oscar-flight lost six to eight missiles that morning. Each silo ran on a completely separate and independent system to prevent cascading failures. Several miles away at Echo-flight, under similar circumstances, another LCC crew lost all ten of their missiles. The loss of one missile due to system failure let alone eighteen is so statistically improbable as to be unprecedented.

The factualness of this is verifiable through FOIA and Boeing documentation detailing to what extent SAC investigated the failures. Robert Salas has also since written a book titled Faded Giant to broaden awareness on this matter. In it, he notes Declassified Strategic Missile Wing documents along with interviews of ex-Boeing engineers’ reveal tests could not identify a cause for missile shutdowns; likely explaining why in one declassified correspondence SAC stated the incident “was of very grave concern to this headquarters." Mr. Salas has also gone before the National Press Club and stated he’s willing to testify before Congress to the truthfulness of this story.
(www.youtube.com...)

With all of this a matter of public record how is it that the DOD publicly states, "No UFO reported, investigated, and evaluated by the Air Force has ever given any indication of threat to our national security?”

The defense implications are obvious and frightening. In view of this event we desperately need public congressional hearings to determine why Blue Book was shutdown. We need to understand why the USAF neglected to inform the Condon study of this case, especially since the findings of the Condon Report were one of the few justifications for closing Project Blue Book. In absence of congressional action we deserve a full report from the DOD and USAF spelling out how this does not constitute a national security threat!

I implore you to discuss this issue with your fellow Senators, the Congress, the Defense Department, the United States Air Force, and if possible the President of the United States.

The nonsense surrounding this issue has gone on long enough. We deserve real answers about our security!

Concerned citizen,

[Your Name]

[edit on 16-4-2009 by Xtraeme]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by purehughness

Aliens are so much more advanced than people are. From what I have gathered 5,000 years ago the first recording of alien life form on our planet came to be from the Sumerians of what is now known as Iraq. If you google "Sumeria... five tablets" you will find much information on the subject. By now they are far more advanced than we would probably ever be. Human beings have grown into a superficial, physically attached, greedy power-hungry race and aliens don't want any thing to do with us because of that. Aliens exist in our galaxy, in our solar system, and even on our planet. There are several different species, just like there are several different races of people like German, Iraqi, Hawaiian, Australian, etc... One race of aliens is the most common to the US known as the Grays, I have heard that some are drones for another race of aliens knows as the Pleaidians who supposedly used to live on Venus but due to an unfortunate event moved to the Pleiades constellation. These aliens supposedly represent the "Light", or the civilization who will help bring human beings into the Aquarian Age, which is the age of basically insanity, war, intelligence and power over love and religion.......... I have also heard that the true grays are a melevolent race who do genetic engineering and experiments with a secret goverment from america that is known as the "men in black", you can find information on this on UFO Hunters website from former agents of the government, and the earliest dated alien race are the civilization of Niburu, forgive me I forget what they are called..... any way Niburu is a real planet that is a little beyond Pluto, you can find a lot of information on this website www.crystalinks.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
It makes me wonder about a lot of things (if the stories are all indeed true). If something caused those nuclear missiles to go from go (armed?) to no-go (disarmed?) what was the specific reason in each case?

Why didn't this phenomena (shut down) happen prior to the Chernobyl accident? Why was the Three Mile Island accident "allowed" to occur? What about all the nuclear bomb testing at various locations after WWII?

Perhaps when the nuclear missiles are pointed towards space it's different? Don't most ICBMs go beyond earth's atmosphere before coming back down to their targets? What was the intent (by all parties concerned) during those times where the nuclear missiles were shut down? Were they merely switched on (by humans then turned off by 'something')? Were they ready to launch? Were they programmed to go beyond Earth's orbit and not come back? A non-terrestrial target maybe?

Does this mean that all of the world's ICBM-type nuclear weapons have been useless for a long time now?

It would be a very dangerous experiment to purposely activate these types of weapons just to study the phenomena of whatever it is that apparently shows up and shuts them back down. Could that be part of it?

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Even if people don't believe this captain I hope they atleast buy his book and hear what he has to say.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Hmmmm.... Good point there.

ETs stepping in to control Chernobyl would have been extremely noble (not to mention a bitch for the authorities to explain away). But maybe the case is that shutting off nuclear missiles is a sign to us humans that this is a power with not to mess - and Chernobyl enforces this that to us.

As to ICBMs maybe being useless for quite a while, could this be one of a few motives for Obama to talk about disarming the world of nukes? I can't say I buy those opinions that he will be 'letting' the ETs land and invade without and fuss...

Sweet avatar by the way syncro

[edit on 16/4/2009 by purehughness]

top topics

join