It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11 Pirates Are Seized in Raid by French Navy!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Pirates held by French forces on Wednesday, a picture released by the French Ministry of Defense is in the article. It is about time that all the nations cooperatively take a stand and aggressivly pursue force against this type of barbaric mutiny!

French forces detained 11 suspected pirates during an assault on what they described as a pirate “mother ship” in the Indian Ocean off the eastern coast of Somalia Wednesday, less than 24 hours after an American cargo ship was attacked by pirates in the same region.
The 11 detainees are being held on board a French frigate, the Nivôse, part of a European Union antipiracy task force patrolling in the area, the French defense ministry said in a statement.
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Link to video about the 11 Pirates that have been seized by the French.

www.reuters.com...

[edit on 15-4-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Hats off to the French. I really want to see what happens when the Chinese catch some pirates though.

After the motherships, they need to go after the bases and organizers. Just look for who is building the newest, biggest houses, and blow them up.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

No kidding! I second that...apparently the French navy late Monday handed over the bodies of two Somali pirates killed in a hostage rescue operation last week to authorities in Somali's semiautonomous northern region of Puntland and locals buried the bodies!

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Vive le France!

Sheesh!! can we now see the idiocy of the events in 2003, here in the USA??

Changing the name of 'french fries' to 'freedom fries' in the Congressional cafeteria....bloody ludicrous!!! Did they also remove the German Potato Salad?

Sorry, rant...just shows the mindset of the various idiots-in-charge at he time, and the ability of the Media to pick up on it, and spread the stupidity.

Seems the French have well shown to be nothing like these cartoonish representations of the past.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
france doing something right for a change i am shocked.

whats the obama adminstration doing? freezing the pirate assets? hellooooo
somali pirates dont have swiss accounts people.

if this doesnt show you how stupid and weak the obama admin is nothing will.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Well good for France.
Now let's take a count here.
the US kills 3
Now the French have 11
Only 50 million more starving Somalis to go.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by neo67

Well, neo67.....just keep watching faux 'news' and bobbing your head.

THIS (the 'piracy') has been going on for only the last few months, hmmmm????

If you wish to call the Obama Administration 'weak and stupid' then yoiu'd better add King George to the same category.

I suppose if the latest Maersk Alabama event had happened under his watch, he's wait 'til he finished reading 'My Pet Goat' before doing anything...if he did anything at all.....

*EDIT* Now, Rush Limbaugh is criticizing President Obama because the three dead Somali 'pirates' were teenagers....even though they were threatening to kill the American Captain. What a hypocrite!!! Imagine what 'Rush' would have said if the Captain had been shot by the 'pirates'??? There is no end to the nastiness the 'right' will stoop to....

[edit on 4/15/0909 by weedwhacker]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by neo67

Well, neo67.....just keep watching faux 'news' and bobbing your head.

THIS (the 'piracy') has been going on for only the last few months, hmmmm????

If you wish to call the Obama Administration 'weak and stupid' then yoiu'd better add King George to the same category.

I suppose if the latest Maersk Alabama event had happened under his watch, he's wait 'til he finished reading 'My Pet Goat' before doing anything...if he did anything at all.....

somali piracy has been going on for years.

to my knowledge not one us ship was attacked during gwb presidency

wow so touchy when it comes to the same kind of speak and respect that was given gwb now the shoes on the other foot some one dares says something negative about obama the left tends to get upset. you reap what you sow friend.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
A big respect to our French amigos, good job chaps.
Now, we come to the question of what to do with the Scallywags? I say, walk the plank you Scurvy dogs! Be done with ya.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Two short informtional videos on the pirate attack that ended with 11 pirates captured by the French!

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo67
france doing something right for a change i am shocked.

whats the obama adminstration doing? freezing the pirate assets? hellooooo
somali pirates dont have swiss accounts people.

if this doesnt show you how stupid and weak the obama admin is nothing will.

Frankly, none of this does show me how stupid and weak the Obama admin is...so I can only conclude...as you say...that nothing will. Thanks for clarifying that.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
the MSM will eventually ask the question , "why somali pirates ?" and the world will start to learn about what's going on

I bet within 2 months someone gets the bright idea of trying to prop up a democracy using the logic they won't need to pirate anymore if they can take care of themselves

lets just pray they don't do it Iraq style and go in with grund troops

could be obama's Iraq

new topics

top topics

join