It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Susan Boyle... over 5 million hits on youtube

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
This is astonishing.

The way the audience and judges had made judgements based on looks and appearance was just so obvious that something extraordinary was about to happen..

and wow, did somehing happen.

I've already posted this in the general breaking news, but I feel this woman deserves this extra posting in our music forum too..

please take a few minutes to see her sing...

Outstanding performance.

Current viewing stats stands at 7,275,149 views

[edit on 15-4-2009 by Extralien]

Latest count now stands at 8,172,415

[edit on 15-4-2009 by Extralien]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Thanks alot for posting this. First off i love the lead in. You know somethings going to happen i sat through the talk and banter hehe. Now this woman has got it, i tell ya!. Goosebumps going up my arms and back, neck even.

The sheer power of emotion was enough to knock out anyone.

The thing is. I just sat here and watched someones dream come true
People you gotta watch this!

I was just inspired to keep going with my music. hehe

Thanks again!

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Yeah I saw this on yahoo news and I got chills and literally balling lol and I must have watch it 20 times...it is very emotional...The moral of the story is...don't judge the book by it's cover...only because someone is far from norm it doesn't give anybody any right to belittle somebody like her..Her voice was AMAZING!!!..That is what I called A GIFT!....and those people snickering at her when Simon asked who would you like to be? and she responded "I wanna be like Elaine Page"...those audiences gave her a very mean look, rolls their eyes..and as soon as she hits that mike those people probably felt like an AHOLE!.......One thing i must say 'NEVER EVER UNDERESTIMATE ANYONE"...thanks for sharing that posts!

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
She really broke out today here in the US with edited newsclips on CNN a few times today. Of course we rushed over to youtube in hopes of finding a complete clip and we were amazed! What a stunning voice she has -- brings tears to your eyes. Hoping that she goes all of the way to the top on the show. Amazing!

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Day 5 of this vid being on youtube.
58,475 ratings.
60,154 text comments.

The numbers say it all, Susan Boyle has conquered youtube in less than 5 days.
The majority of the comments being left are so full of praise and from all parts of the globe.

She wrecked the whole series. We already know who wins - and if she doesn't, the series is a joke.

this will be the first time I will do a txt vote. You got my support. Can't keep away from Susan's angelic voice. its like part of my daily routine to see her video ...nth times everyday.I have been telling all my colleagues/friends and family about her.Such a tear jerking performance.

I canny keep up with all these comments!...I'm missing half of them...xxx

This is so amazing.. She is so amazing, and no she should not get a makeover.. She is beautifull in her own way, and that should not be changed, because if people dont wanna vote on her because she isnt "hot" then they should realy be ashamed of them self.. The best way to be beautifull in is your personality, and from what I can se just here she has a greate sens of humor, and a good personality. Go im gonna vote on her nomatter what.. She realy should win BGT 09 she deserve it

And can you believe this???? She already has fan sites.... unfortunately, one of them is just jumping on the band wagon and is open for business.
Shame really...
www.susanboylefansite.com...

the facebook fan club;
www.facebook.com...

A bit more of a sensible site;
www.susanboyle-bgt.co.uk...

But this one has got a bit more style, flare and a nice warm sense of adventure imo.
www.susan-boyle.com...

Now why didn't I think of doing that???

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
It just shows you how people are sheep, the faces people were pulling, people cringing, the majority of that audience wrote her off for the person she portrayed, i hope she's inspired more people to open up thier eyes and not judge someone on appearance, it seems this day and age that you need to have that certain look or persona to get in the click .. very wrong !! Well done girl . . beautiful voice . . Elaine Page ain't got nothing on you !!

Peace

satellite1

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Britain's Got Talent star Susan Boyle gets 20 million YouTube hits

The extraordinary reaction to her audition for the ITV show has been picked up across the Atlantic.

Miss Boyle, a 47-year-old church volunteer, has been invited to sing on the Oprah Winfrey Show.

She has already appeared on the popular Today programme, where host Kathie Lee Gifford was moved to tears by her story, and has received hundreds more invitations from US television and radio stations.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

20... count that... 20 million hits.. Outstandng. And so rightly deserved too.
It's not often that someone makes such an impression on so many people.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
She does kick ass to be fair.

Very moving indeed.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Susans first and only CD recording from 1999 'Cry me a river'.

THE Daily Record has uncovered the only CD ever made by Scotland’s singing sensation Susan Boyle.

It emerged last night that Susan, whose Britain’s Got Talent triumph has made her an instant superstar, is being lined up for an appearance
on the Oprah Winfrey show which would give her the chance of a number one album in the US.

But the Record can reveal she made her first recording back in 1999, when she sang blues ballad Cry Me A River for a charity CD.

Only 1000 copies of the disc were ever produced, but we’ve got hold of the long-forgotten recording and it’s now on our site. A showbiz insider said: “This is a real coup for the Record. The whole world would have wanted to find this.

“People will be scrambling to get their hands on this CD. They will be like gold dust soon.”

www.dailyrecord.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Okay, fine! Normally, I'd like to keep my composure while viewing new videos, show, etc. Maybe I was tired from doing yard work earlier but I was moved, shed a tear or two and added the video as one of my favorite today.

In the video, one girl rolled her eyes up, passing judgment right then and there that someone not as well-known and beautiful would end up stunning the crowd.

We should learn to true beauty touches the hearts of many, just like what Susan Boyle did up there on the stage.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Yesterday at work, a colleague vigorously waved us over to her computer. There we were, four women huddled around a computer. I kid you not, we all had goosebumps and tears in our eyes at Susan Boyle's performance. We didn't care who saw us.
I knew that if heaven has music, this is what I want to hear. Susan listened to her muse, and gave us all a gift of her voice and a lesson in the brilliance of passion, which resides in each of us, shared with others.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Bookies have given her the shortest odds ever for a reality contestant.

She has been cut from 11/10 to 1/2 favourite and has attracted more than 95 per cent of bets.

Ladbrokes spokesman Nick Weinberg said: “She is a phenomenon. If Elton John entered now he would have his work cut out to win.”

www.thesun.co.uk...

BRITAIN’S Got Talent singing sensation Susan Boyle is a bigger star than Britney Spears and Lady GaGa combined.

The Scottish singer has had almost 20million hits on YouTube since she wowed viewers on the show last week.

But pop princess Britney, 27, and saucy singer Lady GaGa, 23, have managed less than three million hits each on their latest singles

www.dailystar.co.uk...

There were s'n-word's too in the ITV1 audience last Saturday as she bumbled on to the stage and admitted she had “never been married, never been kissed”.

But her spine-tingling performance of I Dreamed A Dream from Les Miserables wowed millions and has changed her life.

Six days on and Susan now has 3950 possible search results on youtube.
Just one of those searches has had 24,958,387 views. There are other vids that have now had close to 5 million views and a lot more down in the half a million range.

This video now has 109,388 ratings, 124,595 comments...and rising...
A comment from robbo931

I'd rather have one Susan compared to 100, media hyped, plastic 'personalities'.
well done Susan!!!!!!

There are 104 honours for video that has been viewed 25million times and looking at these honours is quite an impressive list.. Just to give you a rough idea,

#1 - Most Discussed (This Week)
#1 - Most Discussed (This Week) - Global
#1 - Most Discussed (This Week) - Entertainment
#1 - Most Discussed (This Week) - Entertainment - Global
#1 - Most Discussed (This Month)
#1 - Most Discussed (This Month) - Global
#1 - Most Discussed (This Month) - Entertainment
#1 - Most Discussed (This Month) - Entertainment - Global
#6 - Most Discussed (All Time)
#1 - Most Viewed (This Week) - Germany
#1 - Most Viewed (This Week) - Australia
#1 - Most Viewed (This Week) - Canada
#1 - Most Viewed (This Week)
#1 - Most Viewed (This Week) - Ireland
#5 - Most Viewed (This Week) - India
#1 - Most Viewed (This Week) - New Zealand
#2 - Most Viewed (This Week) - Israel
#1 - Most Viewed (This Week) - Global
#2 - Most Viewed (This Week) - Spain
#1 - Most Viewed (This Week) - Mexico
#2 - Most Viewed (This Week) - France
#4 - Most Viewed (This Week) - Italy
#10 - Most Viewed (This Week) - Japan
#5 - Most Viewed (This Week) - South Korea
#1 - Most Viewed (This Week) - Netherlands
#1 - Most Viewed (This Week) - Poland
#3 - Most Viewed (This Week) - Brazil
#1 - Most Viewed (This Week) - Russia
#1 - Most Viewed (This Week) - Hong Kong
#1 - Most Viewed (This Week) - Taiwan
#1 - Most Viewed (This Week) - Czech Republic
#1 - Most Viewed (This Week) - Sweden
#1 - Most Viewed (This Week) - Entertainment - Germany
#1 - Most Viewed (This Week) - Entertainment - Australia
#1 - Most Viewed (This Week) - Entertainment - Canada
#1 - Most Viewed (This Week) - Entertainment
#1 - Most Viewed (This Week) - Entertainment - Ireland
#4 - Most Viewed (This Week) - Entertainment - India
#1 - Most Viewed (This Week) - Entertainment - New Zealand
#2 - Most Viewed (This Week) - Entertainment - Israel
#1 - Most Viewed (This Week) - Entertainment - Global
#2 - Most Viewed (This Week) - Entertainment - Spain
#1 - Most Viewed (This Week) - Entertainment - Mexico
#2 - Most Viewed (This Week) - Entertainment - France
#2 - Most Viewed (This Week) - Entertainment - Italy
#5 - Most Viewed (This Week) - Entertainment - Japan
#4 - Most Viewed (This Week) - Entertainment - South Korea
#1 - Most Viewed (This Week) - Entertainment - Netherlands
#1 - Most Viewed (This Week) - Entertainment - Poland
#1 - Most Viewed (This Week) - Entertainment - Brazil
#1 - Most Viewed (This Week) - Entertainment - Russia
#1 - Most Viewed (This Week) - Entertainment - Hong Kong
#1 - Most Viewed (This Week) - Entertainment - Taiwan
#1 - Most Viewed (This Week) - Entertainment - Czech Republic
#1 - Most Viewed (This Week) - Entertainment - Sweden
#1 - Most Viewed (This Month)
#1 - Most Viewed (This Month) - Global
#1 - Most Viewed (This Month) - Entertainment
#1 - Most Viewed (This Month) - Entertainment - Global
#18 - Most Viewed (All Time)

I think the only people who really know exactly how many hits Susan has had are youtube themselves..

[edit on 18-4-2009 by Extralien]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

I'm listening to this right now..and i have chills.
my god i could listen to her voice forever.
simply amazing.
somebody give this woman a record deal so i can buy the cd.
yes..buy the cd..not download it.

edit to add..
when i listened to "Cry me a river", my mind creates a buxom blond laying across a piano, in a retro 40's dress, in a smoky bar.
Just goes to show what the mind creates.

[edit on 18-4-2009 by AccessDenied]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

ME TOO!!!!! I will most definitely buy her CD.

I have not bought a CD in umpteen years.. but for Susan, I sure as heck will.
And it will be money well spent in my opinion.. She has done something for so many people all over the world in less than a week and it is just phenomenal.

Just going through all the thousands of comments on the youtube vid you can see how many people are asking for her to get a CD out NOW.

126.563 comments on this vid as of this post...
www.youtube.com.../watch%3Fv%3D9lp0IWv8QZY

and it's not over yet... this is just the first footsteps of something wonderful.

new topics

top topics

join