It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA vs. the World

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by shoo
It is so sick that so many of you are damn paranoid. As if the EU would ever go ballistic against the USA. Or China against the USA, or even Russia. Ahhh.
can i point out something to u THIS IS A CONSPIRACY WEBSITE so most people that visit ARE paranoid
secondly this is a hypathetical situation NEVER WILL HAPPEN OK U HAPPY NOW?we're seeing what COULD and WOULD happen if they went to war if u dini like it then dont post

You damn freaks! Get a damn life, what is wrong with you guys? Watching too many movies, lost contact to reality? Jesus, frustrating! Sick sick sick.

well exscuse me jsut cause im interested in the doenst mean im a freak and iv got a life!lost conatact wi reality ?
hey wtf is ur problem man ? get lost !

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Wasn't pointed at you. Sorry if you got that wrong.

But it's pretty disgusting to watch some people seeing patterns, terrorists, threats, ghosts or whatever really everywhere.
It just needs a little brain to realise that it is mostly all totall bollocks but those people keep on talking about that stuff like those stuff are facts and not only assumptions.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Hmm please keep insults out of this!

Back on topic.....

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Nobody here really has a clue do they?

Before any war between the Rest of The World and the US was to take place, there would be a myriad of economic measures and counter-measures taking place.

The US depends on the Rest of The World for it's resources. Economically, it would be choked to death before any military conflict. And in all liklihood, judging from some of the US posters here, once the economy hit dirt, the US people would be more likely to turn upon themselves before turning against anyone else.

Economics plays a massive part in warfare - it always has and it always will. You only need to look at Iraq in recent years to see how choking a country's economy chokes it's military ambitions. The US would have to make a pre-emptive strike against Europe. This is clearly a war that could only end in a nuclear winter or the destruction of the US through a devestation of it's economy.

Still. It's nice to see all the Yanks dreaming of their world superiority. It's just a pity that they don't know what The Rest of The World is actually capable of.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
Nobody here really has a clue do they?

Still. It's nice to see all the Yanks dreaming of their world superiority. It's just a pity that they don't know what The Rest of The World is actually capable of.

Maybe if you actualy took the time to read what was posted prior to your response, you would see that not "all the Yanks" are dreaming of their world superiority.

Get a clue yourself.

[Edited on 25-4-2004 by Facefirst]

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
America is the supreme power in the world without a doubt. Not just with armed forces but in every aspect of the modern world. The entire economic system of the world is based on and relies on America. Look at the Tiger Crash in 1997/8, Greenspan himself alone prevented a major global recession by changing rates etc, on the verge of a global recession the world experienced the biggest boom in history.

All money in the world flows in and out of America or has some involvement with America at some level, 99% of entertainment, both films, music, tv shows (do you even know how many USA shows are in syndication around the world in more than 55 countries???) diet and restaurants and food (America feeds the world with grain...not forgetting Mc Donalds and Coke) fashion with Levi and the like. American culture IS the culture of the world as it is now.

And what exactly are you using to read and access this information? American software, at most operating system on Windows, at least some driver software or application..and the net itself? off spring from the American Military and Universities!!!!!

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
truth as much as i admire ur patrisiom i'm afriad i have to burst ur bubble
1stly america doesnt have the largest economy or the best 1 in the world its number 3 china about number 2 and japan is number 1
y u cry out? cause they have they are the most technologicaly advanced country in the world take the game cube for exsample invented in japan but best selled in america imagine every time u see a child buying a game cube thats another couple of dolars going to japans economy
also i like ur patritism i respect it u can say to the world i love my country and u cant change that !

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
im not American
LOL and you really gotta read my earlier posts first

Japanese economy, erm who created it? Like the Germany economy..who created that?? After WWII?? WHo funded these economies? Both are still in recession.

China is growing but no where near America. The dollar is down now but still USA is the richest nation in the world. Highest GDP for the size of her nation.

You cant deny the cultural power and clout of the states, you see people wearing Chinese fashion? Watching Chinese TV,Movies, MTV???

North America accounts for something like over 60% of WORLD GDP
No # there its a fact. Research it!

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Yes i would agree that USA is a supreme power but f it did come to "USA vs the World" i cant see USA becoming the victor it's just 1 country against many countries.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
And you hit the nail on the head...game cube..without the American consumer...the world is screwed. Americans consume just about every product in the world.

"Alas who will buy our merchandise now??"

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
just cause usa hepled fund it doesnt mean that thier the world power frankly they are just the largest consumer nothing more nothing less
oh and also america didnt fund it it was an allied force!

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
America may be an economic giant but that could also be it's undoing. It's population isn't used to hardship. Any economic downturn is going to hit the average American harder than it would in a country with lower expectations.

There are many countries in the world where people survive without Gamecubes, cars, consumer goods, etc. Luxury items elsewhere are classed as necessities in the US.

But anyway, the US doesn't supply the rest of the world with the majority of it's technology. It pays the money to develop it - but only because it controls the market. Take away the market control and the US would be in dire straits.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   

America may be an economic giant but that could also be it's undoing. It's population isn't used to hardship. Any economic downturn is going to hit the average American harder than it would in a country with lower expectations.

You have obviously never watched the show "Cops."

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Heh, I think many Americans have seen just as much hardship as the next guy. The vast majority of people haven't seen or had to go through what many people have, but there has been plenty of hardship...

Look at where America came from and how it got started...

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
firsty after about 70 post of saying the same thing "the uk is not just england " y the (V) do u lot not get it !
secondly what are u on about the uk is only using the US as much as id like to believe that (not much) we're not we are allies, amiegos ,copines,comardes brothers in arms
thirdly why would we wanna join wi the EU they only care about screwing up our farmers!

clearly u dont watch the news nor listen to talk shows. u ever heard the phrase " blair is trying to be the bridge that connects the USA to europe" think iraq war coverage.............

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Facefirst

You have obviously never watched the show "Cops."

Good one! And sooooo true.

I think if you look at our past, Americans are pretty adaptable and when hardship does hit on a wide scale, we get pissed off and toughen up really quick. I think if anyone tried to invade the US, it would just solidify the American people and then look the **** out. Like I said earlier, and as America haters are fond of pointing out, we all have guns....

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   

There are many countries in the world where people survive without Gamecubes, cars, consumer goods, etc. Luxury items elsewhere are classed as necessities in the US.

But anyway, the US doesn't supply the rest of the world with the majority of it's technology. It pays the money to develop it - but only because it controls the market. Take away the market control and the US would be in dire straits.

you'd be surprised, i mean most americans arent rich with a great life and we do struggle with every day like anyone else...you are ill informed here, cars, game cubes, are luxury items in the US still and most i ever met had used cars with parts from junk yards, in many areas we are poor and used to hardship(those areas are probably the heaviest armed parts of the country due to the necessity) heck mexico has more cars per capita than america so its not as you say over here.

[Edited on 25-4-2004 by namehere]

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mooeuro

firsty after about 70 post of saying the same thing "the uk is not just england " y the (V) do u lot not get it !
secondly what are u on about the uk is only using the US as much as id like to believe that (not much) we're not we are allies, amiegos ,copines,comardes brothers in arms
thirdly why would we wanna join wi the EU they only care about screwing up our farmers!

clearly u dont watch the news nor listen to talk shows. u ever heard the phrase " blair is trying to be the bridge that connects the USA to europe" think iraq war coverage.............

i know but frankly if we join the EU we are never going to be able to do anything or grow anything

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   

just cause usa hepled fund it doesnt mean that thier the world power frankly they are just the largest consumer nothing more nothing less
oh and also america didnt fund it it was an allied force!

umm ok..but our gdp 10 trillion per year, we earn 2 trillion in revenues per year, we are the biggest importer and exporter of everything, our air force is the largest most advanced force on the planet, our army is the 2nd largest with training as good as any if not the best, our navy again is the largest on earth with the best ships there are and we have bases and troops in over 100 countries and most technology has come from us, that all doesnt just happen by luck or for no reason, it happens because the US is a world power.

money = power and advancement in the world, the US has the most so its only logical....

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   

truth as much as i admire ur patrisiom i'm afriad i have to burst ur bubble
1stly america doesnt have the largest economy or the best 1 in the world its number 3 china about number 2 and japan is number 1
y u cry out? cause they have they are the most technologicaly advanced country in the world take the game cube for exsample invented in japan but best selled in america imagine every time u see a child buying a game cube thats another couple of dolars going to japans economy
also i like ur patritism i respect it u can say to the world i love my country and u cant change that !

umm japan is number 3, US=10 trillion gdp, china=6 trillion, japan=3 trillion

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join