It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA vs. the World

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
the USA would becaome a whipping stick for the world we would have know chance except for nuke the whole planet and hope our leaders can holdout for a long time then reproduce and in 4 to 500 years we might be a super power again !!!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Iblis

Also the atomic bobm was created with the help of Canadian, British and German scientists as well as American. It was kind of a group victory more than anything.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by coldain

reading that, brought a tear to my eyes, god bless good ol america, and you other countries out there, sorry, but u dont stand a bloody chance...

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Think about people, the US empire is in decline and it is for the best! with have a greater chance for world peace, once the war mongering US is over!

EU could help administer the break up of states in a peaceful manner, and then they can lead the world to a brighter future, not perfect but better.

hopefully the US doesnt take others down with it!!

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by iksmodnad
call me crazy but I think the US would win a war, against the whole world without using nukes. What do you think all the "black budget" projects are for. I've said it before and I'll say it again the united states military is severely under estimated. Partly because the United states general public doesn't even know how powerful their own government is.

they say every year of development is fifty years to everyone else because of our ET advisory board, so in other words we are way ahead , more than anyone knows

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeyTheBear

Originally posted by iksmodnad
call me crazy but I think the US would win a war, against the whole world without using nukes. What do you think all the "black budget" projects are for. I've said it before and I'll say it again the united states military is severely under estimated. Partly because the United states general public doesn't even know how powerful their own government is.

i agree with you about black budget. I believe at one point the US government was denying the existence of Area 51 even thought people had sattelite imges and stuff. IM not sure if they still do. I dont know if there is super alien etchnology but most be somethin cool. I also think that all the dirt roads leading to area 51 have signs at the complexs bnoundaries with some quite serious punishment for people tha cross the border. but i guess that would happen witbh lots of government bases.

just as I said, we got expensive secrets that no body and no one will see till someone gets stupid

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Yes, people really dont realize that the US could literally take out everyone without deploying 1 troop, or even leaving the office.

Trust me when I say this, if it came down to it, and we were provoked enough, it would get really really bad for our enemies, without even thinking about a nuke.

Nukes are outdated.....we dont need to blow everything up to totally destroy you.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
had to edit due to direct stupidity

TCB

[edit on 19-8-2008 by Randy Echo]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by EastCoastKid

According to prophecy the UN will be the world power, combined with NATO, the EU, etc.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by insite

Really ?? Israel is a puppet state of the US. They have all of the US' military capabilities and on top of that get $3 Billion + USD a year in Cash Aid. Why wouldn't they have our Back ???

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by PokeyJoe

Current events seem to disagree with you. Also the nuclear submarine fleets of other nations might have something to say about that.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by PokeyJoe
Yes, people really dont realize that the US could literally take out everyone without deploying 1 troop, or even leaving the office.

However, back in the real world, the US for all its might is not capable of beating an insurgent force like the Taliban. You can talk all you like about what the US could do in theory, but it's meaningless because the biggest constraint is political. And in that regard the US is getting progressively more constrained. After Iraq and Afghanistan, what US politician would dare risk the same again?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by insite

Australia is part of the comonwealth and still holds loyalty to the queen.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Technically, the USA is holding the entire world at ransom with their nukes. Look at the agenda of the past half century. USA Does what it wants and no one can stop them by force.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
lol USA alone would have difficulty with Europe. the world will be overkill. plus France or britain can hold their own as well. stop with this american the mighty propaganda.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
We couldn't take the world

But United, Particularly if we become an American Union of Canada and Mexico, but even if not, you simply couldn't, literally the entire world couldn't invade the USA

The use of Nukes would be the only way and that = MAD, No Win, by either side.

So you would have to call this as a conventional war to even have the debate at all. Any debate that includes Nukes is Moot, Global destruction

Conventionally?

We have a big Navy and allot of hardware, round one would be the inevitable defeat of the US Navy, but at the cost of a huge number of ships on the other side, even the combined navies of the world, the surviving ships after the defeat of the US Navy would be subs mostly that's where we would inevitably loose and our carrier battle groups would wreck havoc on all other ships by air at sea, there would be precious few fighting ships out there period...

for a time...

The next move would be US vs Canada and Mexico without much support, Canada and Mexico would be gone in a matter of weeks, 10's of thousands of Tanks, we secure the continent as the rest of the world gets ships ready and prepares the land invasion

But with or without the help of Canada and Mexico we go into this with the continent under our thumb

Given a period of months and with the use of commercial ships, led by the remains of a tattered fleet, the World Army is going to come for our shores

We still have almost our full military on the continent and Airforce and lets face it we had more carriers than the whole world, there simply wont be a massive air campaign against our cities, non nuclear bombers will be chewed up by our defenses and the force projection simply wasn't there prior to the Naval battle even globally in the first place,

Most of the ships will be commercial, we will hold out in the skies for a long, long time... months, the losses at sea attempting the landing will be staggering but backed by subs troops will land, but your talking about a Normandy that lasts a month...

Tens of Millions would die attempting to land on the continent, the long range air capacity of the world will be devastated...

So this is where we end up, most of America still alive, when tens of Millions of troops have already died in attempting to gain the beaches

But the world has Tens of Millions more to burn... so we are still looking at big trouble

The next fight is destroying the conventional American Army, your making a beech head with equipment coming at, the American Military on some great battle fronts, we are going to do well, everything is in our favor, much armor global gets burned the minute it hits our shores, much was simply wasted in the attempt, ship building is rapid fire under way around the world but the reality is, so many ships are lost trying to gain our shores, getting enough heavy equipment on land to beat our tanks and defenses proves almost impossible and we have plenty of oil and manufacturing, we are pumping our guns and rockets in massive numbers for the people the whole time...

Eventually, the death toll now would be in the 6 figure Millions, but eventually our military looses, what occupies our shores and into the interior is, in shambles, cut off by very weak supply lines...

Nopw you have to subdue the American people, losses as yet are not massive people got out of the cities early, everyone has a gun, the best equipment the world had to offer is fried and Tanks might be on thje ground and artillery but to shoot at what targets?

We have a continent to disperse into multiple giant mountain ranges, Arizona alone represents and Afghanistan with allot more guns...

The worlds Army now has to occupy with battered supply lines against a 270 Million strong Alqueda type Guerrilla Army across a whole continent

And we have, Thousands of planes and crop dusters and Heavy equipment and Pick up Trucks, what happens when we start flying DC 10's into supply ships or armored columns, we have 100,000 dump trucks filled with Guerrilla fighters

losses to the world are already in the six figure Millions...

We are occupied but to what avail?

a 20 year war of freedom is what the world now faces,

you can be certain even with nukes out of the picture we have through and from the initial defeat of our navy, carpet bombed the oil fields as we retreated from the middle east, cut pipelines, bombed key ports

the supply lines are very low, fighters over seas are not so willing to go, corpses of foreign fighters hang on crosses in our corn field

this is where it ends, America is defeated but, in due time, the troops will leave, it's simply too much to occupy, there are too many weapons, ever guerrilla band that is defeated spouts 10 more and they have, excellent toys, these are college educated Americans defending their homes well armed, hidden in terrain that is barely accessible in massive numbers with little hardcore equipment to use in the fight

we loose but in the end keep America...

Just, way to much to occupy,

It's not us, or our tech, it's the ocean... and then the continent and the sheer amount of equipment resources and know how, that turned terrorist

I mean look at 9-11 How many Jumbo Jets do we posses when it's our families dying and your on our shores?

There is just so much we could do in that situation... so much land to cover

Same reason we can barely handle Afghanistan and Iraq in tandem... Expensive supply lines and attempting to root a people off it's own soil, hardest battle that can ever be fought...

Occupation of America is virtually impossible, not given the kind of Navy and defenses in a conventional war you'd have to push through in the first place.

Before our military is gone, this would end up wave after wave of men drowning in that ocean trying to get that beach head cargo shops going to the bottom at the hands of... terrorist style attacks every day. City style occupation against a populace where some guys have dozens of guns and enough ammo to last years... everyone practically has a gun if they don't they need to run around the corner to walmart or the pawn shop to get 9 or 10

I of course simplify this and in a world of nukes it can never happen

but for the fun of playing a Red Dawn scenario

It's still one nightmare of a war for the world...

The point of some of the other posters we can't entirely quell Iraq and Afghanistan...

The world would be able to occupy and Hold the USA in a conventional war?

Not likely at all given that Ocean and the size of this Continent

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
You seem to forget one thing. If the US was to 'take on' the world - it would be bankrupt within weeks.

Wars are not won by firepower alone but by economics, attrition rates and logistics. It is the nation(s) that can last the longest that finally wins.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24 >>

join