It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA vs. the World

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
My AK, Bushmaster, 12 Gauge shotty, 9MM, and 22 pistol says that would be dumb, but if you were to invade USA stay out of any city with gangs good luck finding that city, and you deffinetly want to avoid the counrty us rednecks love guns and hate anyone that isn't American. We would love to finally get to blame someone for #7's death. So even if you toppled the strongest Army the world has ever seen good luck getting through the people that owns guns. By the way I don't know a person that doesn't own a least 3 or 4.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Taste that?
Nationalism.
Mhmm.
Nutty.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

gets your facts straight before you spout nonsense before ....

the first composite armor was developed in the Soviet Union and used on T-64A tank

The first widespread use of a composite armour appears to have been on the Soviet T-64. It used an armour known as Combination K
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Personally it wont happen. I understand alot of people hate us (The U.S) but only because of the war and it has been that way towards every war that any nation has ever been in so this isn't something that should even be considered in this topic. Anyways i doubt it will happen because in a since the EU needs us and in a since we (The U.S) needs the EU. Besides with all the protection we both provide for each other and how techno the U.S military is i highly doubt it. If anything it will be the world against the EU (besides the U.S) or the world against the EU and U.S together. Just my two cents.

[edit on 6-3-2008 by Mr.x211]

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
It'd never happen. (But make my day.)

For one, the US has a better chance of taking over the world than the world has of taking over the US.

Second, I'm a redneck and I can tell you that if an invading army blew up my place of occupation and put me out of a job and threatened my family I'd be thrilled to fight. Hell to be honest this is the scenario I daydream about; protecting American soil with lethal force would be like a dream come true. And the sad thing is I bet most of my friends would agree. And yes, we're all armed and loaded. (And we do reloads, too.) And the friends that don't agree that this scenario would be cool would still definitely fight. I think Yamamoto said this was the reason invading America was a dumb idea. You'd have to just nuke us. Anyway, peace.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
sure as long as ireland and scotland were fighting them the usa wouldnt have a chance they would have to invade europe via ireland and they would get slaughtered on the beaches

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaiheitain
It'd never happen. (But make my day.)

For one, the US has a better chance of taking over the world than the world has of taking over the US.

Second, I'm a redneck and I can tell you that if an invading army blew up my place of occupation and put me out of a job and threatened my family I'd be thrilled to fight. Hell to be honest this is the scenario I daydream about; protecting American soil with lethal force would be like a dream come true. And the sad thing is I bet most of my friends would agree. And yes, we're all armed and loaded. (And we do reloads, too.) And the friends that don't agree that this scenario would be cool would still definitely fight. I think Yamamoto said this was the reason invading America was a dumb idea. You'd have to just nuke us. Anyway, peace.

Well its simple.. there's 6 billion people on this planet out of which the US accounts for >500 million. So there's a 1:11 disadvantage on a generic scale.
And I respect your sense responsibility over protecting your country, your economy and you family. It makes me have faith that you would expect the same sentiment from people all over the world, may they be Iraqis, Iranians
etc.. etc..
But I recommend, don't day dream about wars on your homeland. It is not going to be something that may turn out the way you want it too. Esp if you care for your family.
Here's to world peace!

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ohioguy646
My AK, Bushmaster, 12 Gauge shotty, 9MM, and 22 pistol says that would be dumb, but if you were to invade USA stay out of any city with gangs good luck finding that city, and you deffinetly want to avoid the counrty us rednecks love guns and hate anyone that isn't American. We would love to finally get to blame someone for #7's death. So even if you toppled the strongest Army the world has ever seen good luck getting through the people that owns guns. By the way I don't know a person that doesn't own a least 3 or 4.

Just a quick thought..
Your pistol and shotty wouldn't do you much good if you were sniped from 300m away..

But hey.. that's just me talking!

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
everyones talking about bombs has anyone realised that there's alot more to it who will canada join as its a commonwealth country which practically makes it british secondly there are no winners because who ever wins will have bad public relations if any at all say goodbye to traveling and some crops not to mention animals will become extinct so lets sum that up if europe wins the us and everything from it will be gone from us and if the usa wins it will have food shortages no world market for it products there would be virtually no foreign industry because europeans are the only people besides americans that can afford american products but the winning factor lies with whichever side us brits choose to join first we seperate mainland europe from america so we could be a port or entrance if you would say to get close to either side without actually being there especially the americans to freance as we have the eurotunnel although if we joined america they'd probably close it and if we joined europe they'd probably use it plus if we joined america we'd easily have the most nuclear weapons and remember russia is a part of europe plus asian countries eps. india and all the islam countries are most likely to join whichever side britain joins and if that happen god help europe as they would be under attack from both sides and if britain joins europe that would basically be as the title says america vs the world not to mention britain has one of the most powerful set of armed forces in the world and sre always called upon first and foremost to help fight american wars plus the language barrier that exists between britain and mainland europe is non-existant between brits and americans

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthStrgnrThanFiction

um... i think you got it the rong way around america does not feed the world with culture but takes the culture from all over the world and puts it in one place plus the uk and canada grow its own wheat and grain

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthStrgnrThanFiction

are you aware that britain has had to lend the usa around 1trillion dollars not to mention the recent 22 million pounds we lent them since the credit situation and by the way the british pound to the american dollar is 1 pound to usd$ 2.00 so you do the math plus the usa is the country with the most debt in the entire world and as much as they boast about having money they really are spending more than they have which is why we the brits with the strongest economy note i didnt say the largest have to be bailing the usa out all the time not that the usa wants everyone to know about it i mean imagine how that would sound "oh and today on abc news the british had to lend us billions of dollars and give us economic advice so that we dont end up being a country in ruins" i mean why do you think our prime minister is flying over there so much "for fun"

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Ambient Sound

oh shut the hell up america couldnt even beat castro with his little caribbean island of cuba which is probably smaller than your smallest state even though your so-called special forces tried and failed to kill him over 600!!!! times yet you think you can beat europe which have some of the most powerful armed forces in history up till now and reality check russia is a part of europe and as far as weapons go just give us a try and see what happen okay seeing as you americans are so tough the problems with you guys is that you talk too much you think your all that but yor really not

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I don't understand why this thread is so long and I did not waste any time reading it, however I just wanted to point out to the OP that if America bowed down to the EU nothing would be any different because it is the same Roman Empire, just a different branch. So thats kind of an oxy moron.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
You see our Founding Fathers were trying to get away from the corrupted government that was and it was because it's all about the royal family. Yet those bastards came over and infiltrated our government again. There needs to be a new law set fourth here in America, that keeps the people in power and the Royal bloodlines out, because they don't give a rats ass about anyone but themselves and they are tearing our country apart and turning it into a dictatorship.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
'USA v the World', America will serve to be it's own downfall! Given that the majority of Americans derived from European states, it makes for a silly confrontation. I think theres a better chance of an alien invasion of the US in order to restore the balance than the above scenario.('
')
('
')

[edit on 17-4-2008 by Breifne]

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Variable
LOL, my dad can beat up your dad!

You poor deluded non-Americans still may hold onto some sliver of hope that your country could beat the US in a war but, you would be fooling yourself. Compared to other countries we simply out spend you all. Until you put the money into your military comparable to the US, you will never be a superpower. You may have the best trained Cornish pixie army in the world, but we will find them and if they are in concentration, we will obliterate them. Ask the Taliban and tribal Aphgans, no doubt man per man, many of the mujahadeen are top notch fighters. Nothing beats on the job training, especially in war. Peace time training is nice, but actually going out and fighting builds experience and competence. Many of these tough fighters simply ceased to exist when a satellite or laser guided 2000 lb bomb air-bursted over them. Read some of the books out now about the war. The Green Berets did in three months what the Brits, Turrks and Russian couldn't do in the years they were there. It's not just individual troops that matter; it is the combined strategic might that makes the US the lone superpower. Whether your Pixies can beat our Seals is irrelevant, if all the pixies die on the way to the fight? capeche?

Why do you think Britain is our staunchest ally??? Because Britain still has very intelligent people in power.

Variable

First of all war in Afghanistan isn't over, its just that no one is paying attention to it. Secondly Afghanistan for SU was what Iraq is for US, its a battlefield for the whole middle east, Afghanistan has been so easy for you because most of the mujahadeen are in Iraq. SU has been kicking the towelheads east and west and north and south, then we ran out of money, kinda like you are.

You have a 9 trillion dollar debt and every bullet you fire increases that debt, you're no longer spending your own money on your weapons and that can not last. Eventually you will run out just like SU did.

And it doesn't matter how much money you waste on your "superior" technology, you can not even hope to invade Russia, our technology is more then enough to counter anything you've got on the defensive.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
How the hell you can think the usa can take on the world.

Just because you have guns on every street corner, you think that you are safe when your city is being carpetbombed with nukes, clusterbombs etc.
I mean how can you acually think that the usa always will win a war.

Time has learnt that even the biggest superpowers go down.
Not to scare you, but to keep an eye on reality.

There are others that will try to take the place of superpower in the future.
The question is will you tolerate them getting that much power, or do you go to war, with the risk of another world war.

[edit on 1-6-2008 by GAOTU789]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
An extreme majority of posts here are so ignorant that to wade through the filth and find the few gems is becoming tiresome, especially as the former becomes more prevalent as this thread begins to die.

People's reactions so far have been:

Army size / training vs. Another army's.
Jets vs. Jets
Tanks vs. tanks.
Nukes.

No-one ever discusses logistics, or situational awareness.
Hell, no one even discusses some of the most important aspects I brought up earlier;

i. U.S. denying GPS.
ii. Few nations being able to project power unto the U.S. mainland, much less without approval by Canada, Mexico.
iii. The logistics of an air or naval invasion, _much less_ a ground invasion. [China.]

And etc.

Everyone likes to say: "I'm better! For 'random generic reason'"

But reality is far from.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
The US should just nuke France and the rest of the EU would back off.
We should nuke France anyway
IMO

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join