It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA vs. the World

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I've seen threads like usa v china etc. How bout what would the USA do if the European Union (prophecy's revived Roman Empire) became so powerful that they could convince the entire body of nations to follow them in a full-scale attack on the USA? If prophecy is any indication, it may very well happen. Are you ready for the mighty USA to become nothing more than a huge third-world country bowing before the newly mighty European Union? Think about it. It could happen. All empires have fallen. We are no different.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
I've seen threads like usa v china etc. How bout what would the USA do if the European Union (prophecy's revived Roman Empire) became so powerful that they could convince the entire body of nations to follow them in a full-scale attack on the USA? If prophecy is any indication, it may very well happen. Are you ready for the mighty USA to become nothing more than a huge third-world country bowing before the newly mighty European Union? Think about it. It could happen. All empires have fallen. We are no different.

Oh good God! WE"RE ALL GUNNA DIE

Ok, honestly, if this were to happen the world ends. The only way the US has a chance is to go nuclear. If they did that the world would do the same. So I think EVERY country would be back to the stone age.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I think it's happening already, just not in a millitary manner. It's like the tide, it comes and goes. The USSR has only been gone for 20 years, so really the US hasn't had competion for a short period of time, now the EU is up and coming and the US will have to gauge itself accordingly. I think it is a good thing.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Honestly, I think just USA vs. Russia, skipping the little stuff and jumping right to the 'Crowd Pleasers', would be enough to turn the entire planet into being '3rd World Ugly' for a long time!!

Oh yah, and there would be NO WINNERS!! Only scattered ashes of Big Time Losers!!

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
At least Israel's got your back. Hmm, what other bitches are there... Australia too. I think they'd side with the US vs. the UK. UK isn't even in the EU is it? God I should know this...

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
[Edited on 4-25-2004 by insite]

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I dont think there will be anything left from the world. It would be a nuclear war.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
we could bear the brunt of another land war in Europe if we had to. The oly wildcard would be england if they are with us or against us and that would be the deciding factor in the war. And there is no way i can see that happeneing unless they have the absurd idea of invading us. Cause if we were to get the tensions that high against them and go to war we would pull out b4 they had teh ability to invade us. THe ocean is our biggest friend people.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Geez. Do you actually believe Europe could successfully invade the USA? Give me a break. Were Europe 4 times as powerful, they still couldn't do it unless they could get Russia or China to soften us up for a decade or so. Of course we know Europe is fond of getting others to fight their wars for them. I know some of you are just engaging in wishful thinking but come on. Europe couldn't even defeat one of their own in WWII.

This is beyond the need to speculate on. Europe will never invade America, at least not in this century. Plain and simple they just don't have the stones for it and as I've said before Europe is starting to be invaded by Islam so I doubt they will be wanting to pick a fight across an ocean when they will have an enemy coming right up their ass.

[Edit] Oh, and then if you do manage to get the massive European war machine across the ocean and land on US shores, we all own guns. First you have to defeat our military, then you have to defeat a fairly well armed and dedicated population that is about tired of your crap anyway.

[Edited on 23-4-2004 by Ambient Sound]

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
A relegion doesn't cause crimes, corrupt people do.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by insite

Originally posted by mOjOm
Oh yah, and there would be NO WINNERS!! Only scattered ashes of Big Time Losers!!

*clap**clap**clap**clap**clap**clap**clap**clap**clap**clap*

Thank you, Thank you!! I'm here all week!!

by AD5673:
I dont think there will be anything left from the world. It would be a nuclear war.

You are correct! Well, actually there would be 'Something' left. But it wouldn't be very pretty. Full scale release not only being Nuclear, but Chemical and Biological as well, plus whatever else one might mix in for some added 'flavor or color change', certainly wouldn't leave much of anything that we currently would consider recognizable as Our Home, Mother Earth.

Just for those who aren't quite aware just how Out of Hand the Potential Power of Modern Explosives really are, let me give you an idea. You could also spend as little as 30 min. researching the History of Atomic Weapons too, which should be plenty to give anyone a good idea.

I remember a while ago during my period of research into this subject, when I came across what really made it all sink in once and for all. Basically it all started with stuff about the first tests and stuff, which most will remember reading about and how even the military didn't exactly know what to expect at first either. Most obvious by the few occasions where they placed certain 'expendable' personnel just a wee bit too close!!

Anyway, it then went into the yield results and so forth and how they just kept getting better and better at developing them, making them more and more powerful and so on. BTW, even what I'm talking about isn't exactly recent, but it's recent as in being within the last half century (give or take a little).

Then I came across the section talking about some big time meeting between the Military Warmongers, Political Scumbags, Scientific 'Bomb Building' Head Officials, etc. In this meeting it was established after much research and testing that, "...there is no limit to the explosive power that may be attained..." Aside from the material used to create it of course. The only limit, because of it's power ratio being one that can increase in scale indefinitely, came down to the limitations of 'The Delivery Method'. At this point even some doing the research had realized the 'Pandora's Box' they had opened.

Just imagine, even in that early stage of it, they learned of a Tool of War that could be scaled to any conceivable yield if desired!!! You know the first guy to actually realize that and/or prove it mathematically, must have shat himself. Unless he was the typical conscious-less 'bomb building' scientist type of guy. Something of that magnitude should be thought of very carefully be everyone on earth to fully 'grok' the Idea completely! Again, even this was quite a few years ago!!

Here is some other food for thought that I found just now which you also may find interesting!!

Long-Rod Penetration

The Pentagon already has a number of conventional weapons capable of destroying hardened targets buried within approximately 50 feet of the surface. The most well-known of these is the GBU-28 developed and deployed in the final weeks of the air campaign in the Gulf War. The 4000 lb GBU-28 was created from a very heavy surplus Army eight-inch gun tube filled with conventional explosive and a modified laser guidance kit. It destroyed the bunker, which was protected by more than 30 feet of earth, concrete and hardened steel.

The exact number of nuclear warheads in the world today is probably not known by any single person nor institution. The largest weapon ever tested released an energy approximately 4,000 times that of the atomic bomb that leveled Hiroshima. The total strength of the present nuclear weapons may be equivalent to about 1 million Hiroshima bombs, that is about 13,000 million tons of TNT. (That was written in 1986 I believe.)

The day the earth shook - Hiroshima
www.boisestate.edu...

Low-Yield Earth-Penetrating Nuclear Weapons
www.fas.org...

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I say the US kicks everybodys behind! In my short lifetime I have seen alot of incredible things that the US can do with their special forces, in video and personaly.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ambient Sound
Geez. Do you actually believe Europe could successfully invade the USA? Give me a break. Were Europe 4 times as powerful, they still couldn't do it unless they could get Russia or China to soften us up for a decade or so. Of course we know Europe is fond of getting others to fight their wars for them. I know some of you are just engaging in wishful thinking but come on. Europe couldn't even defeat one of their own in WWII.
ok u try fighting a war with NO ECONOMY thats what happned in ww2 at least u had an economy !
secondly the uk would SF ur arses off!our subs would blast u too bits becuase of our well trained crews and at least our men shoot straight and dont hit friendlies !

This is beyond the need to speculate on. Europe will never invade America, at least not in this century. Plain and simple they just don't have the stones for it and as I've said before Europe is starting to be invaded by Islam so I doubt they will be wanting to pick a fight across an ocean when they will have an enemy coming right up their ass.

[Edit] Oh, and then if you do manage to get the massive European war machine across the ocean and land on US shores, we all own guns. First you have to defeat our military, then you have to defeat a fairly well armed and dedicated population that is about tired of your crap anyway.
what crap ! we support u and yet u say we give u crap !
we go behind enemy lines and save ur men and we still arnt good enough !

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quicksilver
we could bear the brunt of another land war in Europe if we had to. The oly wildcard would be england if they are with us or against us and that would be the deciding factor in the war. And there is no way i can see that happeneing unless they have the absurd idea of invading us. Cause if we were to get the tensions that high against them and go to war we would pull out b4 they had teh ability to invade us. THe ocean is our biggest friend people.

HOW MANY TIMES DO WE NEED TO SAY THIS the UK is not just england get it there are 4 countries in it !!
not 1 but 4
thats right little old england isnt the only country here and another fact 60% of UK SF are scotish!!

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Some of you Americans make your selfs look so stupid. What is it with England? In Iraq there is a British Army fighting not an English one, oh and if Britain decided to go on the Americas side, wouldnt that make them the first to be targeted. In that case Britain might just stay with the Europeans like we ought to do.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Devilwasp, I don't consider our good friends in the UK to be part of Europe. Never have.

"Europe" in this context is a state of mind rather than a geographical location. Sorry for the confusion.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ambient Sound
Devilwasp, I don't consider our good friends in the UK to be part of Europe. Never have.

"Europe" in this context is a state of mind rather than a geographical location. Sorry for the confusion.

thats ok then

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 07:02 AM
link   
USA vs. Europe wouldnt be a real match...Germany has a nice military...France is ehh...Spain and Italy are ehh...and thats about it...USA would win within a year or two...USA and UK vs Europe would be a slaughter....more fair (and possible)...China, Russia, Middle East, and N. Korea vs USA, UK, Australia, and Isreal....thats a battle for the ages...the rest of Europe prob wouldnt get involved....especially not the french...

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
France eeh? FRANCE HAS THE BEST ARMY IN EUROPE!

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by necro99
France eeh? FRANCE HAS THE BEST ARMY IN EUROPE!

exscuse me!
does the french army have a 12 week basic training course then a 25 week combat course just to be in an infantry section?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join