It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does God Create the Handicapped?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
to take (if it were possible to be totally objective, which it isnt) a study to see if the "average" human being would fit smack in the middle of a bell curve.
If you were to take all forms of handicap, and all forms of "above average capable people, and then all the rest of the "hum drum" population, and label everyone with a numerical score, would there be statistical symmetry?
This would prove to me that nature is a science that always tries to equal itself out in the end. That nature, (in the respect of human beings) will always struggle to maintain itself as having the same amount of "energy" all the time.
If this were the case, then "god" created noone and deformity is a natural way of maintaining "balance", and is to be regaurded as important as any other part of this connective web--Humans all being connected to one another to form a larger "1"
But maybe you shouldnt listen to me cause I's went to community college and I just do hair.
BUT I DO KNOW
being handicap makes noone less of a person, and if anyone believes this they are just an asshole
Kristine

[Edited on 23-4-2004 by xxKrisxx]

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
If there is not God, tell me how everything around you came to be. Not just humans, but rocks and dirt and stuff.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by glitch314
If there is not God, tell me how everything around you came to be. Not just humans, but rocks and dirt and stuff.

I dont believe in God as you believe in God. I believe god lives within you and is part of you.
I dont believe in fairy tales about a boy girl snake..rib..that sort of thing.
I believe, The creation of the world didnt not happen in a few days, it happened over millions of years and is an expansion and contraction of energy that has happened over and over again.
I think it is beyond our relm of understing right now how we came to be. That is why I believe humans are linked together by what is considered omnipresent God, and is the highest form of energy in the highest dimention, simultaneously existing with ours, but that is a whole nother thing.
But this is why I believe that handicap and high capacity people are just one way of maintaining natural balance to keep the energy web stable

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
YOU, yes YOU, create the handicapped. you are god and so are we all. and if not then god gave us all the decision before we entered this life to choose which life we would lead. god does not condemn nor punish; god allows us to make our decisions for all of eternity!

the strongest people choose the hardest lives the weakest people choose the easiest lives. or is it a matter of choice? ultimately it boils down to your choice.

you yes you created the handicapped whether you are handicapped or not. it is time that the pathetic human race start accepting responsbility for it's actions and acting accordingly- or else, we collectively, we will make the decision to no longer exist as a race. fine with me.

i doubt that we can do it. humans think that they are too smart and above everything.

lol

you make the choice. we are all in this together.

wake up. time is running out.

infact it already...............................

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
LOL your first sentance sounded like an infomercial... "YOU create the handicapped but... YOU CAN FIX IT! with one simple call...." sorry anyways you did a good job explaining that I'm with you 100% the human race is the scum of the earth and it needs to change!

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I think he created the handicapped at the same time he was creating the hard drugs. Or maybe he just didn't create humans to be perfect. Otherwise, we'd be vying for his job, now wouldn't we...?

DC

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
John 9:1-3
1As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth. 2His disciples asked him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?"
3"Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, "but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life.

What i get from that is that God does create handicapped people, but for a reason

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by pineappleupsidedown

John 9:1-3...
What i get from that is that God does create handicapped people, but for a reason

But, many don't believe the bible is the word of God. And, there are many other beliefs besides Christianity, that still believe in a God.
So, only the Christian god creates handicapped people?

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Imperfection was brought into the creation by man. When man was knowingly disobedient to God in the garden of Eden, imperfection/ineqiuty was allowed(by mankind, by the way) into this(up to that time) perfect world. With that one act, man gave the Devil a foothold in this world. And then thing started to go wrong.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by pineappleupsidedown
"Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, "but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life.
Nah, ol' J was just coverin' his dad's ass. He did it all the time. Jesus was thinking as he said this, 'Damn, that's pretty messed up, Pops - you need some practice!"

And God saw all that he had created, and it was good enough...

DC

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpusDei
Imperfection was brought into the creation by man. When man was knowingly disobedient to God in the garden of Eden, imperfection/ineqiuty was allowed(by mankind, by the way) into this(up to that time) perfect world. With that one act, man gave the Devil a foothold in this world. And then thing started to go wrong.

When Adam ate from the tree of knowledge, all the things God promised him were given to Satan. We were meant to control the earth, but sadly one bite has given it all to satan...............crap

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
well, being handicapped myself with muscular dystrophy i believe i and many like me arent here to be happy or have an ideal life, from what i've seen i know im in this situation to learn something and teach others.

i dont blame god, i know i chose this before i was born into this body and its selfish to blame god for that..

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   

im in this situation to learn something and teach others.

thats exactly how i see it. i believe handicaps are to test that person and test other people on there ablity to help someone less fortunate

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Ok; here's the reason why, as is reasoned by my faith.

Sin caused it. Ok, look closer. Adam and Eve to Noah: the flood.

As is reasoned, before the flood there was a layer of water between the heavens which was used to block out UV rays, which fell during the flood, causing immediate flooding. It had never rained before that, a mist used to hover over the ground to water plants (drr, a fog), and the first rain happened during the flood. ( Now, testing does show that if you want to block UV from coming into your home via windows, you need to have a double window system in which normal water is stored between the two widows.) UV damages DNA. Over time, after the flood, these UV's shortened our lifespan from 900+ years to 130 max. It caused our DNA to repeat itself--those are damaged spots that cause things like Downs syndrome. So, sometimes the sins of Noah's generation causes a random child to be born with downs. While it is not good for that child, it does have benefits. A downs child has the mind of a child and by most reasoning is innocent, and therefore is not capable of being charged with sin--a get into heaven free ticket. Also, every single downs person I have met is a very happy person, overall�not all of them have the same limits either, some are rather smart for being disabled in such a way�look at the one who played an angel on TOUCHED BY AN ANGEL. He�s rather bright�

It doesn�t make you feel morally good, but it is a viable explanation. Now does God allow it to happen? If he exists, and there are people with Downs; he must have let it happen.

[quote] Gen. 1:1-2, 6-7, 2:6 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. Now the earth was unformed and void, and darkness was upon the face of the deep; and the spirit of God hovered over the face of the waters� And God said: 'Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.' God made the expanse, and separated the waters which were below the expanse form the waters which were from above the expanse, and it was so� But a mist used to rise from the earth and water the whole surface of the ground.

Look up Bert Thomas for more on this particular subject�

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by glitch314

Well who created GOD then? endless Questions

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
God is a parapaligic,wheelchair bound,amputee,elephant man,clubfooted,siamese twin,retarded, mongoloid and the handicapped are made in his image. The "normal" people are the fly in the ointment.

Thats funny,

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
To the original poster.

Why not ?

He made homosexuals did he not ?

Deep

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
To the original poster.

Why not ?

He made homosexuals did he not ?

Deep

Whats next? he made jews, blacks..... I think that is a #y thing to say

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I dont believe in creation.

I was being sarcastic.

Deep

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
I dont believe in creation.

I was being sarcastic.

Deep

I see, sorry. I also do not believe in creation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join