It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does God Create the Handicapped?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I had this discussion in my theology class and no one seemed to honestly be able to answer it;

Does God create handicapped people? Is this some form of punishment to mankind? If God creates everything as you Christians so avidly hold, why does he create deformities?

For *conspiracy* purpose for this thread I'll ask: Is this God's way to hold his power over the people?

[Edited on 23-4-2004 by iceofspades]

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I think its reasoned as the devil/Satan "tampering" with the birth process, which causes defects etc.

Can't have God creating imperfect humans now can you?

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
What are you people saying that the handicapped are the works of the devil? Shame on you

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Here in lies the exact argument that many have been making for centurys.

If God created man in his own image, is he a little deformed or handicapped?

If he did create humans did he allow for the free will of nature too(deformaties), or just human free will? Or did he allow a negitive force to affect his universe (Satin/hell) in which even he had no control of once we are in this world..............

.........to many questions I have, I could go on for years all the questions I have. Problem is none of them can/will ever be able to be answered in this world. IMOH NEVER EVER. Maybe that is what death is all about, closure, the end, all questions answered. And maybe there is nothing, complete absolute infinite nothing.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
You dont get it, in my interpretation of the creation what made in his image means that our souls are created in his image not the body our body is just part of an animal species of this earth, does that make sense to you?

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
If you are working on the premiss that god creates man, then the answer would have to be ...yes. There is handicapped, in you want to use that word, in all things the difference is that humans are the only species that takes care of those that need extra consideration. It's one of the things that seperates us from the animals.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Just ask the hanicapped if they feel like they were created in the eyes of god and most would say that they dont feel like they are in physical form.........if they can talk.

My Uncle has ceribal polacy (sp) and is confined to a wheel chair. His favorite sport is Baseball............. and hes never played it. He says to me "When Iam out of this hell of a life and we are together in the next life, can we play some ball?" OF COURSE WE CAN JOHN

He is not depressed, he was born with this. He knows no different. But when I see him watch Roberto Alomar make a huge diving play at second base (his favorite player) and he says "can you do that?" and I honestly say "Ya maybe" (iam a great basball player) I can see in his eyes that he belives he is in hell.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
God created the world. NOte, I did not say "perfect world". There are genetic defects and disease and other imperfections of our bodies. It's just part of the world. Perhaps, we can blame evolution and the environment, but certainly not the Supreme Being.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
God created the world. NOte, I did not say "perfect world". There are genetic defects and disease and other imperfections of our bodies. It's just part of the world. Perhaps, we can blame evolution and the environment, but certainly not the Supreme Being.

True. Also not all handicapped are born that way. Christopher Reeves is handicapped, I'm sure that he wasn't when he did Superman.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Nobody's perfect. People were till stupid Eve ate the fruit, then Sin entered the world and disease and all that nasty stuff struck. That is all the logic behind "why werent adam and eves grandchildren retarted due to incest" is becuase there was nothing to mess them up with, their DNA was perfect. By the time Eve picked the forbidden fruit people were far enough apart in the family tree to reproduce. But really, nobodys perfect, everybody has problems and it's not a matter of "some worse than others" because everybody's got something wrong with them.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by glitch314
Nobody's perfect. People were till stupid Eve ate the fruit, then Sin entered the world and disease and all that nasty stuff struck. That is all the logic behind "why werent adam and eves grandchildren retarted due to incest" is becuase there was nothing to mess them up with, their DNA was perfect. By the time Eve picked the forbidden fruit people were far enough apart in the family tree to reproduce. But really, nobodys perfect, everybody has problems and it's not a matter of "some worse than others" because everybody's got something wrong with them.

Sorry, you lost me.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
No God did not "create" the handicap.

He created the human individual who had either faulty genetic code, or was affected by some problem, such as German measles during pregancy.

Faulty genetic code and disease are features of the fallen world that we all live in ....

In other ways we all are handicapped, if not physically then mentally, spiritually, or intellectually. We all, collectivly, suffer from the effects of living in a world that has degraded from that which God intended.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Nobody's perfect. People were till stupid Eve ate the fruit,

Well, personally, I don't believe in Adam and Eve. But, to call her stupid isn't quite fair. In that bible story, the devil TRICKED Eve, remember that in the garden, adam and aeve had everything, including great intelligence.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Where did I lose you? sorry that was messy I was eating a really good chicken sandwich and I wanted to get done with the post fast, my bad. Where did you become lost at and I'll clear it up.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Where did I lose you? sorry that was messy I was eating a really good chicken sandwich and I wanted to get done with the post fast, my bad. Where did you become lost at and I'll clear it up.

The whole perfect DNA/to Eve thing.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Okay i'll re write my post, which was messy due to my good chicken sandwich.

Adam and Eve were created perfect. Everything was perfect, they were perfect, their kids were perfect and their chicken sandwiches were perfect. When Eve picked the forbidden fruit that the devil tricked her into eating, she and Adam basicly damned the world to hell, and by picking the forbidden fruit they let sin into the world. When sin entered the world that's when Disease and yucky stuff came.
Another thing I was trying to say is that nobody's perfect. Just because someone is in a wheelchair doesint mean they cant excell at other things. Take an autistic child for example, Autistic people have no social skills, some can't speak at all, but are amazing at another skill. If you've ever seen the movie "Rain Man" you understand what I'm saying, The guy memorized every number in the phone book, tell me that isn't an incredible gift?
I have Tourette Syndrome and I consider it a blessing because it's brought me so much knowlege about the medical world and neuroligical disorders (plus it got me on the Oprah Winfrey show, not to get off subject, lol)

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
"I have Tourette Syndrome and I consider it a blessing because it's brought me so much knowlege about the medical world and neuroligical disorders (plus it got me on the Oprah Winfrey show, not to get off subject, lol)"

Was that the one that was on this week? I don't normally watch Oprah but I caught that and found it facinating.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Nah it was on like two years ago, you might have caught a re-run of it though. (I'm so sorry for taking this so off subject....) Oprah did a book club episode on the book Icey Sparks which is about a girl with Tourette Syndrome and my mom emailed praising her for doing it because a lot of people steriotype it and Oprah did a good job showing people that people with the disorder don't just randomly scream swearwords and smack people. Anyways Oprah sent a camera crew out to my house and taped a day in the life of a boy with tourette syndrome.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Cool. Well, I thought that god only threw A & E out of Eden. I don't think that they had children at that time. Also if sin is what caused anyone to not be perfect, thus able to contract disease, wouldn't that have to be in God's eyes, so to speak, thus it IS God that at least allowed handicapped people to be born?

AF1

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Ill give you a hint:
There is no god.

It's just rare abnormalities.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join