It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: US is ripe for recruiting by extremists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Report: US is ripe for recruiting by extremists

www.comcast.net

WASHINGTON — Homeland Security officials are warning that right-wing extremists could use the bad state of the U.S. economy and the election of the country's first black president to recruit members to their cause.

In an intelligence assessment issued to law enforcement last week, Homeland Security officials said there was no specific information about an attack in the works by right-wing extremists.

The agency warns that an extended economic downturn with real estate foreclosures, unemployment and an inability to obtain credit could foster an environment for extremists to recruit members who may not have been supportive of these causes in the past.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
This scares me. I hope they are not grouping in supporters of Ron Paul with this report, like so many other reports have done. This scares me because i openly discuss gripes i have with wreckless spending by the government with freinds wether it be through facebook or other forms of electronic communication. I hope i am not considered a radical by my own country. That would be pretty sad, because we were born in this country with the right to disagree.

www.comcast.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
More big brther just to quieten disent, of any kind.

Loads of busy bodies, thinking they can run peoples lifes, and telling people what they can and cannot talk about.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

This scares me. I hope they are not grouping in supporters of Ron Paul with this report, like so many other reports have done. This scares me because i openly discuss gripes i have with wreckless spending by the government with freinds wether it be through facebook or other forms of electronic communication. I hope i am not considered a radical by my own country. That would be pretty sad, because we were born in this country with the right to disagree.

Hon, hate to tell you, but you are being labelled a terrorist not just a radical. Our right to disagree with what our government is doing is being criminalized - RIGHT WING EXTREMISTS!! And, this is being broadcasted to the masses repeatedly on news channels all across the country.

WHAT IS A RIGHT WING EXTREMIST??

Check out the above thread to get an idea of what, according the our government, a right wing extremist is.......you may find yourself included!!

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Yeah right, if this were the case then there would be a whole bunch more people attacking stuff, but alas there are not.

Why have people not attacked, cause this whole idea of citizens attacking just actually represents a bunch of BS.

more attempts by government to paint opposition as a threat, when in fact a majority never voted nor agreed to this government.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Well all I gotta say is they're really starting to get scared. And they gotta know what's coming, I think Ive met five people besides me that are ready to fight where Im at (Were all military) so if that's true then some soldiers are terrorist's
kind of ironic

new topics

top topics

join