It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missed loan payment gets cars turned off by remote controll!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Not sure if this is the place but it seems to be New World Orderish. Car dealers are now going to be able to shut your car off if you don't pay loan on time! i can see this hapening while on the hghway and being killed by an errant rear end colision by a semi!! If this was me, all the would find the first time they shut me down would be a pile of twisted, burnt, metal and a law suit for installing faulty electronic equipment in MY auto!

autos.aol.com...

Zindo

[edit on 4/15/2009 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Not sure where you've been for the last 10 years, but this is a normal occurence for secondary lenders to ensure people who have already proven they can't keep commitments to actually do so.

A GPS system is installed on any vehicle purchased by a poor credit score buyer with their knowledge. It is done every day. If they are late making a payment( a few days ) a warning bell goes off. If they haven't made a payment after 10 days or so, the vehicle will not start after the next time it is shut down. Vehicles are never shut down while it is in operation or even running. It only takes effect after the vehicle is shut down.

Hope that helps. Not new technology!! Not big brother, just lenders wanting to be paid as agreed.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Nice find!

I wonder, would it be fair to say that since we, the tax-payers, are unhappy about the fiscal performance of our congress and senate, we should have a device that turns off their checking accounts?

This sword cuts both ways.

If my car is unsatisfactory or I am in contention with them about a quality issue or repair, can I turn off their dealership?

Oh wait, that's right, we're just 'little consumers' who need to be herded and corralled and 'kept in fiscal line.'

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by dakota1s2

So your saying that you trust completely, this electronic measure to work perfectly and NOT cause you to be 'hamburger on the highway' if it malfunctions? I don't. It was not factory installed and not considered in any warruntee I'm willing to bet. If it's a used car, then maybe they have some leeway, but if they try this with new cars its going to be lawsuit heaven for the barristers in the country. This is 'Big Brother' and just plain wrong. I'm fortunate that I am not one who has to put up with this, but I assure you I meant what I said about the pile of burnt metal!!

Zindo

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Nice find!

If my car is unsatisfactory or I am in contention with them about a quality issue or repair, can I turn off their dealership?

No big deal. If you can get them to put that in the contract between you and the dealership when you agree to pay for the car over the course of however long.. that is, until you actually OWN the car (after paying for it, that is). Once you actually OWN the car, you'll find that your CONTRACT is now NULL and VOID, as the CAR has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE DEALERSHIP unless it is under a WARRANTY.

People seem to miss the point entirely about the reality of loans.

You don't own anything that you are making payments on.

The person/entity you are getting the loan from does, which is usually a bank or an auto dealership.

Grow up. They are doing YOU a FAVOR by letting you, the FOOLISH consumer, USE things THAT YOU CAN NOT AFFORD because you feel that you must fit in with the rest of the idiots who finance the things their FINANCIERS ARE LETTING THEM USE until they actually own them.

If they want to turn off THEIR CAR, because you haven't been living up to your agreement, then they can do it by all means.

It's no secret, and it's no conspiracy (although there are certain individuals out there who are so far DETACHED from reality... (i.e. they truly believe they own their 5x mortgaged home) that when they read about not owning things they finance, they believe it was some horrible conspiracy that was pulled over their eyes.

... turns out, they were just borderline retarded.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The remote control satellite devices that disables cars is something that doesnt really set well with me either.

But when we look at the big picture - it gets a lil prettier and makes a bit more sense to myself. See, without these devices, no one would be able to purchase a car at this time in our economy because changes are: we have more going OUT than coming IN. If that's the case, one WILL NOT get a car loan. Especially these days.

Knowing this, that the devices allow for people whom would not ordinarily be approved for a new/pre-owned car, makes this a blessing for some.

The device makes me feel good about it (for now) because at least because of them - more people are able to buy at this horrid time in our economic history. Because of these devices - more individuals are approved for loans - adding to the economy. That is why I am not completely against the devices. I actually support them. After all - pay your bills and it isnt an issue. If you dont pay your phone bill - your phone doesnt work. Why - if you didnt pay your car payment should your car be any different?

That being said, if not for the reasons I listed above, I too would be 100% against the devices. But because of the GOOD that comes from them... I support the use of the devices.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
MaxMars:

The contract for payment is with the lender, not the dealership. As the previous poster said, you don't own the vehicle until you make all the payments. You really don't even own it after that--the state does. If you don't pay taxes or buy tags or whatever.... Also if you notice you only get a certtificate of title when you pay it off. The State still holds the original Manufactor's MSO. Now that's a conspiracy.........

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Funny we can't do the same thing about bank or auto company loans. They keep screwing up- banks say they need bonuses to keep their yachts and third homes, major automakers say they can't build electric cars or even solar panel cells "just yet"
, but we can't put a brake on the growing bailouts because they have us by the testicles, and they know it.

We HAVE to pay, otherwise they crack down on us.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I hope every bank and loan institution goes broke! Maybe then the people will stand up and fight for themselves. Until then, there will be those of us who are trying to show others what's happening and wake them up to "what's really happening"! This thread here is a wonderful example about how the nwo is working. They have people more worried about their cars shutting off than being worried about what's really happening and who's causing it all to happen! What's it gonna take for all of us to wake up? Having all our cars turned off? Having NO groceries on the shelf to purchase? Having all our homes foreclosed on? Not having a job because Obama just legalized 12 million mexicans and are now allowing mexican trucks back into the usa? How much more will americans tolerate before they say "ENOUGH"? Right now, Obama is working on gun confiscation, growing your own garden(HR875), the give act HR1388(it's already passed), and is working on a global, and yes I said a "global" currency! Your car should be the least of your worries at this present time! But people won't do anything until it affects them, will they?

new topics

top topics

join