It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fallujah Uprising and Those Missing WMD

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
A wise older friend of mine at work came over and asks me, "So, does it seem to you like Rumsfeld is doing the very worst things in Iraq he could possibly do, or is it just me?"

I thought about that for a moment and said, "You know, I think you're definitely on to something."

And he was without realizing it. First Bremer shuts down Sadr's little paper (circ. 10,000) enraging his followers and making him a bonafide hero. He went from being a marginal figure to a heroic figure and leader of masses. (Dumb, dumb, dumb the thinking person would say.)

Then, after the four contract workers were mutilated our military goes into Fallujah and kills an ungodly number of people - many innocents included - to exact punishment. This has only further inflamed the people of Iraq - across the board. Escalation is not the answer, but are our leaders truly looking for a solution? Not in this case, I suggest.

I suggest this whole bloody affair was planned/instigated by Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz to divert attention away from the south of Iraq and the planting of banned missiles etc.

If they suddenly appear in the southern Iraq sand like the Migs, just remember you heard it here first.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I am very aware of what you are saying but what is the point with fallujah, what is so important about it and how they are going to plant wods without somebody finding out?

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I am very aware of what you are saying but what is the point with fallujah, what is so important about it and how they are going to plant wods without somebody finding out?

There is so much chaos and violence going on surrounding the Fallujah uprising that all eyes are on it. Look away at what is not being covered.

Reports have surfaced, based on supposed eye-witness accounts, that the Americans are covertly moving certain containers into southern Iraq.

New Reports on U.S. Planting WMDs in Iraq

BASRA -– Fifty days after the first reports that the U.S. forces were unloading weapons of mass destruction (WMD) in southern Iraq, new reports about the movement of these weapons have been disclosed.

Sources in Iraq speculate that occupation forces are using the recent unrest in Iraq to divert attention from their surreptitious shipments of WMD into the country.

An Iraqi source close to the Basra Governor’s Office told the MNA that new information shows that a large part of the WMD, which was secretly brought to southern and western Iraq over the past month, are in containers falsely labeled as containers of the Maeresk shipping company and some consignments bearing the labels of organizations such as the Red Cross or the USAID in order to disguise them as relief shipments.
www.commondreams.org...

NOTE: Although this article originally appeared in the Iranian press, it is highly doubtful Commondreams would have published it on their site if it was without merit.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
The article is very convincing but It is going to take validity away from their plan, I have to agree that now that the president deals with the saudis and the oil production was exposed they will used something else for the political campaign, but planting mwds is extreme my husband said that right before the election bush is going to captured binladen so be the hero and win the elections.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Yes, that too could happen. No one would be surprised.

These people running the show will do anything they can get away with doing to further their agenda.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I guess this would likewise fall into the category of:
"Bin Laden has been already captured but the Bush Junta is waiting for the appropriate opportunity, you know....that long awaited and long anticipated 'October Surprise', to bring him forth as 'just captured'"?

And this.....:

The source, who spoke on condition of anonymity....

......would equate to this, maybe?

"A reliable source in Iraq, speaking on condition of anonymity, indicates that US military forces are unloading multiple 'unmarked' containers of parts for the purpose of constructing long-range missiles and weapons of mass destruction (WMD) in southern Iraq!"

Surprising that Kerry isn't off and running with this bit of "merited" information:
"George Bush is hiding WMDs in Iraq!"

Whats even more hilarious is that this bit of "merited" news will probably make this year's: The Top 10 Most Censored News Stories of 2004......

seekerof

[Edited on 23-4-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I've said it before, but there won't be any planting of WMD in this late hour. It would raise too many questions as to how suddenly WMD were found despite previous statements made by WMD inspectors over the last year including David Kay's comments.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Heelstone, you're giving this administration way too much credit.

They've proven beyond a shadow of a doubt how completely f-ing stupid they are. And how lying is their forte. I wouldn't put anything past this bunch.

We shall see. If they never materialize, I will be happy to acknowledge I was wrong. If I'm right, tho...

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Well, it seems clear to me that the governmenet is taking a "blameless" route as to why WMD were not found. Every effort has been made to make the current presidential administration seem like they believed intelligence reports and that intelligence cannot be blamed due to being given poor budgets to do their duty. This is all despite a lot of evidence to the contrary.

The notion that Saddam was a master of bluffing is also being used to the nth degree. So the blame will continue to lay upon Saddam and that the invasion was justified.

[Edited on 24-4-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   
If any of the WMD WE GAVE Saddam do appear, it will be because they have been planted. Pure and simple.

Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld et. al should be IMPEACHED!

Getting away with murder (literally): Presidential lying, journalistic malfeasance, and the manipulation of public opinion

Robert Jensen
School of Journalism
University of Texas
Austin, TX 78712
work: (512) 471-1990
fax: (512) 471-7979
rjensen@uts.cc.utexas.edu

copyright Robert Jensen 2004

[a talk given to “The Prospect of Presidential Rhetoric” conference, held in the George Bush Presidential Library Center at Texas A&M University, March 6, 2004]

by Robert Jensen

Because these days George W. Bush has become such a polarizing figure -- folks seem to either love him or hate him -- I will avoid subjective comments about the president or any political personalities, Republican, Democrat, or Other. I will avoid tendentious claims and formulate arguments in their most conservative form, looking for points on which there can be the widest possible agreement. I want this to be a big-tent kind of talk. I will stick to uncontroversial facts and relatively uncontroversial interpretations on which there is a broad consensus around the world. From those, I will make two arguments, one about the Iraq War and another about journalists’ performance (focusing on the period before the war).

Argument #1: George W. Bush and other top U.S. leaders involved in planning and executing the 2003 U.S. invasion of Iraq are guilty of crimes against peace, and;

Argument #2: The mainstream commercial U.S. news media was professionally negligent and therefore complicit in those crimes. By abandoning their role as an independent, critical force, journalists helped shape U.S. public opinion in a way that allowed the Bush administration, with significant support among Democrats, to conduct the war without serious challenge domestically.
uts.cc.utexas.edu...

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
This is a sore topic, I'm sure, with all the little angry NEO Cons who know their time is short, which of you sychophants scored my thread down? Got the balls to step up and state why? I won't hold my breath.

new topics

top topics

join