It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar tsunami data will predict Earth havoc

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Solar tsunami data will predict Earth havoc

edition.cnn.com

NASA scientists say new data provided by twin spacecraft analyzing the sun will help them more accurately predict how so-called solar tsunamis wreak havoc on our planet.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I think people are starting to realie that the Sun is a bigger threat, it can not only wreck havoc to electrical devices but a storm strong enough can bring us back to the stone age. With the solar maximum coming in 2012 and the mayan prophecies of a new era and having their calendar and worships linked to the Sun is quite worrying times we are approaching.

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I came here to post two things.

Firstly, damn you're hot! (If that's you in the pic!)

And there is another thread about this here, sorry
Well I guess it doesn't matter if we have two threads, whatever

[edit on 15/4/09 by dmorgan]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by dmorgan
I came here to post two things.

Firstly, damn you're hot! (If that's you in the pic!)

And there is another thread about this here, sorry
Well I guess it doesn't matter if we have two threads, whatever

[edit on 15/4/09 by dmorgan]

Now go say 10 hell marys for what you just did

and yep sun can do us over big time, Most power stations in the world run of GPS no GPS = No power

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle

I think people are starting to realie that the Sun is a bigger threat, it can not only wreck havoc to electrical devices but a storm strong enough can bring us back to the stone age.
With the solar maximum coming in 2012 and the mayan prophecies of a new era and having their calendar and worships linked to the Sun is quite worrying times we are approaching.

Whether the 6 thousand year limit to mankinds domination of planet Earth
comes via an overly energetic Sun...
or a 6k light year distant star we call WR-104 going into a GammaRayExplosion...

the end result is that some Cosmic Force,
much bigger than us will be our undoing,
whether we pray & follow god or not !
Amen

[edit on 15-4-2009 by St Udio]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

Originally posted by TheOracle

I think people are starting to realie that the Sun is a bigger threat, it can not only wreck havoc to electrical devices but a storm strong enough can bring us back to the stone age.
With the solar maximum coming in 2012 and the mayan prophecies of a new era and having their calendar and worships linked to the Sun is quite worrying times we are approaching.

Whether the 6 thousand year limit to mankinds domination of planet Earth
comes via an overly energetic Sun...
or a 6k light year distant star we call WR-104 going into a GammaRayExplosion...

the end result is that some Cosmic Force,
much bigger than us will be our undoing,
whether we pray & follow god or not !
Amen

Yup! And what are we gonna do about it? Not much. This is why I believe we are driven to find ways to leave the planet and travel through the stars. It is the tenacity of life that reclaims post volcanically scorched land or exists at light free deep sea vents. Developing new power sources and new technologies and lowering population growth if not population itself will help to limit future suffering.

Of course we could also build safe havens on Earth to escape such doom which is probably closer to happening. We need to study the impacts of solar and interstellar energy bursts and find ways to mitigate the damage. What if it is as simple as having a bunker with 2 feet of rock or brick that will help us survive?

If or when we do get hit with such a catastrophe I wonder if we will not go back to the stone age but something closer to the pre-telegraph 19th century. If it is a threat from the sun and/or space it is predicted that only the part of the Earth exposed to the threat, for the duration of the threat will be affected unless it is a catastrophe that effects the atmosphere long term or a giant impact etc. Now that we are a global community the odds of the knowledge of our civilizations surviving are much higher than in the past when such civilization and knowledge was restricted to only regions of the planet and civilizations were separated by vast distances, differences and languages.

[edit on 15-4-2009 by mandroid]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Major Ed Dames was on Coast to Coast AM on Thursday. He was in charge of the US military's remote viewing intelligence program. He is predicting that within the next five years solar activity will increase to the point that it will first destroy all electrical infrastructure and then evaporate most of the fresh water supplies ultimately killing millions. I forget his exact words but he called it something like a significant gap in societies time line.

He claims he has used his groups abilities to find the engine of Amelia Earhart's airplane which he is presently planning to recover and has predicted that North Korea is going to pop a nuke soon. So if he turns out to be right on those two accounts then I guess we have something to worry about.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Oh... so that's why the air force is digging tunnels

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/01b2dc6d0632.jpg[/atsimg]

Photo taken at Little Skull Mountain, Nevada, USA, on December 1982.

There are many rumors of secret military tunnels in the United States.
If the rumors are true, machines such as the one shown here are used to make the tunnels.
(Source: U.S. Department of Energy.)

For those interested... give Deep Underground Military Bases (DUMBS) a search.

[edit on 15-4-2009 by The All Seeing I]

top topics

join