It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China: Amazing Cold War UFO secrets released by Govt media

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Another bit of news to be taken with a pinch of salt comes from China and their very respectable, and most honorable news agency Xinhua:

According to the Xinhua article, on 19th June 1948 in the evening, military radars at Kapustin Yar picked up anomalous objects travelling in the airspace in the vicinity and sent out a warplane to track the objects. The pilot claimed to see a huge silver cigar shaped object that was too bright to look at directly. The pilot was ordered to shoot down the object and did so after a protracted dogfight. The wreckage was then transferred to the Kapustin Yar underground storage facility and examined. Alien bodies were found in the damaged craft and these are said to still be hidden somewhere in the bowels of the facility.

www.--.com...

I do think that China is going to be the new gold rush of alien sightings as they are slowly becoming the dominant superpower. A lot of interesting bits of news is sure to emerge from the sleeping giant.

Another case mentioning Kapustin Yar:

In 1989, at a military base near the nuclear test site of Kapustin Yar, members of two army units noticed a UFO which hovered for hours over the arsenal of the base. The KGB files contained the handwritten reports of the sighting. It flew over the stores of the unit and moved in the direction of the missile arsenal. When it hovered over the arsenal, a bright ray appeared on its underside.

Kapustin Yar - Russia

The above is an especially interesting case, and I for one, find it interesting that military sightings from old USSR are a lot more detailed and open that any US military sighting.

[edit on 15/4/2009 by deltaalphanovember]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Here is a link to an ATS thread with a similiar information and focusing on the Russian Roswell:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I find it amazing that in the thread above, a member called spysdaughter, who even had a high school diploma to prove her credentials that she was from the town mentioned, was completely ignored.

If the right questions had been asked, with her father being in the KGB, we could really have learned so much! I see she has not been online for 2 years.

This is a case for the ATS Press Corp!

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I think the country with the largest "gold mine" of UFO sightings is always going to always be the country with the most per capita of population with digital cameras and access to YouTube.

Currently China is pretty far off that mark.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Nick_X

There is a growing disillusionment amongst avid UFO hunters on cellphone camera and you tube video sightings. All this has done is create a huge amount of noise.

I am referring to declassified government and military documents - actual sightings and interviews with people at the top of the Military/Industrial complex pyramid.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
One thing that amazes me is there is always a military element to UFO's. ESPECIALLY nukes. And they started showing up in earnest when AND where we started testing nuclear weapons.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Why is that amazing? If your kids were building a bomb in your back yard would you want to know what they were up to or just let them have at it and worry about it after they level the block?. You would likely be worried they would destroy your house.

[edit on 15-4-2009 by Ellirium113]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
If that is true, I have to say it's not a good idea to shoot them down. I don't think that's a war we could win. That part actually makes me a little skeptical though. I would think they could have just flown away easily when the Chinese aircraft approached it.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaalphanovember
Here is a link to an ATS thread with a similiar information and focusing on the Russian Roswell:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I find it amazing that in the thread above, a member called spysdaughter, who even had a high school diploma to prove her credentials that she was from the town mentioned, was completely ignored.

If the right questions had been asked, with her father being in the KGB, we could really have learned so much! I see she has not been online for 2 years.

This is a case for the ATS Press Corp!

It was funny how someone implied she was lying when she said the base was underground. However, when you watch the youtube videos the first thing they talk about is how back engineering went on underground.

[edit on 15-4-2009 by AvidWatcher]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by AvidWatcher

I think some ATS'ers should hang their heads in shame. Even if there was some hoaxing going on, there was no attempt to even disprove her claims apart from the typical "I think you are lying so therefore you are lying" kind of comments.

We dropped the ball on this one folks.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Hello all,
there is far more openness to the UFO subject here in China than in the West and the Government appears to be rather supportive of investigation. Forget the notion the country is some backward third country with limited access to technology. I'd say there is far more camera's here than anywhere else I've been to in the world. I even did an English class on the subject and didnt receive one giggle, smirk or raised eyebrow. There are rumours that China will be the first to announce the reality of visitors to our planet. How would that make the west feel I wonder? The only problem I see (or rather dont see) is its always bloody cloudy!

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
What I dont get about that first report:

So what they are advanced enough to fly all those light years towards earth , with all the magnetic storms , radiations , etc.. but they get shot down by some conventional rocket ?

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I hope they do admit it. Someone needs to say it already. Maybe then we can grow as a species and find out what the universe is really about. Yeah, wishful thinking, I know.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Thill

I was thinking the same, in 1948, how advanced where the rockets and planes in china? And a dogfight with a UFO, it sounds a bit wierd that they would be able to win that fight. Why would the E.Ts put themselves in that situation if they had a craft that could get shot down if they got spotted/encountered by present hardware. Also got me thinking of the "battle of L.A" where a UFO got shot at by AA and took no apparent damage.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by BenDozer

Sometimes even the most advanced vessels get taken by surprise and damaged by a far inferior force. The first thing that comes to mind is the USS Cole a destroyer that tragically had a hole blown in it by some suicidal men who happened to be in a small non-military vessel.

17 sailors died that day.

It happens.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
If I'm not mistaken, Kapustin Yar is in Russia.
I think this post pertains to this thread.

Link
Link2

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by toreishi

You are not mistaken ... it confused me as well initially. I think that because China and Russia are allies, they shared a fair amount of military information including the profits from this incident (if true).
It appears that China has resolved to disclose the incident (without consent from Russia).

This is merely supposition on my behalf .. any other thoughts are welcome.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SOXMIS

China to admit about the Aliens first? Yes I go with you there. The visitors may well be from our future and if the future is going to be chinese then the visitors from the future may well be Chinese. Those greys don't half look like descendants of East Asians.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

I love China and think it's an awesome country and the people are great. I Don't care much for their Government though. But this story has more holes than Swiss cheese... Ok so let me get this straight at the height of their civil war China has a "protracted dogfight" Between an advanced Alien craft that traveled Billions of miles and is light years ahead of us in science and technology and is shot down by this?

Nanchang (NAMC) CJ-5, CJ-6A

Because if I'm not mistaken that's pretty much all they had. Not only that but they seemed be getting their rear handed to them in that civil war.
Chinese rear being handed to them

ROCAF General HQ was established in June 1946. From 1946-1948, during the Chinese Civil War, the ROCAF participated in combat against the People's Liberation Army engaging in air to air combat on at least eleven occasions in the areas surrounding the Taiwan Strait. The ROCAF reportedly enjoyed a 31:1 kill ratio against the PLA. GHQ was evacuated to Taiwan along with the rest of the ROC Government in April 1949 following the Communist victory in the Chinese Civil War. The ROCAF assisted in halting the PLA advance at the Battle of Kuningtou on Kinmen the same year.

So lets see they were getting their rear handed to them by Taiwan and then they are able to have a "Protracted Dogfight" With an advanced Alien race and shoot it down. Does this strike anybody as a bit over the top?

Now what radar was available to the Chinese in 1948? Can anybody guess?

Remember people this isn't the China of 2009 this was China of 1948 not very advanced and way behind the rest of the world. So I ask can anybody come up with some good links and an example of this supposed radar technology they had? Let's see who is the first ones to say they got it from Russia?

Because nothing was given between the two countries until Sino –Soviet Friendship Treaty of 1950

Besides anything coming out of China regarding space is highly suspect in my opinion.

[edit on 15-4-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Interesting thread, never heard about this place and now I'm glad I do.

Thought I'd just add

Kapustin Yar (Russian: Капустин Яр) is a Russian rocket launch and development site in Astrakhan Oblast, between Volgograd and Astrakhan. Known today as Znamensk (Russian: Знаменск), it was established 13 May 1946 and in the beginning used technology, material, and scientific support from the defeated Germany.

en.wikipedia.org...

I have the book, 'Hunt for Zero Point' by Nick Cook, which discuss' the possibility of Nazi's playing around with saucer technology during the second world war. Skipping ahead, when the Nazi's where defeated, the high ranking officials and scientists, seeing that they were defeated, began shifting all this tech to the allies in order to buy their freedom.

As alot of you know, Operation Paperclip was brought into full swing and the US got alot of the tech and scientists (Which in turn created/flooded the lovely NASA), the Brits got some aswell. It discuss' in the book that the Russians were also raiding different bases, attempting to grab as much as they could before it all got shipped off, they got a fair few scientist's aswell if I remember.

Just thought that it was an interesting correlation.

EMM

Edit to add:

With the further growth and development, the site became a cosmodrome, serving in this function since 1966 (with interruption in 1988-1998). The town of Znamensk was established to support the scientists working on the facilities, their families, and supporting personnel. Initially this was a secret city, not to be found on maps and inaccessible to outsiders.

Also, the last sentence seems to corroborate what Spysdaughter was saying on the other thread.

Edit to clarify:

A spaceport or cosmodrome is a site for launching spacecraft, by analogy with seaport for ships or airport for aircraft.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 15-4-2009 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

To be fair, do we even know if they shot it down? It may have just been, they shot at it and some sort of malfunction caused it too crash. I'd have to agree with you though that they could not have # it down back then, I mean imagine how resilliant this thing must be to traverse the vast distances of space, a rock the size of a grain of sand could totally mess your ship up at those speeds!

EMM

top topics

<<   2 >>

join