It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dragonball Evolution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Wow, just wow. That was a horrible movie!
The acting was bad.
The story was bad.
The ending was horrible.
Even I, who have seen most of the anime series... I could hardly follow the story.
Oh it was just horrible. It's not worth 10 bucks to go see in theaters. Wait till it's out on DVD then borrow it from a friend. Or even download it...

My eyes hurt.
A lot.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I didn't like this film either. Not only did they not stay true to the source material, but it was a poorly constructed movie. Fighting was trash, plot was trash, acting was HORRIBLE, and the special effects were poorly rendered. Anyone who hasn't seen this movie, watch it online first!

Thank goodness I got a free ticket to the film.

[edit on 16-4-2009 by Striker122]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I thought that looked like a terrible movie. And I used to love the Dragonball series. Why couldn't they just have left it as a cartoon???

Because generally when animated things are turned into live action things they usually don't turn out that well.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I'm glad this topic is here, I'll point out all the problems.

SPOILERS

First and most obvious was they pronounced chi as KEY, they got chi-chi right at least (key-key lol)

As for chichi, she just happened to be in the same class as goku and not only was he attracted to her, she was a martial artist as well and somehow knew about chi. If I remember right, they grew up as kids and that would explain it in the movie, but they never mentioned that because chichi didn't know goku was a martial artist.

The other problem. Piccolo. Imprissioned for 2000 years, somehow comes back (unexplained) and he's just got some flying ship (also unexplained).
Ok so he came back, and he was getting the dragon balls to make a wish that would resurrect his monkey minion (goku)
So he gets all the dragon balls and goku stops him making the wish, but then goku transformed anyway. So why did Piccolo get the dragon balls in the first place if Goku was going to transform anyway?

Lastly, Piccolo after defeated, was supposed to spew out a black egg which later became the piccolo half good, half bad that we knew in the series. There's still time for that in the sequal though..

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
here is a slightly altered quote from Dragon Ball Z to sum up what i thought of this movie

*Ahem*

Nappa: What does the scouter say about its suck level?

Vegeta: ITS OVER NINE THOUSAND!

what hurt me the most was no Krillin, i love that bald dude

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Yes I agree. If I missed anything, or perhaps didn't pay attention to the movie as well as I should have, feel free to correct me.

Overall rating of the movie 2/10
There were a couple of laughs and smiles, but overall had me going "what the hell"

I seriously think there's some huge conspiracy going on here. As if games weren't boring enough, movies have to be bad too? It's like they're just making simple movies to hold us off until a mass wipeout can take place. But then movie producers are civilians too and get wiped out as well.. Hmm probably just money hungry.

new topics

top topics

join