It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did ETs create dogs and cats?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
But why do house cats like human beings? I've been in so many households and literally every cat is loving and affectionate without me even giving it any attention, as are my cats at my house, they literally wait for me to get home then they start trying to claim me as their property(Not pissing but just like going around my feet a lot, we have like 4 tomcats)

i just never understood it, dogs survive in packs but cats can and are so independent, we feed our cats but i know if i didnt feed them for a week none would die, they know how to hunt even though theyve never done it due to powerful insticts, where as dogs need a pack to hunt.

I love cats though, really graceful and fluffy creatures, i always wonder what they're thinking when they stare at me, just sitting there in that weird sit they do with their stomach laying on the floor or whatever, just staring right at my eyes.

Also a serious question ive been wondering:

How do cats and dogs know what to look at when looking at a human? We human beings are taught by society that looking at each other in the face and eyes and talking to each other that way also is the correct way, but how the hell does a dog or cat know where our face is? I mean, are they aware of what a face looks like? IF so, then when they see their own reflection they realize that's another cat? or what?

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
A dog if let out though, will run away. A cat on the other hand chooses to stay.
So I say cats are more domesticated.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by zarlaan
Dogs were domesticated by humans many millennia ago.

Nope, modern thought says they were NOT domesticated by humans. In fact they probably domesticated themselves by feeding off the refuge surrounding human settlements.

Dogs came from Wolves. Wolves must be handraised before 9 days to become "tame". Every generation must be handraised at that young age as a tame wolf does NOT produce tame wolf pups.

All evidence suggests prehistoric man did not have the resources to handraise wolf pups that small (think milk and constant attention). Wolves started feeding off the trash surrounding human settlements and it became a mutually beneficial relationship because they would also warn humans of intruders.

Eventually wolves and semi-domesticated dogs separated lines, with the wolves hunting and the wolf/dog/scavengers living and breeding near humans. Their temperaments changed and their physical features changed because their lifestyles were different. The tamer "wolf/dogs" that did not fear humans got the best scraps first, so "tame" wolf/dogs developed rapidly.

[edit on 17-4-2009 by Sonya610]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Deus Ex Machina 42

I am also one of those people who cats love. Many of my cat owner friends get jealous when they state their cat is not a lap cat and then see the kitty kneading on my lap. I say to myself that Bastet has blessed me to be good with cats.

I do not know why cats like us humans. I guess they find us amusing, and fun to be with. It does not hurt that we feed them and do everything for them on a whim.

As soon as dogs figure out they are spoiled, they will start to behave like cats and demand the same treatment!

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Deus Ex Machina 42

Well from what I read years ago, the emotional center in a cats brain is very similar to ours. So cats feel things strongly. They love strongly, and get angry and cranky too! I'm a cat person myself though dogs can be very adorable, but they're more needy and I have too many kids to want anything less than an easy to look after independent but still loving pet, and that is a cat.

I think ets had a role in much of life that developed here, and there is a very real possibility that dogs and cats exist on many different planets in the universe. Theres also report of a humanoid race of lion or cat type people, which of course is possibly the tip of the iceberg, because this is reported in a region of the galaxy around us.

[edit on 18-4-2009 by mystiq]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join