It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did ETs create dogs and cats?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Studies have shown that dogs think more like people than most animals, and cats have similar brains to us.

When my cat meows, I honestly think he's trying to speak my language, or at least sound like a human.

Why, of all the countless beasts of this world, does only Kitty, Fido, and a few others choose to live with us?

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Cats and dogs where bred down by humans through wolves fox bobcats etc. The look we see today is a perfect example of micro evolution. We have humanoid cousins on this earth. If we where created by aliens I bet they used already existing earthly DNA to do it. Therefore another mammal could share a similar means of brain function...

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Why, of all the countless beasts of this world, does only Kitty, Fido, and a few others choose to live with us?

Dogs were domesticated by humans many millennia ago. They became scavengers following tribes around and humans finally learned to domesticate them through inbreeding. Cats can be argued that they've never truly been domesticated at least not like the canine has. Cats still live very much in the wild and even 'domestic' cats still have their predator instincts.

Funny thing I once heard. Dog's see humans feeding them so they think we're 'god's. Cats see us feeding them and they think they're the 'god's.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

It's probably the same for cats, but I'm a dog guy. Modern dogs show progression that coincides with diversity brought about by breeding with other sub-species. The wolf represents several sub-species from different continents and regions within the continents. There's a very good article that explains how divergent breeds were created...

Although all wolves belong to the species Canis lupus, there are (or were) many subspecies that had developed a distinctive appearance, social structure, and other traits. For example, the Japanese wolf and the Eastern Timber Wolf posses different distinctive colouration, hunting and social structures. The Indian Wolf is thought to have contributed to the development of more breeds of dogs than other subspecies. Many of today's wild dogs, such as the dingo, the dhole and pariah dogs, are descended from this wolf. The Indian wolf is also thought to have bred with descendants of the European wolf to create the Mastiffs and eventually leading to the development of such diverse breeds as the Pug, the Saint Bernard, and the Bloodhound. The Tibetan Mastiff is an example of an ancient breed.
Dog Encyclopedia

I read an anthropological article several years ago that highlighted the importance of dogs and cats to Mankind's development. I should have kept it. The basic gist, as I recall it, was that they have defined our behavior as much as we have theirs. It was a symbiotic relationship that elevated all parties to a higher step on the food pyramid. The increasingly domesticated dogs provided a warning of predators (Nocturnal) and a guide for prey (hunting). I imagine that sleeping at night became a LOT more relaxing when a dog was providing the alarm. The article probably says it better than my dodgy recollections...

It is also now generally believed that initial domestication was through mutual desire. Wild canines who scavenged around human habitations received more food than their more skittish or fearful counterparts. Canines who attacked people or their children were likely killed or driven away, while those more friendly animals survived. Canines would have been beneficial by chasing away other vermin or scavengers. With their sharp senses, they would also be valuable as an alarm against marauding predators. The relationship is theorized to have developed in this way.
Dog Ancestry

In other words I think humans, dogs and cats created each other in a symbiotic relationship that went a long way to ensuring our mutual survival. Aliens probably WISH they had dogs too

(apologies for repost...seems equally relevant)

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I doubt ET's made cats and dogs but when it comes to an indestructible Alien made probes... I'd put my money on cockroaches... there everywhere in every part of the world and have been known to get into even the most secure facilities

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
I doubt ET's made cats and dogs but when it comes to an indestructible Alien made probes... I'd put my money on cockroaches... there everywhere in every part of the world and have been known to get into even the most secure facilities

I concur! The little "darlings" are everywhere. I've been in 72 countries at least overnight and they've made some kind of appearance in every one.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I do not like cats one bit, but i love dogs. When you think about how dogs and humans have lived together for so long now, and we share a common bond. It truely is amazing.

Yep the poster is right above, that domesticating dgs probably gave humans peace of mind to goto sleep at night, knowing the dog was guarding what ever home they have.

Survival instinct, probably accounts for so much of our common bond.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare

If I were to have to choose between dogs, cats, and cockroaches.... I'd put my money on the roaches

I hate those buggers and when one shows up, it's hell to get rid of them.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Your cat is speaking to you when it meows. They only meow in the wild when they are kittens, not as adults. They know we respond to vocalizations, so cats can train us to open the door for them and feed them with a certain meow. Those furballs have us on a leash, don't they?

Dogs are the same way, as they have different barks for different things. They want to please people, and have a different bark just for you when you come home. It's nice to be wanted!

It also proves the old adage: Dogs have masters, cats have staff.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
They don't choose to live with us anymore than birds choose to live around our house in the birdhouses we provide and near the bird feeders that we place on our property.

They've just been doing it for a really, really long time. But in other parts of the world, snakes are common household pets, and in a way, so are all the insects that live off our crumbs in the summer.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko

They're the most utilitarian. We chose to modify them to help us. We could have done it with other animals, but they were the most handy. The Russians domesticated foxes as an experiment a while back. It only took them a few generations, carefully selecting those that were the most friendly to people. And the funny thing is, after they were domesticated, they ended up looking a lot like dogs!

cbsu.tc.cornell.edu...

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I imagine dogs and cats relationship to humans is based on their instinctual behavior.
Think about it, dogs are pack animals, and they pretty much follow the alpha male.
Most dogs are raised around people, and I've known several dogs that seem imprinted on humans.
The human pretty much takes on the role of the alpha.

Where as cats are more or less loners. They may be reliant on humans for food and water, but it's not in their make up to be subservient like dogs are.

Now, you get animals who fall on both sides of the rule, of course. Some dogs are very independent, and some cats are stupidly dependent.

[edit on 15-4-2009 by RuneSpider]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider

Where as cats are more or less loners. They may be reliant on humans for food and water, but it's not in their make up to be subservient like dogs are.

[edit on 15-4-2009 by RuneSpider]

I think cats love their owners though. Just because they don't have a pack mentality, doesn't mean they're selfish.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Just a little point here.

Dog and wolves are NOT separate species, contrary to what scientists want you to believe. A dog and wolf can mate, and their pups can mate with other dogs or other wolves, and produce viable offspring.

Wolves are really just feral dogs. Really, really smart feral dogs, but feral dogs nonetheless.

Take any group of dogs, turn them loose in the wilderness, and after a couple of generations, you'd have dogs that ACTED just like wolves (even if they didn't look like them.)

Alternately, you can take newly-born wolf pups, raise them as dogs, and they behave just like really smart dogs.

Edit to add: I forgot to address the main point. LOL

I don't think ETs did it, but I DO believe that God created Dogs specifically to be a helper to man. Partial proof: Can you name ANY other predator that can be trained to GUARD it's prey, instead of eating it?

[edit on 15-4-2009 by sir_chancealot]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

Hawks can be trained to capture prey without harming it, and are naturally defensive of their prey.
I know bears and tigers can be trained pretty well, and ponies and pigs have been found to make better seeing eye pets and cleaner animals (respectively) than dogs.

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
I think cats love their owners though. Just because they don't have a pack mentality, doesn't mean they're selfish.

Never said they didn't, just dogs tend to be more affectionate.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

"Never said they didn't, just dogs tend to be more affectionate. "

You should be "lucky" enough to have a Chartreux decide you're his special human. As Cat Fancy said, "Enjoy your new shadow."

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Dogs and cats evolved from more wild creatures like the wolf or a giant cat. I believe those creatures evolved from one of those furry animals (can't remember what they're called) back waaay before we were even apes. We would need a really big explanation as to how aliens brought dogs and cats to Earth before we can actually accept it as a fact.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

The only reason cats live with humans is they like us. They do not need humans to survive as they are nature's perfect predator. One out of three pounces is successful, which is quite high in nature.

Dogs work as a pack, or they would starve to death. The natural condition for them to have a pack leader made them quite easy to domesticate. I am a top dog to my "wolf".

I really do not think ET had anything to do with cats and dogs, although mine can act really goofy and make me wonder sometimes.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
i dont know about the ET part but i honestly feel that Cats and maybe dogs can see ghosts or spirits.

i read something once that said they are like toddlers they live in both the physical and spiritual realms.

[edit on 16-4-2009 by Mek-Tech]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I can't resist sending a link to this picture. I'm not sure what role they played increating dogs and cats, but I do see they have a role in genesis, that is creating an entire planets ecostructure and making it rich in life forms. This is one of the things I believe ets do.
But I do love this picture.

marsanomalyresearch.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join