It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science + Religion equals good marketing!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
This is just a theory of mine about the modern state of "science vs. religion."

Everyone has heard of science vs. religion.

Science has given us the internet, printing press, refrigeration, weather channel, toothpaste, CDs and public radio, telephones, widespread communication and travel methods, lightbulbs, etc etc etc. As a lifeform, humans can live without most of our complex modern technology. But science also leads to increasing technology, and technology can be either harmful or beneficial, depending on who uses it and how they use it. Along with technological and scientific progression comes more widespread knowledge and awareness of the reality of biology, psychology, ecology, astronomy, economy, etc.

Religions has given us wars, corrupt control of morals and ideals, and disinformation and regression of scientific progress.

Everyone knows Christianity is corrupt and the Vatican spews out plenty of hatred and backwards ideas. It's also big business.

Scientology is the same way except it's a more pseudo-scientific, technological, modern creation.

Scientology is very well-funded, and may well be a model for the new world order belief-system our 'leaders' will try to implement.

Christianity has been twisted and perverted to benefit those in power. It is aging, and there is so much science and modern knowledge to refute so much of their traditional doctrine. It was based on crap like 'the earth is the center of the universe' etc etc.

Scientology (just look at the name) is the same basic premise but it allures to more of the modern science and knowledge that is common knowledge to us today. It caters to society's desire to explore the cosmos and have some connection with extra terrestrials. Look at the Scientology custom of 'brain wave' machines or whatever they like to call them... It is just taking the concept of religion and incorporating modern psychology beliefs to make it more controlling and lucrative.

Big-business religion is just that... big business. And business is psychological marketing techniques to convince the consumers for the prosperity of the corporation.

Sure, religion holds some good ideas about 'love thy neighbor' and the golden rule type stuff, but that should be common innate morality for every human being. Religion just takes these common sense morals and corrupts and twists them to the benefit of the elites.

It just seems to me that in light of modern science refuting so much traditional church doctrine, combined with the fact that scientology (very rich) and ufology and conspiracy theories are such lucrative business now (just look at Hollywood movies like Signs, E.T., 2012, The Day the Earth Stood Still, etc etc), and the fact that both industries cater to a natural human inclination to seek higher knowledge, power, connection with 'what is really out there,' that why wouldn't these two industries merge? What would the result be? Traditional religion is struggling..... aliens, ufology, 2012 stuff feeds the same psychological mouth in our brains.... why not combine them?

Seems to me a lot of the (dis)information among many of these conspiracy threads are melding the two doctrines, and with the prevalence of globalization and corporation, I think i can see where this is heading.

And unfortunately I see the push of marketing trends and public awareness in an anti-science, pro-pseudo-science direction.

With technology comes great potential, but it looks like it has brought and is bringing great laziness (in individuality, self-sufficiency, and more) and dependence on the technology.

Beware of the upcoming 'anti-hate' laws.... if I had posted this thread a few years in the future I would probably go to prison.

[edit on 15-4-2009 by ELFowl]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Excellent thesis! One very important thing you left out, and that was what Jesus taught, which was, he (jesus), was sent here to establish a relationship between God and man, not religion. "Man" established religion, and this was done by the apostle "Paul", and that's recorded biblical history. The next thing here for rebuttal is the fact that when adam and eve sinned, God established the curse of "free will" on mankind until he(God) sent his son to die for our sins and then will send him(Jesus) back again for the saints at a later date and time. This is also recorded biblical history. Now, you say religion has caused wars and other such atrocities? Yes, religion has caused just that, but it was "man" that created religion, not "God". Man is using his free-will, with the support of satan, to drive the flesh (sinful man) into oblivion. When God has had enough of this, he will send in the calvary (Jesus), and the trash will be taken out. The final conclusion here is that everything you posted, has been caused by man, and not God! There is "NO" such thing as religion, man created that also!

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by thewind
Excellent thesis! One very important thing you left out, and that was what Jesus taught, which was, he (jesus), was sent here to establish a relationship between God and man, not religion. "Man" established religion, and this was done by the apostle "Paul", and that's recorded biblical history. The next thing here for rebuttal is the fact that when adam and eve sinned, God established the curse of "free will" on mankind until he(God) sent his son to die for our sins and then will send him(Jesus) back again for the saints at a later date and time. This is also recorded biblical history. Now, you say religion has caused wars and other such atrocities? Yes, religion has caused just that, but it was "man" that created religion, not "God". Man is using his free-will, with the support of satan, to drive the flesh (sinful man) into oblivion. When God has had enough of this, he will send in the calvary (Jesus), and the trash will be taken out. The final conclusion here is that everything you posted, has been caused by man, and not God! There is "NO" such thing as religion, man created that also!

"Now, you say religion has caused wars and other such atrocities? Yes, religion has caused just that, but it was "man" that created religion, not "God"."

I did not mention or blame god a single time in my original post. My post is about humans.

"The final conclusion here is that everything you posted, has been caused by man, and not God!"

Yes, I completely agree. Again, I did not mention god a single time in my post.

"There is "NO" such thing as religion, man created that also!"

Are you serious? Man created the lightbulb. So there's no such thing as a lightbulb?

Your reply to my original post is completely ludicrous and I feel insulted.

join