It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate Bill Maher. But he made one good point.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   

I am definitely someone who seriously dislikes him, I have for a long time. But he makes a good point in the video. Terrorism shouldn't rule any of our lives.

Even if you attribute all 3000 deaths on 911 to terrorists (which you cant), the total number of deaths to terrorists is so minor in the last 50 years that the statistic is practically non existent if you speak in percentage to other causes of death.

Renal Failure causes more deaths than 911 did every year, and yet we dont see RENAL FAILURE plastered on MSM, or trillions spent to fight it. I hope everyone can seriously understand the point here, and quit using the word terrorist and terrorism. Every single time people go out into the world and use those words in communication with fellow man, they are perpetuating the lie. Please stop.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
So, what threshold do you and that arrogant prick think is significant? Since you are playing God, how many lives "matter"?

Terrorism on any level is intolerable. His arugment is about what a high school senior would use in debate class. "Well, more people die from _______ and you don't see THAT on the news every day".

Nice try though.

[edit on 15-4-2009 by djdave2010]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by djdave2010
So, what threshold do you and that arrogant prick think is significant? Since you are playing God, how many lives "matter"?

Terrorism on any level is intolerable. His arugment is about what a high school senior would use in debate class. "Well, more people die from _______ and you don't see THAT on the news every day".

Nice try though.

[edit on 15-4-2009 by djdave2010]

Hahah ahhhh its a 911 official story believer! Run for the ignorance hills!

And shouldn't you practice what you preach? When was the last time you did something for renal failure awareness? 3600 people a year go to that. More than 911.

Have you thought about them?

What about the deaths to cardiovascular disease, or 100's of other ailments that claim exponentially larger amounts of lives than terrorists EVEN IF YOU INCLUDE 911!

So what number matters to you?

[edit on 15-4-2009 by king9072]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by king9072

How much money is being made by letting the "threat" of terror dictate how we live our lives? How much power is being gained by this?

Now apply the same questions to renal failure.

It isn't about terrorism. At least not the kind of terrorism that they are shoving down our throats.

img245.imageshack.us...

[edit on 15-4-2009 by Karlhungis]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
The real terrorists are the US Government who allowed these crazy people to kill thousands of Americans.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
The biggest thing anyone should be scared of are the government and police. They must kill the most out of any group.

Wait until the government is into every aspect of your life and you will see what i mean.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
The biggest thing anyone should be scared of are the government and police. They must kill the most out of any group.

Wait until the government is into every aspect of your life and you will see what i mean.

Like I said ... they are the terrorists! Al-Qaeda are just their cronies.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I love Bill Maher. He's a smart guy.

I honestly think terrorism is just a scare tactic put in place by the government. I do. I never used to think that, but it's a stupid word to use... "terrorist, terrorism".

They used to have different words for it, but it's still the same thing, right?

new topics

top topics

join