It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

deja vu dreams

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
ive had semi physic dreams.
its weird and it cool.
i can have a dream about something and then it happens within a year.
ill have dreams about going somewhere or meeting someone or about something happening.
sometimes i get dreams about a really bad thing happing and ill like froget them and then all of a sudden it comes back to me and everything happens in my dream except the bad things most of the time.
i get super scared and get paralyzed with fear.
example of one
in my dreams ive dreamt about getting killed.
ill remember the smallest things like ill drop something and then see someone.
or be watching tv and then a i drop a remote in exactly the same place as in my dream.
what would this be?!

thanks,mike

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mercenarydrebin

Best thing to do is write down your dreams immediately and find some way to verify the event when it comes to pass, also try to make sure you're not predicting something mundane or completely routine or that you aren't inadvertently making the dreams come true, like a self-fulfilled prophecy (which is what tends to happen with horoscopes and other silliness)

I'm rather skeptical about predicting the future in any capacity but if you could somehow verify the accuracy of said dreams...

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I used to have that happen to me all the time years ago. its very strange; but cool as all get out at the same time. try and embrace if possible.
try eating a bannana about 5 minutes before you goto sleep. its gives me childhood nightmares that scare the crap out of me. pretty cool.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
This happens to me all the time. But they are dreams that you dont really remember, until the event happens and your like..."woah"...i remember this dream.

I never dream about bad things though, just everyday things -- but the situation is different enough for it to stick in your memory. And then within 6 months or so it all unravels and its a mind#.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by epitaph.one
This happens to me all the time. But they are dreams that you dont really remember, until the event happens and your like..."woah"...i remember this dream.

I never dream about bad things though, just everyday things -- but the situation is different enough for it to stick in your memory. And then within 6 months or so it all unravels and its a mind#.

I have the same experiences, pretty much the same as what epitaph.one said in the above quote. Its never anything scary, paranormal, or supernatural, it just ends up being some every day scenario.

You tend to vividly remember them, but push them to the back of your mind until the event actually happens anywhere from weeks to months later.

While I would consider myself to be agnostic, even borderline-atheist, this particular phenomena definitely raises some questions for me.

If anyone has and information or theories about what causes this, I would be more than interested in it.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I have had dreams like that, all of my life. But I also have read books and its deja vu I know I have read the book before word for word even though I have never read it before. I know exactly what is going to happen next and what the next few paragraphs will say word for word.

When I was expecting my daughter Angelica, I was going to have my tubes tied. Every night I dreamed about my husband with the baby and my son and I would see them together and I couldnt reach them no matter how much I tried. Then one night I looked down and I saw myself lying beside of the car dead. I woke and knew that if I had the operation I would die.

I never had the operation. The dreams went away. and things went fine. I later on had another child and had my operation and never had any bad dreams about it. I did however die on the operating table and they brought me back. That made the 3rd time I had died and been brought back in my life time.

Not sure if that is why I get dejavu so much or not but it may be. I died when I was a year old and they brought me back. That was after 30 minutes. I then died when I was 13 years old, and they brought me back again. That was after 45 minutes.

My husband was brought back 2 times from death. But people say he is suppose to be dead since he was legally dead for 6 hours the first time. The second time it was 50 minutes.

new topics

top topics

join