It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't see it so it must not exist.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Is anyone else kind of peeved off from this line of reasoning? People say oh the world government does not exist because I don't think it does and the political elites are never going to do it. But they ignore all the facts and think that such things are just mere silliness. Hard core skeptics will ignore any conspiracy theory naming them as just superstitious. I’ve been saying over and over that the new world order will come and people will accept it and people will have been brainwashed into accepting it. Yet, people have criticized my ideas time and time again because they can’t believe it. I can’t compare the Democrats to the Nazi party because people would find it offensive… although I’ve thought about similar comparisons with Bush and the Republicans. I’m sick of people with this mindset. Do research yourself. The people that constantly need to see things in front of them for them to know something is real will be the last ones to wake up. Is anyone else tired of running into these kinds of close minded people?

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Well, I don't think any civilian is going to "certainly accept it", at best they'll just stop being ignorant.

=O

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Let the ignorant be ignorant.

The hardcore skeptics you speak of that call, "us" supersticious, are the same ones, that when they accidently spill salt, quickly put some in their hand throw it over the opposite shoulder to keep satan away.

The only I ask to be infront of me Is a Divine Being. Aliens, well they've come close enough. NWO, i've seen it thrown around news stations, politicians mouths, to just consider it a blatant ignorance to presume it's not real.

I mean really, clearly it's going on.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
That is what is going on, it is being hammered down on us and all whilst we are arguing if it exist or not, plain silly.

That is why one should allways take the worst case senario First, then research your way down as the 'evidence' will not be available and the suspicion goes away, rather than sitting on yer ars laughing about it and find your self as an hardCore slave, then crying dont help you much.

Better Safe than Sorry...
Same with Chemtrails, the 'dudes' there have gone to the extreme and paste chemtrail photos and tell the poor new guy that have discovered them that that is how contrails look like,he will think that is what an Contrail look like, and the '4gent' has done his job(fat bonus from the evil empire). It is dangerous imo, it is EXACTLY the same as beating your child from birth to make him/her 'custom' to it and will think it is normal to be beating every day,it IS called BrainWashing... that is how they do it.

They present the Abnormal as Normal over and over and over until the 'subject' think it is Normal. Wake Up !!!

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
This thread only came into being when this page loaded for me. I have opined and confirmed it's existence.

There has got to be a way to present ideas to skeptics that would be considered reasonable. Ways that do not challenge their view but challenge their reason.

Even science it's dogma.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Carl Sagan put it so eloquently:

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
In the absence of fact many investigators are left with what is plausible. We must first start with a theory and then dissect it into possible parts. Present the problem in parts, and allow them to build or stand on their own.

Many of the skeptics you see here aren't against certain facts as you might think. The problem is empirical data. Science itself still relies on theories for some things society accepts as fact. Scientific certainty is one huge step. To state that something is certain beyond doubt would require an undertaking few of us have the resources for. Presenting possibilities is a pathway towards coming to a conclusion.

as sir conan doyle said: When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains--however improbable--must be the truth.

So lets start by eliminating the impossibles.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
Is anyone else kind of peeved off from this line of reasoning? People say oh the world government does not exist because I don't think it does...

My line of reasoning is this: "if it doesn't exist, it must be in 'Area 51' any classified US Government 'Black Projects'"

Does that make any sense?

Like for example, if you don't believe the devil or satan exists, he might be in 'Area 51' right now, making some officials sign contracts with 'too good to be true benefits' and 'too small to be read' fine prints!

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Is anyone else kind of peeved off from this line of reasoning? People say oh the world government does not exist because I don't think it does and the political elites are never going to do it. But they ignore all the facts and think that such things are just mere silliness. Hard core skeptics will ignore any conspiracy theory naming them as just superstitious. I’ve been saying over and over that the new world order will come and people will accept it and people will have been brainwashed into accepting it. Yet, people have criticized my ideas time and time again because they can’t believe it. I can’t compare the Democrats to the Nazi party because people would find it offensive… although I’ve thought about similar comparisons with Bush and the Republicans. I’m sick of people with this mindset. Do research yourself. The people that constantly need to see things in front of them for them to know something is real will be the last ones to wake up. Is anyone else tired of running into these kinds of close minded people?

Why are the majority of people that believe in conspiracy theories people that are mostly uneducated beyond a high school diploma?

Oh, I think I just answered my own question..

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

People say oh the world government does not exist because I don't think it does and the political elites are never going to do it. But they ignore all the facts and think that such things are just mere silliness. Hard core skeptics will ignore any conspiracy theory naming them as just superstitious.

First of all, I am (for the most part) in agreement with you. There does appear to be a huge, global source of political power that transcends national boundaries and is leading formerly free nations to behave as if they had lost their minds.

The problem is that they are largely unseen to the great mass of humanity and then also... for those who feel afflicted and abused, they may even seem as saviors. The redistribution of wealth is designed to suit those who might otherwise be opposed. It removes a large portion of potential dissent by promising them a piece of a pie that they don't have to do anything to earn except... play the game and keep quiet.

For those with the wealth, there is a fear that speaking out will cost them more than it may already. Whether through taxation or outright theft, they stand to lose as much as the opposite end of this stands to gain. Between them, there is a vacuum of silence.

The finally, there are those who see that the forced globalization appears already to be a defacto article of life. Just here in the US of A, we've seen the greater part of our industrial base flee to nations like Mexico, Brazil, India and Red China. We no longer build anything... we consume and what we consume comes mostly from those aforementioned nations that are home to what was once here.

If there were some major war to erupt, we should probably pray that it isn't with anyone more powerful than Antarctica because we probably couldn't weld enough steel in a year to build an outhouse, much less a navy.

This sad state of affairs did not happen by accident and this nation did not sit by and allow that to happen without there being some reason.

The situation is, also, highly unlikely to change given the current crop of leadership. If anything, they are firmly sewn into the hip pocket of whatever and whoever is behind it.

-R

[edit on 12-11-2009 by redoubt]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy

Why are the majority of people that believe in conspiracy theories people that are mostly uneducated beyond a high school diploma?

Oh, I think I just answered my own question..

Since you mentioned 'majority' I have to give you the benefit of doubt. I have earned my BS degree, even took post-graduate courses, and would easily be in the 6-figure salary have I been working in USA with the same job I do now...

But where I was born(a 3rd world country) and spent most of my life, **corruption** was rampant and everyone denied it.

While people are starving, Presidents in succession, bought lavish mansions and accumulated great amounts of wealth, those who opposed them died suspicious deaths.

Well that is my world so I have to conclude that evil is rampant everywhere, I treat these conspiracies highly probable though I don't believe many of them 100%. Most common conspiracies parallel that of what we've experienced for real which is rooted in human greed for power and wealth.

I also lived long enough in USA and other 1st world countries to understand the point of view of people who don't believe in conspiracies or would not want to believe in one because they had such good lives and not wanting to think it could be over in an instant or some pre-meditated calamity.

Too much blessings can sometimes be bad as it can blind you to things we also need to pay attention to

[edit on 12-11-2009 by ahnggk]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

Starred your post, friend. You bring up many great points.

Not to make light of the plight of your part of the world, but might I ask if any of your former presidents happen to be lizardmen?

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

There are many afoot, but do not worry, they will learn in their own time

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I am not condoning that something doesn't exist without evidence but you do have to appreciate the wariness of some. Here is a guy who comes in saying chemtrails! Aliens! Reptilians!

Oh wait I don't have any good pictures but you should accept my extremely blurry 3 dots in the sky. If they are making the charge there should be some evidence. Now if I see their evidence and don't believe it...well that is my right but I gotta say alot of the evidence that exists here is sketchy at best. It's alot of "I believe it so it must be true" and such

Now there are some things here that make you think...but IMO there isn't much

-Kyo

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
It is better to state that what you DO see does NOT exist!

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
This sounds familiar to a conspiracy rule for one researcher.
If there is reason to think an event fits the theory and there
are piles of popular rhetoric against your idea then you might be
right.

Also the disappearance of ideas similar to yours creates the
absence of data more conclusive that you are right.

These work well with age old disappearance and sudden
deaths such as Hitler, Patton , Forestall and Tesla seemingly
unrelated but yet can be tied if tried.

Now "I don't see it so it must not exist" works well with agents
to deny the UFO. If an observation or photo can be dismissed
(you didn't see it) then the possibility of any such craft can be
dismissed (the UFO does not exist).

So "I don't see it so it must not exist" or "you don't see it,
as agents change your mind, so it must not exist" occurs
all over the net.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

know what frank...

I've watched you come from investigative skeptic naysayer to popular ideas thrown around in the conspiracy scene...

to an aware individual that's really seeing everything going on.

I applaud your effort to liberate your mind, and am kind of proud of what you've done to educate yourself.

cheers
s + f because of my observations of your growth.

I do think that the 5 senses are not enough to glean the full picture.
most people rely on these.
it's a prison for the mind... and only eyes to see uncover the truth.

and not to get TOO esoteric on you ... but..
the 6th sense is a literal screen of byssus threading that is the tabernacle of the ark of the covenant ....(morgellons) or .. KUNDALINI CHRISTNING...
you'll see what i mean someday.

the 6th sense will completely floor the type of mentality you're describing people having. .. and with it.. everything you and people here have been uncovering.. will be in plain daylight to witness.

-

top topics

join