It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recession fueling right-wing extremism, U.S. says

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I just read an article about this and it is including veterans, as a terrorist risk as well as groups that oppose abortion and immigration.

So, if you think that existing laws about immigration should be enforced, which includes 60-70% of the voters, you are now considered an extremist.

This is very disconcerting.

I thought that citizens of the US were allowed freedom of political speech.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Quite interesting. I was thinking of adding a foldable stock and pistol grip to my mossberg. I also want a synthetic stock on my SKS with a scope and bipod. And then I'll just leave my .357 magnum like it is.

Well I'm not giving up my arsenal just yet since I can effectively take out an entire army with my 30 round magazine and my 12 gauge.

This is the state in which we have arrived. They can have my arsenal when they pry it from my cold dead fingers!

You pointed out a good way in which information is tweaked.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Quite the interesting thread. From all that I've read, here's my conclusion. One, Government is a failure. Second, trying to stop it with any means peaceful wont get you anywheres. Third, a violent approach will single you out as a terrorist [and possibly get you arrested or killed ]. Third, Hoarding supplies to survive [ that includes guns and ammo ] from an imminent citizens revolt still catagorizes you as a"Doomsday" type survival nut and will attract the attention of government authorities. OK, so where do we "Armchair-Internet " warriors go from here?

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot

While I agree pretty much with the rest of your post, this statement is incorrect.

The reason those rights are considered "inalienable" is because they were said by the forefathers to be GIVEN BY GOD.

Inalienable: incapable of being alienated, surrendered, or transferred

How was my statement incorrect?...

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

www.ushistory.org...

I never said the forefathers did not mention the Creator, but it was them who fought to give us these rights.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by earlywatcher

They better fear veterans.

They damned for certain better fear combat veterans, as nothing will piss off a good man who has sworn an oath to the Constitution, and laid it all out on the line - his very life - his very existence - just for some swishy-tailed pinko liberals to chunk it all down the drain?

I personally find this report by the DHS very offensive, and offensive in so many ways. They lump white supremists with veterans, with Tim McVeigh, with gun owners, with potential homeland terrorists. Read: counter liberals. If you aren't embracing the Annointed One and Nancy Pelosi, then you're an enemy of theirs.

As far as gun ownership and ammo purchases?

Exactly what do these idiots think the Second Amendment was all about? Squirrel hunting?

It was to enable the citizens to shuck any government that violated the Constitution.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
I just read an article about this and it is including veterans, as a terrorist risk as well as groups that oppose abortion and immigration.

And the pendulum swings...

Under a Republican, anti-war groups, environmentalists, and liberal journalists are terrorists.

Under a Democrat it's anti-abortion groups, anti-immigration groups and veterans.

I think the right is freaking out now because the apparatus they assembled (DHS) is now turning it's evil eye on them - in the exact same way it was trained on a lot of left-leaning organizations and individuals for the last 8 years. If only the same people that are freaking out now were freaking out then, they'd be easier to take seriously. See, that's the problem with these big state-run security agencies; they're great, as long as you're the one holding the leash.

Ahh well, the left survived Bush. The right will survive Obama.

And the pendulum swings...

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
My reply to another post on the same topic:

This is truly frightening. Are these people oblivious to the fact that this is a witch hunt, pure and simple? Do they honestly believe they're doing the right thing? I've said it before and i'll say it again: fear obama. He's up to something. You don't just go around reenacting the Salem Witch Trials unless you're about to cause a whole lot of dissent. TheAssociate

In addition, what could 'they' possibly be cooking up to necessitate said witch hunt? Are they going to make a run for our guns? Martial law? any ideas?

TheAssociate

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
they hace been saying for days now in the NY times on the MSN tv that anyone who disagrees with what congress and the administaration are extremist.

It truely sickens me i totally disagree with most of what bush and so far obama and both congresses have done. Im no extremist but i sent probably 50 tea-tags to washington.

If you have an opinion. . . YOUR ON THE LIST MAN YOUR ON THE LIST

(insert explitive) the MSN and the Political spin machine

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this MB. I agree with some here that have said that this started in the Bush administration. I go one step further. I think this is more proof that we don't have a two party system. We have a shadow government with a long range, worldwide agenda that gets plenty of discussion on this site. This is also why the Ralph Naders and Bob Barrs have been reduced to punch lines. I compare this systematic erosion of our privacy and individual rights to a wrestling tag-team match where we're being held down by one thug while the other drops on us from the top rope.

My contention is that the match is just starting. We will be governed once again by an out of control Republican administration following Obama. Note that I said "Republican" and not conservative. The current Republicans are anything but conservative in their actions and policies as evidenced by the eight years of Bush Jr. My opinion is that Obama will only serve one term. That is why we see him rapidly replacing the Bush Doctrine with the Soros Doctrine. Soros is widely suspected as the primary source of funding for the Obama candidacy.

"I have made rejection of the Bush doctrine the central project of my life."
- George Soros, Wall Street Journal; March 3, 2004

And don't for a moment think that the Bushes and Soros are not on the same team. The rhetoric and bickering allows both sides to rob us blind. Consider that we've heard that both Warren Buffett and Bill Gates, both liberal backers, lost huge sums in the current recession. There is no such news regarding Soros or the Bushes for that matter.

So, we have this flurry of executive orders, bailouts and controversial appointments that challenge the Bush cabinet for most unsettling, unqualified and un-American. Why so much, so soon? That's how you choke out the middle class as though were in an MMA fight. The economy will not be allowed to recover. "We the sheeple" will be begging for an alternative in four years, almost anyone will do and we'll wind up with a tyrant.

I would like to throw out two improbable but possible scenarios. My favorite off-the-wall theory is "President Schwarzenegger". The fact that he was not born in the US will not stand in his way, we’ll have only shreds of the Constitution left at that point. Arnold is positioning himself as a "moderate Republican" and if you have noticed has been an avid Obama supporter as evidenced on Meet the Press. He is also sopping up the stimulus funds from Obama. Check out the Gubernator’s website and judge for yourself whether he is positioning for a presidential candidacy. Does “married to the Kennedys” ring a conspiratorial bell with anyone?

Arnold's Place

If that doesn’t grab you, how about swinging the political gate hard right to keep us in a maelstrom of shifting policies. I’m thinking the “surge” worked just well enough to allow David Petraeus to run against Obama. Somebody’s got a website up and running for the general.

GDP

General David Petraeus, GDP, nice coincidence, eh? An interesting tidbit I found on whois was that this site was registered on September 11, 2007. Ooooooooooo!!! This guy would be the perfect NWO tyrant to follow Hope and Change Barry. But I digress...

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Avenginggecko

The probability that someone is an extremist, or will become an extremist is not any greater because a person stockpiles weapons or ammo, extremism has nothing to do with how many weapons you may or may not have, but rather with your frame of mind.

The right wing extremist label has become more popular now because people are fed up with what's going on in this country and are now voicing their opinions and concerns more often than not, and by labeling anyone that seems to be against anything the government is doing it makes it that much easier for them to say these people are a threat and have legitimate reason to target them.

When i say that it seems as though anyone that believes in the constitution of these United States and the core beliefs that founded this country are all too quickly labeled as "right wing extremist" lately that is exactly what i mean, no more, no less. I in no way implied that my beliefs were the only constitutionally valid beliefs. And by the way i don't believe that my beliefs fall solely on the right, my son quite often calls me a tree hugger, If anything i'm probably more of a libertarian.

A government that attempts to systematically strip it's citizens of their constitutional rights, and the country of it's core fundemental beliefs is anti-American. If you don't believe that big government is anti-American that is your right, however this country was not designed to be controlled by one big government, so yes if the government is overstepping it's bounds and not keeping with the fundementals of the founding of this country then it is anti-American as it goes against the very core of the founding of this country.

I believe that i said that, more people are starting to open their eyes, and yes as time goes on more people are becoming enlightened to what a tyrannical government this has become. The only way that this could be dangerous to the government is if it is true. If the government has not become tyrannical it will listen to the people, find out why they are so upset, what needs to be done to make the people trust their government again, and do it. They do after all work for us, and their job is to represent us, to be our voice, which they have not done for a very long time.

Have they done that, no they have not, instead they have chosen to label anyone that is unhappy with the state of this country as a "right wing extremist". If we were on a ship we would be the captain and the government would be the crew and what they are doing would be mutiny. Go into to work tomorrow and you and your coworkers just start changing company policy, see how far you get because the owners of the company don't work for you, you work for them and it is not your place to usurp their authority, you have a right to suggest, but not to overtake. What they are trying to suggest with their labeling is that these people are a threat and may try to overthrow this country, when in fact it is they that are attempting to do that.

Well, i'm sorry to say but, "this government" has been trampling on our rights way before the elections of 2000.

I was born in 61' and i have seen this country dramatically change, i'm sure that there are members here that are older and seen more, and i've had my fill of it.

I am a law abiding citizen (apparently we are now a danger also) not an extremist, i was raised to love and be patriotic to my country, as i raised my sons to be the same, and i'll be damned if i'm expected to sit quietly by while the people that are supposed to be my voice, label me as a threat and "right wing extremist" because i speak my mind about my country, we have yet to become communistic.

I will not be patriotic to a government, especially one that allows it's members to state that our second amendment will not get in their way, and that illegal immigrants are patriotic as they break our laws (as if we are not patriotic) and systematically tries to strip our rights away one by one.

I will continue to be patriotic to my country, as it should be and i will not apoligize for it, if that means that i am labeled a "right wing extremist" then so be it. I'm sure that our founding fathers, if here now, would also be labeled as such, so i will take that label proudly as it means that i am in very good company.

Edited to add; And if you listen very closely, you will hear that not everyone complaining is on the right, people on the left , and in the middle are complaining also. This is all just nonsense they've got us all talking to each other like we're a bunch of damn gangbangers or something walking around with our hats cocked to the right or the left, trying to force us to pick one side over the other, exactly what they want instead of a nation united, we're becoming a nation divided, makes it easier for them.

[edit on 4/15/2009 by chise61]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
The only thing the recession is fueling is wall street bankers pockets.You better get used to this kind of message from the government.If you have no political or economic power you are a terrorist plain and simple.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I'm I mistaken or didn't this same government just ban labeling real terrorists as 'terrorists'? Didn't they say they can't even be called 'enemy combatants'?

Funny, they have no problem calling veterans and pro-gun, pro-Constitutionalists as "TERRORISTS". Surely this is just my increasing misperception of reality that is causing this confusion. I must have been wrong all along about who the 'terrorists' are. Thanks for setting me straight Janet. When my friends and relatives get back from Iraq, I'll be sure to monitor them closely and report any suspicious activity to my local commissar immediately. I'll just bet those terrorist bastards are even reading the Bible and eating apple pie! To think that I actually considered them friends (shudder).

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
If oiling my favorite home defense weapon, and purchasing ammo for it makes me an extremist, so be it. The government policies and ideas have shown me the light! I will be prepared for those that feel that they deserve to enter my home and take what is mine for their own. Beware, extremist here, and proud to wear the label.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Meh.

I've been called worse things by better people. Labels don't bother me nary a bit. I can pack 5 pounds of manure in a coffee can and slap a label on it saying "rosebuds". Doesn't change the contents. I can wrap a pound of gold in cloth, and apply a label that says "lead". Doesn't change the contents.

Matter of fact, I've been called some pretty nasty things by folks right here on ATS for voicing my opinion, things that were absolutely unconnected with the topics at hand, just an effort to silence me, shout me down. Didn't work. You know why? That's right, their labels didn't change the contents either.

I can't say that any of their labels bother me at all. Slap 'em on at will. I'll neither rip them off nor wear them with pride. I just let 'em rot away like the dross that they are. Labels NEVER have the power to change the contents.

Hey, Janet! How they hangin'? You might want to take the OTHER Janet, the AG in the 90's, you know, the RENO Janet, out to lunch. Ask her how that paranoid, heavy-handed buisness worked out for her when she set her sights on the Klinton's "vast, right-wing conspiracy". This is just more of the same.

Meh.

nenothtu out

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Do you guys remember Bob Dole...? his chief of staff, Stanley Hilton went to school with Rumsfield and the boys... he said they are using his thieses to take over America... we need to get a copy of Stanley Hiltons college thieses ... I think he said Chicago was where they all attended... let me listen to alex jones - stanley hilton interview to see if I can identify the college..... interesting huh.... maybe we can read a couple of paragraphs ahead and video tape them doing it....

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusSaves2008
"A kingdom that is divided surely will not stand" - Jesus Christ.

Whether you agree with one side or the other the fact of the matter is that this kingdom is divided. As the division grows wider the abyss of hell will swallow this kingdom alive.

Jesus had a lot of good satanic one-liners.
Among my faves are

"I have come not to bring peace, but a sword."

and

"I have come to set fire to the world, and how I wish it was already kindled."

Go, Jesus! Go, Jesus! Go, Jesus! Go, Jesus!

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by BornPatriot

He went to the University of Chicago. So if he thinks they're using his thesis why didn't he say something a long time ago?

[edit on 4/15/2009 by chise61]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BornPatriot

Ok strike my previous question, i found the interview and see that's it's from 2004, and the claim that he is making is for a court case.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avenginggecko

I agree with you that just because you stockpile weapons and ammo does not make you an extremist. However, it does make the probability of you being or becoming an extremist more likely.

How does it make it more likely that you will become a terrorist/extremist? Maybe you just want to be prepared. I do not see why you would become an extremist because you have weapons and ammo stockpiled.

Of course the next step in this if they are aiming at controlling the people through fear is to ask people to report others in if they are stockpiling ammunition so that they can be investigated to make sure that they aren't a terrorist. Which of course means more details about you are now registered making it easier to control you.

TBH I think it is very foolish of the government to be alienating veterans like this they are the sort of people that you want on your side instead of against you. But then again it is the government

-Cauch1

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cauch1

TBH I think it is very foolish of the government to be alienating veterans like this they are the sort of people that you want on your side instead of against you. But then again it is the government

-Cauch1

Come to think of it, isn't this the reasoning given for that civilian corps that obama and rahm want? to help keep order if/when TSHTF and everybody panics? We don't know how they envision the presence of "extremists" in the cc. If they are to be automatically excluded it will be a rather partisan crowd. Although they won't be officially military, will the cc be armed in case of national disaster or panic? Look at what happened in new orleans during and after katrina. looting etc until armed national guard showed up. or will extremists (their definition) be allowed into the cc but with their attitudes adjusted? or will the cc be trying to keep order among those with whom they disagree about values? there's really no good ending to this scenario.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join