It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wake Up Call: Texas Gov. Backs Resolution Affirming Sovereignty

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

I was gonna add something similar, yea it was over states rights, state's rights to own slaves. The states rights only thing is a cop out.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Oh good heavens. Since when does the square footage of your state determines your ego size?

Funny how this didn't happen under Bush.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by GuyverUnit I

My apologies if this has been posted, I didn't find it but could have missed it.

>>>I did post this (drphilxr) on 4.14.09

[edit on 4/15/2009 by drphilxr]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by drphilxr

BREAKING NOW ON DRUDGEREPORT.COM

TEXAS GOVERNER ALLUDING TO POSSIBILITY OF SECCESSION FROM THE

UNITED STATES....

---> WAS JOHN TITOR RIGHT ABOUT CIVIL WAR, JUST WRONG ABOUT THE DATES???

blogs.chron.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by GuyverUnit I

BREAKING NOW ON DRUDGEREPORT.COM

TEXAS GOVERNER ALLUDING TO POSSIBILITY OF SECCESSION FROM THE

UNITED STATES....

---> WAS JOHN TITOR RIGHT ABOUT CIVIL WAR, JUST WRONG ABOUT THE DATES???

blogs.chron.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
This is great and all.
Currently 33 states are working on, passing or have passed this legislation.

I guess I'm wondering why this took so long to do?

I mean we've had 8 years to do this but this is only coming out at the beginning of the obama administration.

I guess better late then never.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I am from Texas and I couldn't be more proud of my state. Hopefully other states start to follow and we can overthrow this gov't that has for so long pushed its people into despair.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
***EDIT FOR SPELLING AND FORMAT***

Originally posted by goblue
This is to funny. If Texas did this what would they use for money, would they print off some good old G.W.B green backs for currency? I dont know about Arizona but I hope every body know's that Colorado is nothing like texas and would never go along with some crazy idea like this. Texas is full of cocky self centerd no state is better than texas we are the best ever type people and Colorado is the complete as far as it gets opposite. U.S postal service? Army? Navy? Air force? Social security?

at least ron paul could get rid of the fed then

Truly I hope you are not the majority mindset of Colorado, because every State should know and assert their Rights to not be trampled by the Federal Government which is an Agent of The States and not the other way around. That is all that is stated here.

I do not want a succession, but I will attempt to answer your concerns for this theoretical situation:

1) Many countries use the U.S, Dollar as their currency of trade, so no sweat there.
2) I'll take U.P.S., Fed Ex, DHL and other private organizations over the U.S. Postal Service any day already.
3) Texas has its own State Guard, we have several Air Force Bases and our own planes. Also considering most of its citizens are armed and we wouldn't be fighting a foreign war abroad, we really don't need a huge standing Army.
4) Social Security is determined by your best consecutive 40 quarters (10 years) and is payed out according to age. They pay even if people retire to a different Country. Citizens of Texas would theoretically have dual-citizenship and thus be entitled to their S.S.

[edit on 4/15/2009 by Autonomous]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Evisscerator

Got room for Florida in that mix?
We elected Gov. Charlie and have been getting Charlie-hosed ever since.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
It is this attitude that I love most about texas. I actually wouldnt mind seeing more states thinking this openly. With all the debt piling up, we need to start over. We need a complete overhaul of the entire system. All the way from "professional politicians" to the unconstitutional tax code. It all needs to be scrapped and done away with!

Its high time "We the People" take back our country! Star this post if you agree!

[edit on 15-4-2009 by Fox News]

[edit on 15-4-2009 by Fox News]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
The Civil War was fought over states' rights and the Confederacy, which was formed by states resisting oppressive tariffs imposed by the federal government, lost the that war.

The civil rights movement was in no small measure a battle for states' rights against the intrusion of the federal government in local affairs regarding race relations. Regardless of how one feels about the outcome of that movement, for all intents and purposes the concept of states' rights was dead.

In my opinion, these resolutions are like closing the door after the horses have galloped off into the sunset.

The remedy is to elect legislators, judges, and executives who hold states' rights in the same esteem that our founders did.

And what about Human rights?

This is an obvious deflection attempt from a shill for obama and the left. What has that got to do with the issues raised in the OP, or the discussion so far? You're actually OK with what the federal government is doing????

And somehow you got by with violating both the one line and minimum number of characters rules.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
My question is this, if the texas gov, wants to stand up to the US gov't, and point fingers, demand that Texas has the right to is own sovernity, etc. Even get a state law passed to this effect. And all you texans wave flags , clap and are all for it. Cool. But on the other hand, Gov. Perry took large money's from the Us Gov't to fix up Galveston, & Hoston after the 2008 hurricane season. Or have you forgotten that. So the way I see it, you can rail against the Goverment, but ont he slide you still accept large $$$ from them. To me thats just being two-faced.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eye of Horus
My question is this, if the texas gov, wants to stand up to the US gov't, and point fingers, demand that Texas has the right to is own sovernity, etc. Even get a state law passed to this effect. And all you texans wave flags , clap and are all for it. Cool. But on the other hand, Gov. Perry took large money's from the Us Gov't to fix up Galveston, & Hoston after the 2008 hurricane season. Or have you forgotten that. So the way I see it, you can rail against the Goverment, but ont he slide you still accept large $$$ from them. To me thats just being two-faced.

As a fellow Texan I don't really care for Perry too much. What little I recall of him I don't really like. He's no different or better than any other politician of my time. There isn't a doubt in my mind his intentions of putting this forward is for his own personal gain. That being said, I honestly think Texas has the most patriotic population with the old fashion values that I respect. Sure the US Government has been there for needed aid to all states but not to anywhere near to the point of max resources possible. Sure we probably have it better (or programmed to think so) than any other country in the world. But the greed and the corruption within all government sickens me. However I see this is a bold and courageous step for us all to stand up against the way things are and really push for a difference in the way the entire world runs and operate things. The idea of a second American revolution is like a wet dream for all those like me who really takes the time to read the news headlines each day before working long hours under the hot sun to support our families. Some of you act like that if Texas went solo, that it would amount to some sort of civil war. I don't see this as being the case. And I highly doubt that any United States citizen would support such an act. If we as country can accept various sexualities, races, creeds, and religions, than we as a country can admire any state that has the balls to stand up and say enough is a enough. For now this is just a big dream as I don't think quite enough of the population can wake up to reality and realize what is going on. The vision of a free society today is so far off from the vision of the freedom that the founding fathers of America had yet nobody seems to realize it.

And although I think I see some of these things for the way they really are, I'm still very guilty for believing that some of this is needed simply because of the way we as human beings have evolved. Yet, deep down inside I know we evolved in the ways that they wanted us to so we could feel these needs that aren't really needed at all.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
My point is very simple. I also am a proud Texan and have felt for years that the feds are overstepping their boundaries. IMO, if Perry was really serious about this he would do one of two things.

1) File lawsuits against the FED for every legislation he feels violated the 10th Amendment. I find it amazing that he claims the tenth amendment violation but takes no legal action to remedy the situation.

2) Secede. He won't do this because the same politicians he is criticizing are his ticket to future career moves.

This cease and desist measure as some put it, feel good measure IMO, doesn't do anything to remedy the situation. Congress will simply take note and file it in the appropriate file(13).

When Perry does option one or two, maybe then he will have my respect on this issue.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join