It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wake Up Call: Texas Gov. Backs Resolution Affirming Sovereignty

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Lets not sink to the low level of arguing left vs. right. Really the issues at hand is larger then political bickering. It's well accepted that both parties are rich in spineless liars.

Really the topic we should focus on is what the average American can do to fight against the loss of liberties we see in our everyday lives.

Both parties in my eyes are guilty, lesser of two evils still equals evil in the end.

[edit on 15-4-2009 by oconnection]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297
reply to post by GuyverUnit I

Texas not only retains the right to secede, but it can be divided into separate states within the Republic.

Perry is making a documented effort to notify the Federal government that it was created by the States to serve the States, not the reverse. The "Federal Government" was a creation of the STATES, and remains so. The power of the People of the United States of America remains in the States and their citizens.

We are all citizens of our respective States first, and the U.S. second. I do not tell people I am an American, I tell them "I am a Texan!"

He is planting the seeds of secession I hope.

As Obama weakens the U.S. armed forces, Texas and other states will be more easily able to assert their independence.

We have long held our independence dear. I was born in the "Alamo City" where General Sam Houston is revered. San Antonio alone has the most modern military hopsital and Burn Center at Brooke Army Medical Center on Fort Sam Houston. Fort Sam Houston houses the 5th Army and is fully stagged and armed.

We have the Air Force training facility at Lackland A.F.B.and the Air Force flight school at Randolph A.F.B. The T-38, F-22 and F-35 are or will be stationed there in large numbers, not to mention more battle-tested aircraft and support craft.

Medina Base and Camp Bullis are home to Army field combat training facilities and at least one infantry and cavalry division at all times, fully armed. There is an arms depot at Medina as well.

The former Kelly A.F.B. is now an inland "port" and logisitcs center. Southwest Research Institute conducts satellite, communication and medical research for the armed forces.

Brooks School of Aerospace medicine has trained and decontaminated astronauts. It is also a logistics and trade center.

This does not include the facilities surrounding S.A. such as the Hondo flight training facility and the Corpus Christi Naval Air Station just a litttle over an hour away.

And that's just San Antonio. Texas includes Fort Hood with several divisions of infantry and cavalry and armored. There are major military bases and airfields spreaqd across the State. We have the largest, newest and best highway system in the U.S. with Interstates 10 and 35 reaching the length and breadth of the country.

Dell Computer and Texas Instruments. The U.T. Medical system. Ross Perot. Boone Pickens. Hunt Oil and the Hunt family fortunes. The largest oil reserves in the U.S. A 1,000+ mile coast with the 3rd largest port and the largest gas reserves and refinery in the U.S.

Texas has not had a recession. We have more land than every State but 1. We have corn, cotton, cattle and wheat. The largest border with Mexico and an excellent diplomatic relationship. (They buy lots of our guns.)

I think we're ready. I know I am.

jw

Texas also has Marcus Lattrell soal survivor of Seal Team 10 damn near a one man army!

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Perry is just trying increase his political stock. How many times have Perry voiced his opinion about what the federal government been doing to state rights every since he took over as Governor?

The resolution is no more than political grandstanding as well.
Amazing how these folks finally saw it wise enough to take on the government once everything started to go to hell.

I disagree !

I'm a native born Texan and currently live in West Texas where I grew up.
Let me just say this. IF Texas were to pull out of the Union of States, we would take New Mexico and Colorado with us as they were part of the territory of Texas owned at the time we were accepted into the Union of States by Treaty.

It means that we would control gasoline production, we have the largest amount of oil in the UsA, we would be self sufficient and able to deal with world markets, we could merge with Mexico and have not only the largest oil field in the western hemisphere but tourism and manufacturing.

We would have our own Air Force, Army and Navy.

We are sittin' pretty in a world full of crapola.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
About two weeks ago or more there was a thread related to the 10th amendment on ATS, it outlined the list of states who were preparing a letter to the feds confirming thier States Rights, and establishing a Cease and Desist Order, those States numbered 21 by the time the hoopla died down.
Many of those resolutions passed the states houses. And yes Texas was included, and one of the first. What brought this particular case to light again was that Gov. Perry made a capital rotunda speech out lining the resolution, and opened it to the press. Gov. Perry's language in this speech was particularly strong for political language spoken in a public speech.
The State of Texas has not Seceeded from the U.S., and that was not the intention. In the speech (per the Gov. Comments yesterday in the media). Gov. Perry wanted only to let the Feds know that he was serious in his filing of the resolution, and his and the State of Texas's feelings on the matter of Federal interference in his state.
At last count there were some 28 States that had filed Amendment 10 resolutions and were in the process of running them through thier houses, or had passed them, and sent them on to the Feds. as a reminder that the states rule, not the Feds.

Actually even my state was one of them. But, Gov. Perry sounds as though he is prepared to back up his statements, and the resolution, whereas some of the other states failed to take it any farther than forwarding the resolution to the president. Pity.

This may be a tipping point albeit a small one, it will grow throughout the summer if other states follow suit in ramping up thier language, and being prepared to back it up. Wait and see is all we can do.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
This is all good,anytime a state goes agenst the gov when it has turned as rogue as this one has.If nothing else it will show the people(the ones paying attention)how this gov will react to such things.Its always good for someone or in this case a state to take point and make a gov show its true colors.

We won't be able to vote this sort of gov out because the only people we will have to vote for (in any party) will be people instilled by the same system that is corrupt.They(who ever THEY are) will always shut out the John and Jane Does that would run for office and represent the people.The idea of a constatutional gov,for,by and of the people is gone.If we the people can't find a way to agree to disagree we are done as a free people.

We are naive to think this could not happen to America,sad.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Bread and circuses, people.

Until ANY state kicks out all "offices" of the Federal Government (except for the post office, which has a Constitutional mandate and duty to do it's job), then it is just posturing.

Or, in other words, bread and circuses.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

Originally posted by Totakeke
Interesting. It looks like they just have a house resolution; I assume it would have to pass before Texas isn't considered part of the union anymore? Either way, good find; starred and flagged.

[edit on 14-4-2009 by Totakeke]

Unfortunately, we've been through this once before. Southern states that wanted to continue with slavery sought to leave the United States, something the government said they couldn't do. Once a state, always a state. It ended in a civil war.

If this passes the state Senate and somehow became a law, the Supreme Court of the U.S. would certainly strike it down.

just pokin' around trying to find some juicy threads. Well I noticed that you had said that they wanted to continue slavery, and thats what brought about the Civil war. Thats not the way I learned it in school. The south wanted to secede from the United states of america, because the government tried to abolish states rights. thats what sent the south to war.

And if I remember correctly the first all african regiment in the civil war was in the south. Any slave that fought for the south was guaranteed their freedom when the war was over.

But we never got that far because Robert E. Lee Surrendered at Appomattox(sp???) court house.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

Originally posted by Totakeke
Interesting. It looks like they just have a house resolution; I assume it would have to pass before Texas isn't considered part of the union anymore? Either way, good find; starred and flagged.

[edit on 14-4-2009 by Totakeke]

Unfortunately, we've been through this once before. Southern states that wanted to continue with slavery sought to leave the United States, something the government said they couldn't do. Once a state, always a state. It ended in a civil war.

If this passes the state Senate and somehow became a law, the Supreme Court of the U.S. would certainly strike it down.

And you think that this won't end in civil war if the supreme court goes that direction? You think the states will stop and say "oh alright, we'll just let you go ahead and usurp all authority over us".

If you do, then you're a moron.

Jaden

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Declaring sovereignty is not secession. There is a difference. Texas is not saying it will no longer be a part of the United States. It's saying that it will no longer allow the federal government to overstep its authority.

Oh, and it's just a political move. They don't give a flip about any of you, or any of your rights. They didn't care about the federal government's massive expansion one little bit when it was their home boy and his Republican puppets running the show.

They're just mad because it's Obama and his Democrats in office.

Politics. It's all politics. Your rights are worthless to them.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation
Declaring sovereignty is not secession. There is a difference. Texas is not saying it will no longer be a part of the United States. It's saying that it will no longer allow the federal government to overstep its authority.

Oh, and it's just a political move. They don't give a flip about any of you, or any of your rights. They didn't care about the federal government's massive expansion one little bit when it was their home boy and his Republican puppets running the show.

They're just mad because it's Obama and his Democrats in office.

Politics. It's all politics. Your rights are worthless to them.

Bush is not their homeboy. Hes just some retarded ass snob who was born in massachusetts. He only says he's from Texas because daddy bought him some property out there. Only homeboys he has are the goddamn secret Service and the retards in Crawford. I am a Texan. I refuse to be lumped in with a piece of crap like him. He is nothing but a large overturned wet piece of horse dung to me and mine. Screw Bush. The both of them. Though Jr's wife is still lookin' good.

[edit on 15/4/2009 by SemperParatusRJCC]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by GuyverUnit I

Already posted (by me) the day before in breaking political news...moved there by admin.

Sheesh, I usually get booted by someone else when i post a tip from drudge!

Good eye.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

ATS Texas Sovereignity Post

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Evisscerator

United we stand, divided we fall.

The seeds of discontent are flowering this spring all over the union.

What harvest will it bring...?

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Perry is an unapologetic NWO shill...

I have opposed him politically all my life - he is and always will be a Snake in the Grass!

You can be GURANTEED that this has been designed to have as little ability to oppose the Fed as possible - pure posturing for posturing's sake.

That being said - i think no one can reasonably deny the message that he delivered.

Unfortunately the EXTREMELY Unconstitutional War on Drugs turned Texas into a full fleged Police State years ago...

Sure there's a few enclaves of "freedom" here and there - parts of Austin, and a few of the outlying small town communities - but even foreign visiters quickly catch on that you are consatntly under the thumb of excessive policing that funds itself on relatively innocuous drug use and distribution.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Leave it to Texas to start our war on Giant Useless Government. All for it go get 'em Longhorns. you have my support.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
This is definitely a step in the right direction. I hope we can get all the states on board, that would send a long overdue message to DC that we will not be their personal doormats.

TheAssociate

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Fortunately, there is nothing in the constitution stating that the states cannot leave voluntarily.

And the tenth amendment clearly states that State law is superior to Federal law when dealing with that state.

Amendment X
"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people."

The only reason that the 50 states are in this union, is that they agree to be.

This is why the Constitution took so long to hammer out, they had to get ALL the states to agree with it.

The Supreme courts decision on this matter is moot, as the supreme court only has jurisdiction on purely federal matters.

That being state-to-state affairs, of which leaving the union is not one of them.

In matters of purely in state law, State law trumps Federal law, this is what the Tenth amendment was for.

-Edrick

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
This is already being talked about in an earlier thread here:

Texas gov. back resolutoin affirming sovereignty

This is all a dog and pony show to get the people to rally behind Perry. Perry is the pied-piper and will lead the Texas masses who care about freedom and the Constitution down the road to the meat grinder, only to be plucked out of the mess by his NWO buddies before the switch is flipped on.

Perry also needs to gain as much support as possible so he can get the Trans-Texas Corridor built.

Independent Texans are universally opposed to Gov. Rick Perry's plans to put the massive 4,000 mile, 1,200 foot wide toll road network and utility corridor through the heart of Texas . . .

This super-highway will be an essential link in the infrastructure of the new NAU.

[Perry has also vetoed] eminent domain reform designed to protect private property rights and to stop the taking of over 1 million acres of prime farm and ranchland -- for the Trans-Texas Corridor -- the largest land seizure in United States history.

Hmmm . . . Government seizing privately owned land to build the NAFTA superhighway through your back yard. It sounds like Texas is acting a bit like the Federal Government they are bad mouthing in this case.

Individual rights and property rights are at the core of the beliefs of our Founding Fathers and Framers of the U.S. Constitution. Perry is attacking those rights head on for the Fed while pretending to be apposed.

A wolf in sheep’s clothing, not to be trusted in my opinion.

On a side note, did you know that Texas has the 47th WORST voter turn out of the 50 states? Way to rally against the Feds, Texas!!

ImpeachPerry.com

CorridorWatch.org

Trans Texas Corridor

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
This is to funny. If Texas did this what would they use for money, would they print off some good old G.W.B green backs for currency? I dont know about Arizona but I hope every body know's that Colorado is nothing like texas and would never go along with some crazy idea like this. Texas is full of cocky self centerd no state is better than texas we are the best ever type people and Colorado is the complete as far as it gets opposite. U.S postal service? Army? Navy? Air force? Social security?

at least ron paul could get rid of the fed then

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrZERO

Perry also needs to gain as much support as possible so he can get the Trans-Texas Corridor built.

That or one those privately owned toll roads built with public funds projects he loves to push. There has to be some unspoken potentially profitable motive behind it. I just can't see Rick Perry caring about state rights.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join