It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 - Searching for all FACTS - No Speculation Please

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Actual facts for 12/21/12 are the winter solstice which occurs on at 11:11 am ut.The winter solstice always occurs on the 21st or 22nd.Another fact the earth completes a 26,000 year rotation called precession or the precession of equinoxes there are no affects to humans from this cycle there are also several short cycles of precession.
Oh yeah not to mention the london olympics....Woo Hoo
As far as all the doom and gloom none of it really holds up to any scrutiny most of the theories are simple to laugh at and doesn't require alot of thinking just logic and for the rest they could occur on any given day with little or no warning.It doesn't have to be a special date.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I researched most of the"so called" evidence pointing to something happening in 2012. As most have said there is no evidence, only speculation and it seems greed from those jumping on the bandwagon.

What intrigues me about 2012 is the fact that the world is in turmoil and for all intents and purposes, I think mother earth is trying to tell us something.

Whether that is associated and fits in with 2012, we will have to wait and see.

Personally, I think something beyond our wildest dreams or nightmares is just round the corner. I evidence this on nothing more than a feeling. I think deep inside we all know and feel the same.

Respects

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I have never really paid any attention to any doomsday events or any predictions made by anyone. But, I too have a feeling that something big is about to happen, whether it be good or bad, we'll just have to wait and see.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
The only thing that I can think of in terms of "fact" with 2012 would scientific, but then, that stuff always gets debunked by someone and not being a scientist myself, all I can do is speculate.

That said, I remember seeing a video where scientists were talking about the planets in our solar system aligning with the milky way galaxy I think? Anyway, when all of the planets line up there are supposed to be some gravitational changes that will shift the earths poles changing it's axis. This abrupt change is supposed to cause a monster tidal wave that will do unprecedented damages to our earth and killing off a large chunk of life here.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's heard of this, I even feel like I seen it on TV. Anyone else hear of this?

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Here's a fact, a reference to the prophecy can be found on a monument in Tortuguero.

Sven Gronemeyer, University of Bonn (Germany), traced the drawing of the closing section. Dr. David Stuart, University of Texas at Austin, made a preliminary and full reading with translation:

…(long ago) it happened, the day Eight Chuwen, the ninth of Mak
when the Becoming-Ripe-House was constructed(?).
It was the ‘underground house’ (shrine) of (the god) Ahkal K’uk’.
It was two and nine-score days, three years, eight-score years and 3 x 400 years
(before) the Thirteenth Bak’tun will end
on Four Ajaw, the third of Uniiw,
when ..?.. it will occur…?,
the descent..?.. of B’olon Yookte’ at ..?..

pakalahau.wordpress.com...

Make of it what you will.

Astronomically speaking, the sun has been extremely close to galactic centre for decades now, it actually reached it's closest point in 1998.
But there is something special that happens that day in the sky over southern Mexico, that may have great relevance to the Mayan mythology.

On solstice 2012 the Sun, a few hours before dawn begins to edge it's way onto the galactic plane, it reaches midpoint at 11:11 as we all know, and completes the crossing of the galactic plane minutes before sunset.
It all happens during one day over southern Mexico. It's really all symbolic, but perhaps no less important.

It seems to me they where measuring precession. Like all the ancient mystery schools, precession is key it seems.

Anyway it's all fun, and occasionally shift happens.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I've done alot of reading on this subject and i'm not sure why most people this that the wold is going to end on 12-21-2012 or according to the Myans 13.0.0.0.0..That particular date is just when the Myan long count calendar ends..The myan's have many calendar's.. the well-known ones are the Myan Long Count, Tzolkin,HAAB..On that day in december the sun will rise directly in the middle of the Milkyway Galaxy, it is the start of the winter solstice and there is going to be a polar shift on the sun and on the earth and the polar shift on the sun had already began to commence it is also the end of the 13th Baktun AKA The Great cycle Which happens every 26,000 years...As the myth dove's according to the Orion Prophecy in 9792 BC when the earth stopped its rotation and started to spin in the opposite direction, causing the tidal wave that smothered Atlantis. The insight was carried to Egypt, where the Atlantean kings became the heirerarchy of Egyptian mythology. The evidence of the catastrophe and the future return of it was placed in the book of the dead that still resides in egypt to this day. in that year of 9792BC match's what might happen in 2012... More to come on this subject

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
It drives me nuts when people are so set on disproving something, they refuse to admit that there are facts that are still relevant. Does this mean that the world will end in 2012....no. Are there facts related to 2012? Yes.

I have read 16 books related to 2012 (in case you're wondering, 6 said the world would end and ten told about why it WOULDN'T). I would recommend starting with "The Idiot's Guide to 2012" namely because it doesn't take sides on the issue and presents all of the facts and THEORIES relating to 2012 and even tells you which is which. It's an easy read and only covers the surface of each issue -- you can then go and do more research on the topics that interest you most.

Here's a synopsis of the subjects covered (no, I don't work for them or anyone else related to the topic):

Maya
Astrological alignment on 12-21-2012
Hopi Indians
The Bible
Nostradamus
Edgar Cayce
Global Warming
Crop Circles

It even has an entire chapter devoted to skeptics.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Stuff that 'is' happening in 2012

January 31 — 433 Eros, the second-largest Near Earth Object on record (size 13x13x33 km) is expected to pass Earth at 0.1790 astronomical units (~26.8 million kilometers; ~16.6 million miles). NASA studied Eros with the NEAR Shoemaker probe launched on 1996-02-17.[3]

May 20 — Annular solar eclipse, a Sunday

June 6 — Second and last solar transit of the planet Venus of this century; the next pair is predicted to occur in 2117 and 2125 (see Transit of Venus, 2012).

November 13 — Total solar eclipse (visible in northern Australia and the South Pacific).
November 28 — Penumbral lunar eclipse

December

December 3 — Jupiter oppositions.
December 21 — The Mesoamerican Long Count calendar, notably used by the Maya civilization among others of pre-Columbian Mesoamerica, completes its thirteenth b'ak'tun cycle since the calendar's mythical starting point (equivalent to 3114 BC August 11 in the proleptic Gregorian calendar, according to the "GMT-correlation" JDN= 584283).[7] The Long Count b'ak'tun date of this starting point (13.0.0.0.0) is repeated, for the first time in a span of approximately 5,125 solar years. The significance of this period-ending to the pre-Columbian Maya themselves is unclear, and there is an incomplete inscription (Tortuguero Monument 6) that records this date. It is also to be found carved on the walls of the Temple of Inscriptions in Palenque, where it functions as a base date from which other dates are computed.[8] However, it is conjectured that this may represent in the Maya belief system a transition from the current Creation world into the next
The 2012 Winter Solstice will also occur on this day at 11:11 UTC.[9]
What is 11:11?..... Doorways of Destiny
The symbol of 11:11 is a complex symbol having multiple related meanings and purposes.
From the outset, 11:11 is a symbol that announces that a particular change is eminent and
that a new course in your destiny has been prepared.

December 23 — The alternative date for the completion of the thirteenth b'ak'tun cycle in the Maya calendar, using a version of the GMT-correlation based on a JDN of 584285 (a.k.a. the "astronomical" or "Lounsbury correlation"), which is supported by a smaller number of Mayanist researchers.[10]

December 31 — Expiration of the Kyoto Protocol.

Unknown dates in 2012

The United Kingdom will complete a 5-year process to cease analogue television broadcasts region-by-region, with Meridian Broadcasting, ITV London, Tyne Tees Television and UTV being the last areas to switch off analogue.[12]

Australia and Ireland will cease analogue television broadcasts.

NASA's new Orion spacecraft will become fully operational for International Space Station support flights.

China will launch the Kuafu spacecraft

Freedom Tower in New York City: Construction will be finished

The sun will reverse its own magnetic poles during 2012 as result of reaching the end of the current 11-year sunspot cycle.[13]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
That venus transit is the day after by birthday

My poor aunt is the 6th June and we are saying to her on 06:06:06, that she was the devil LOL LOL

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by KingOfVillains

ok you guys, the maya believed the time around the winter solstice such as 12/21/12 was a time of a new beginning, not the end of the world. you have to remember, this was a civilization that created a highly developed calender, numbering system, and astronomical studying system. they believed their gods came down from their 13 heavens and blessed the world on this day.

the people who came up with this theory are the same ones who came up with the Y2K theory, and you know what, that was false!!! i wonder what they'll do after 12/21/12?!?!
they will find out their doomsday theory was wrong,
, big shock, and come up with a new doomsday date, because they have nothing to follow religiously anymore.

plus, this gets old after a while so i'll tell you people now, just because i'm 13 does not mean i'm dumb.
i speak 5 languages fluently so there (hidatsa, a native american language, spanish, italian, latin and english).

so in short, 2012 will not signal the end of the world, but a new beginning. the mayans did not believe this to be a day of doom, but a beginning of prosperity.

i just got an epiphany! matbe it'll signal the end of the global reccesion!!!

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by KingOfVillains

Hi, KingOfVillains and all 2012 fans.

I have read the answers in these 2 pages, and no reference to the next:

IF you trust Edgar Cayce, then read the Ra material refered to in
my signature. It will OPEN your eyes ! ! B-)

There is no speculation, and no extremely precise dates and/or hours.
It WILL answer MANY important questions of your life !
! ! Believe me ! !
ANd ho ! No religion brain wash either.

Blue skies.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I found Ivan"Evon"Stein interesting myself.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by C-JEAN

Wow!! I can't believe I wasted 30 minutes of my life scanning though The Ra Material.. What a load of tripe!!!

Although I guess there are some who would love to believe anything.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Sorry if someone already said it, but these will probably help:

David Wilcock and Divine Cosmos - he has written several books documenting the science behind 2012, whether you will accept the science or not.

The big one that will help fill in gaps: OCCULT/HERMETIC PHILOSOPHY/ESOTERIC

Rudolf Steiner
www.rudolfsteinerweb.com...
www.rsarchive.org...

Theosophy
www.theosophy.org...
www.theosophical.org...

Essentially, time is cyclic. That is why 2012 is happening. I'm not sure how to provide that idea as 'fact'. You just have to be convinced of it. This thread was good:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

P.S. To the poster above, Stumpy1, you say you scanned the Ra material in 30 minutes... If I scanned the bible in 30 minutes, or a novel for that matter, do you think I would have been able to write a review, or even take away a message from the material?

[edit on 23-4-2009 by beebs]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join