It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch out, we're being "Shallow-Hal'd"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
AHAHAHA where's your saviour now?

celebedge.ca... abc&date=False

Susan Boyle gets makeover... now is she still the bastion of hope for those of you who are oh so deep to look beyond appearances?

"Max Clifford, Britain's most prominent publicist, said the makeover was risky because it could jeopardize the singer's emotional connection to her audience.
Keep her as natural as possible for as long as possible," was his advice. "It's more about protection than promotion. She's got the voice. She has to make sure that the person people all around the world fell in love with remains the same."

Her dumpy appearance is a marketing strategy.
whatever pedastal you hold her upon is a sham.
Ahhh of all the celebrity gossip i vehemently flter out im glad this one caught my eye long enough to give me a good chuckle.

"Boyle would not be mesmerizing if she were not an ugly duckling," she wrote." How is it different than someone only being special - or trying to be special, even - by aspiring to be beautiful? thats right.. there is no difference.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by kidney thief

Ahhh of all the celebrity gossip i vehemently flter out im glad this one caught my eye long enough to give me a good chuckle.

"Boyle would not be mesmerizing if she were not an ugly duckling," she wrote." How is it different than someone only being special - or trying to be special, even - by aspiring to be beautiful? thats right.. there is no difference.

So, let's get this straight. If I'm following your really bizarre line of thinking it goes like this....

An expert renders her opinion that Susan should stay dumpy to keep some type of underdog sympathy movement going.

BUT, Susan goes ahead and gets her hair done despite the "opinion" of one talking head.

SO...and this where we just have to throw all logic out the window - Susan is a fraud.

*golf clap*

You know, I think you may be the very type of person I had in mind when I started this thread in the first place. Did you even bother listening to the 1999 recording of Susan?

Probably not...you just want to make sure you tear her down because you don't like that some one that doesn't fit your stereotype may actually have the opportunity to enjoy success due to their talents.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

Originally posted by kidney thief

So, let's get this straight. If I'm following your really bizarre line of thinking it goes like this....

An expert renders her opinion that Susan should stay dumpy to keep some type of underdog sympathy movement going.

BUT, Susan goes ahead and gets her hair done despite the "opinion" of one talking head.

SO...and this where we just have to throw all logic out the window - Susan is a fraud.

*golf clap*

You know, I think you may be the very type of person I had in mind when I started this thread in the first place. Did you even bother listening to the 1999 recording of Susan?

Probably not...you just want to make sure you tear her down because you don't like that some one that doesn't fit your stereotype may actually have the opportunity to enjoy success due to their talents.

not in the least friend, i think its absurd anybody would want to limit someone else's success based on appearance. Im not tearing her down personally, i am more tearing down this whole absurd notion of marketing and image, but in a way that i am trying to convey the point that she is completely in the hands of these market analysts and you would never have even heard of her if it werent for them. therefor what you see as Susan Boyle is a product of what her handlers want: and clearly, some of them want to present her a a dumpish, uglyduckling type to conect to their demographic. simply put, youve been played all along. her haircut is now being used to distract the masses from the recession, its even in the friggin title of the article.

her and her music is a tool for others, and you cannot say you see the Real Her because as i said, she is a marketing strategy now. And you fit those marters intended profile so perfectly you start lengthy threads with inane arguments over her to make yourself appear to be against the grain when it comes to Beauty Stereotypes... wait a second, now you too are using her as a marketing strategy to sell yourself to others. F'ck the golf clap, heres a giant wall of applause.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join