It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The moon... not ours?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I do not know if there has been another topic about this but I figured it fit into this section beacuse it deals with our moon- a planetary body.

I have heard several theories that the moon is older than the earth by like 800,000 years; and that the moon is made of materials that no other planet, or other moon in our solar system is really composed of in large amounts. which brings us to this.. could the moon have come from outside our solar system? and if so, where do you think it could have come from?
I have heard other theories that the moon could have been built, or could have been "towed" into place. but I will not get into those beacuse I am not sure that belongs in this section or not.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
starchild.gsfc.nasa.gov...

The Giant Impactor Theory (sometimes called The Ejected Ring Theory): This theory proposes that a planetesimal (or small planet) the size of Mars struck the Earth just after the formation of the solar system, ejecting large volumes of heated material from the outer layers of both objects. A disk of orbiting material was formed, and this matter eventually stuck together to form the Moon in orbit around the Earth. This theory can explain why the Moon is made mostly of rock and how the rock was excessively heated. Furthermore, we see evidence in many places in the solar system that such collisions were common late in the formative stages of the solar system. This theory is discussed further below.

There are other theories on the page that I linked to, as well. And some additional ones that you can find by searching for "where moon came from" or maybe "moon" in the ATS search.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Well really friend, is ANYTHING we know about ours? No it belongs to the universe, we simply live in.

Taking claim to any piece of land or astral body is simply stupid as this is what keeps us back as a planet, but I digress

No, I firmly believe the moon is more than what we are being told. I've read numerous things from Star Base to Hollow Moon to even having a Utopia created by a joint US/Alien aliance on the dark side.

Anything is possible, but the fact remains that we don't know all the facts regardless of what the truth is. We are being lied to on some level.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Irving29

Irving....'search' for the Moon is Artificial. You will find a thread already established there.

(or, perhaps it is titled 'Is the Moon Artificial?') Try both.....

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Irving29

Hey Irving...

Sorry to go off topic, but was does your '29' stand for..?

edit to point out that i just realized HOw off topic this question is...see below.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7b2be7962b68.jpg[/atsimg]

my bad...

[edit on 4/14/2009 by chapter29]

top topics

join