It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avian Flu Emergency Plan for Federal Employees

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Ever wonder if this Avian Flu is just another farfetched conspiracy theory? Well the Fed's are taking adequate measures to inform their employees about it.

I just happened to type in Avian Flu and N P S and I got THIS SITE

Mysteriously enough, the site isn't working anymore. Luckily I got a chance to save it as a PDF before it went down:

The particular strand that everyone seems to be talking about seems to be the same thing that the feds are talking about. Anyone think the theories and stories about it the Avian Flu are relevant? Or irrelevant?

S&F if you think I\'m on to something..

[edit on 14-4-2009 by leira7]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Good find, s/f.

I think it's more than a coincidence that we are getting all of these different bits and chunks of information about the bird flu. This, is also throwing up a red flag with all the 'tea parties' that are going on tomorrow.

Again, good find - hopefully this doesn't become anything big.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
You can bet your bottom dollar we'll be hearing more and more of these kinds of threads in the future.

Biological attacks and pandemics are the new way to fear the populace into accept wild terms by agencies such as the CDC and FEMA. These "emergency" plans are just another way of stripping your liberties in the event of a catastrophy.

Bird flue is actually a legitimate threat when it comes to possible pandemics. I know that because mostly all huge pharmaceutical companies are attempting to develop treatment as soon as possible, even going as far as injecting people with live strains of the stuff. (china)

It's going to get pretty interesting in the next couple of years....

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
They've really been pushing hard with this avian flu. Could it be another swine flu scare? Maybe a few isolated cases will break out and that will scare everyone to get vaccinated. Good way for the drug companies to make money.
I work for a large corporation and for the past 3 years we have gotten emails about pandemic flu preparations.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Good job on saving PDF.
This is a good example and lesson for all of us
who find important information -
only to find it is removed soon afterward.
It happens so often now.
Very interesting.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by anonymouse876

There is nothing new about this, bird flu has been a topic of concern for the last decade. The measures that have been taken in Asia and Europe to contain it by destroying affected animals have probably prevented a repeat of the 1917-18 outbreak that killed tens of millions. Logic dictates that military and government personnel/dependents get vaccine priority since they are primarily in charge of preserving the country's functions unlike what has been argued on earlier threads.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by secretagent woooman

I know there's nothing new to this, but it just seems that over the past month or so discussion of this seems to be picking up. Not just on here, but quite a few other places as well.

Sorry for hijacking the thread OP

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Something a little weird just happened.

I got this file from someone who I will not mention and did not know prior to this board and am uncertain of this individuals true identity.

Here is the file: H5N1 Pandemic Influenza Preparation and Response Plan

What do you think about that?

In the search, type in the words: FEMA and Quarantine

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by anonymouse876

I know where you are coming from though.
All I can say is, I would rather see logic take over in the event of an emergency than have people who trained in chain of continuity go to the wayside. The flu strain they are talking about it is a severe threat if it ever does go into the mainstream.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Not to topple the conspiracy house, but don't you want the government to have some sort of plan if a pandemic actually breaks out? Who else could lock up our borders and stop infected people from entering the country, assuming it begins outside the US? Who else can distribute the millions of vaccines and anti-viral medications to emergency response workers but the government? If they don't plan and something happens, you'd be up in arms over their lack of foresight, but if they do make plans, you assume something is going to happen tomorrow (or that they are actually going to make it happen). Remember all the planning for a nuclear war? One of those break out yet?

If you read the government's own plans (and they can be found at pandemicflu.gov and elsewhere), they sound rather levelheaded. Yes, there is mention of quarantine (which even the government admits is a last resort and likely to occur in small areas at best), but what else do you do if such a virus reaches epidemic proportions? Let the sick mingle with the healthy?

Do I trust the government? No. But I don't know who else could do this job should it be needed. Will armed troops fill the streets and lock us all down in martial law in a pandemic? Doubtful. Possible? Maybe, but highly unlikely - unless you believe Hollywood has everything right in their films.

My biggest concern is that the US is relying so heavily on the future pandemic coming from Avian Flu that their forgetting other potential viruses. Remember SARS? That one small outbreak killed more than Avian Fly ever has. Yet SARS isn't #1 on the hit list - bird flu is.

That is likely going to be our downfall. Confidence in where the virus will come from, yet getting blindsided when it actually emerges somewhere else. Remember that the Spanish Flu in 1918-19 likely started in the American Midwest - not some 3rd World nation as they expect the next pandemic will start.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by leira7
Ever wonder if this Avian Flu is just another farfetched conspiracy theory? Well the Fed's are taking adequate measures to inform their employees about it.

I just happened to type in Avian Flu and N P S and I got THIS SITE

Mysteriously enough, the site isn't working anymore. Luckily I got a chance to save it as a PDF before it went down:

The particular strand that everyone seems to be talking about seems to be the same thing that the feds are talking about. Anyone think the theories and stories about it the Avian Flu are relevant? Or irrelevant?

S&F if you think I\'m on to something..

[edit on 14-4-2009 by leira7]

Nothing in the PDF says anything about humans.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
A Good Find!

However, how can we be 100 % sure that bird flu is the cause of human flu and that the claim that the Spanish Flu was a cross between human and bird is even true?

I have my doubts and believe this is just fear mongering.

Flu happens every year and every year people die from it, young and old, and it is NOT avian!

I believe that this link has been made simply as a scare tactic as if the Spanish Flu was indeed avaian transmuted into human flu, it would not just have died out and disappeard it would still have the NEW evolved virus and it would not simply have 'de-evolved' back into just human flu and just bird flu!

Is de- evolution also an invention of Big Pharma?

The whole thing sounds like a big Pharma lie to make 'loads - a - money'.....as per usual.

But that's just my opinion...for what it's worth!

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Kind of on-topic as related to content in the documents:

I have a question.... Some of these documents mention using an N-95 respirator to protect one-self....

Do you think these would be sufficient should some sort of influenza outbreak occur, or are you better with a 'proper' gas-mask type respirator? For the cost of just sticking a box somewhere it seems silly not to have the N95, but if its no good then I'd rather save the space....

Any thoughts?

EDIT : My bad, should have used the search form! link

[edit on 15/4/09 by AlwaysQuestion]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I don't think this is strange or unusual at all. A very close family member of mine is head of a department for a very large urban local authority here in the UK; for the past few years they have had periodic meetings and discussions about the potential for a large scale flu pandemic. They have had plans drawn up for a long time. Whilst I'm not sure about the exact details I know that they included plans for finding large numbers of refrigerated trucks to use as temporary morgues.

All large organisations in developed nations, and many big companies have such plans. Nothing sensational or suspicious at all - its just risk management and health and safety.

The interesting thing would be to see how well any of these planes are implimented in the worst case scenario of a massive pandemic.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Nice find, DHS is also being very secretive about there operations with Avian Flu. They have truckers transporting refrigerated materials to and from DHS compounds and also they have been lowered underground in their trucks. Something weird is going on right now.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow14
Nice find, DHS is also being very secretive about there operations with Avian Flu. They have truckers transporting refrigerated materials to and from DHS compounds and also they have been lowered underground in their trucks. Something weird is going on right now.

There is no proof. The only proof is from some anonymous caller named Mary. There are no pictures or documents and the whole story really doesnt mesh. Like using independent mexican drivers. Come on!

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
i remember getting into an argument with a housewife in uni classes a few years ago that had bought into the MSM story about the avian flu. She was as fervent as a few people here are, interrupting class to insist that we all get our flu vaccinations because there was a 90% mortality rate.

I really wish that I had thought to inform her that a standard flu vaccine wouldn't have counted for peanuts against it if it really had become widespread, instead I laughed at her and made the class think I'm a jerk.

regardless, the strong will survive.

edit: spelling

[edit on 15-4-2009 by Chilkoot]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I had to do some digging - and they noticed that we are on to them, so they transferred the PDF to keep prying eyes away... well BORNPATRIOT found it... again and here it is....

They are going to release it .... remember your NBC training and buy plenty of supplies to include a high quality chemical - biological resperator with enough filters to last a week or so... typically 7-14 days -- I would expect a bio terror attack sometime in late summer...
do not take any vaccinations as this maybe how they are going to control this Avian Flu.... they tested it and where able to contain it in ASIA... wheter or not it is a current threat... only they know.... but too much chatter about it to be of defensive nature... so it must be a offensive kind of plan they have going.... read it...

www.opm.gov...

new topics

top topics

join