It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO/Alien Skepticism - Let's get it out in the open

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gawdzilla
reply to post by Reevster

"Do the math....the question should be how long have they been visting, how many different kinds of races are there, how advanced are each different race, what does each different race want with us.. I could go on.."

Doing the math involves knowing the variables. If you have all the variables of the Drake Equation nailed down, about 50,000 astronomers would like to speak with you.

Knowing the variables? Give me a break, you dont need variables when your dealing with billions of gallaxies , or Trillions even, thats just the human brain trying to cope with the shear scale of it all and file it neatly along side other rational, this is way beyond normal rational , it mind boggleing.
Try it , I mean really try and think about the amount of gallaxies then suns and finally planets....you cant do it, it makes your brain hurt...

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

"Knowing the variables? Give me a break, you dont need variables when your dealing with billions of gallaxies , or Trillions even, thats just the human brain trying to cope with the shear scale of it all and file it neatly along side other rational, this is way beyond normal rational , it mind boggleing."

Okay, so you don't want to know the variables. Your "math" is in question from the beginning.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Don't get me wrong, I truly believe that the UFO phenomena is very real...its just that the government works so damn hard to disprove any proof that might be factual, I just don't know where to stand. Its like fighting the last boss in a video game, even though you beat him and win it still will always be a video game...nothing stands.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolliday

"..its just that the government works so damn hard to disprove any proof that might be factual, I just don't know where to stand."

So, tell us, what has the government covered up. [popcorn moment]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gawdzilla

"Knowing the variables? Give me a break, you dont need variables when your dealing with billions of gallaxies , or Trillions even, thats just the human brain trying to cope with the shear scale of it all and file it neatly along side other rational, this is way beyond normal rational , it mind boggleing."

Okay, so you don't want to know the variables. Your "math" is in question from the beginning.

Thats a one liner....

Do the math may have been a poor choice of words I suppose, ok maybe get you head around it may have been better...
Did you get your brain to hurt yet? just curious...

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

When you see skepticism like this, just look to my signature for sheer joy.

I mean honestly, everything doesn't need a explanation we can understand, right?

Haha.....

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Gawdzilla

This post isn't about government cover ups, it's about skeptics who don't believe there are intelligently controlled craft capable of anti gravity and tremendous speeds.

And if any of the skeptics would mind looking at the end of Page 1, I'd be honored.

[edit on 15-4-2009 by Revolution-2012]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012

I mean honestly, everything doesn't need a explanation we can understand, right?

Haha.....

No dont laugh , tell me how many suns then planets are in billions or trillions of gallaxies, Think about it , really think. Oh how easy it is to laugh away something when we cant get brain around it.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Haha.....

Thank you for making my point about comprehension. As my quote in your sig say, not everything has a explanation we can understand, it doesn't say "everything doesn't need a explanation we can understand." Do you understand the difference or should I slow down?

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

That is why people like Gawdzilla come up with stupid questions like he proposed to begin with, on a debate about Intelligent Design, he couldn't answer why a singular sub atomic particle ever even came into existence, he couldn't explain why it's infinite something instead of infinite nothing, there is some things they cannot have an answer for, and I think it's relatively funny he batters on you and I for making guesstimates on something that's more than likely.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

has to

Has to, as in, has to have a cup of water.

Not as in,

Has to, have an explanation for something we can't understand.

It does have to have an explanation we can understand.

Otherwise, you create a paradox. A circus of imagination. If it doesn't haven an explanation we can understand, then you say it doesn't, you don't say Why does it have to.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

That is why people like Gawdzilla come up with stupid questions like he proposed to begin with, on a debate about Intelligent Design, he couldn't answer why a singular sub atomic particle ever even came into existence, he couldn't explain why it's infinite something instead of infinite nothing, there is some things they cannot have an answer for, and I think it's relatively funny he batters on you and I for making guesstimates on something that's more than likely.

Thank you again, but really, I don't need your help with this. You've proved that you can't support ID, you can't read well, and you dodge the topic. Then you set up strawmen for your own entertainment.

Now, can you tell me what's so hard about the concept I present, and you happily replicate in your signature?

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I'm sure I can read just as good as you cowboy, otherwise I wouldn't be making logical points. I wouldn't be writing, and I obviously wouldn't have viable resources for means to hold a debate, trying to deconstruct what I say and not use it for means to support an argument is your own inability to read.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I'm sure I can read just as good as you cowboy, otherwise I wouldn't be making logical points. I wouldn't be writing, and I obviously wouldn't have viable resources for means to hold a debate, trying to deconstruct what I say and not use it for means to support an argument is your own inability to read.

So, that's a "No" on the signature then.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Given the fact in a few seconds if not already by now another post has made it's way to this thread, Gawdzilla, I and everyone else who would enjoy a intelligent conversation would respect it if I and you stick to the OP, and not babble about our own lovely feud, and sorry for stirring up the fire, I just find it sometimes that skeptics contradict themselves, from time to time, and it found relevance twice in this post, and it's done, no more of it, I'd respect it very much if you could read my post on page 1, at the bottom, and respond to that.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Given the fact in a few seconds if not already by now another post has made it's way to this thread, Gawdzilla, I and everyone else who would enjoy a intelligent conversation would respect it if I and you stick to the OP, and not babble about our own lovely feud, and sorry for stirring up the fire, I just find it sometimes that skeptics contradict themselves, from time to time, and it found relevance twice in this post, and it's done, no more of it, I'd respect it very much if you could read my post on page 1, at the bottom, and respond to that.

I'd like it if you'd respond to my question instead of deflecting.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Listen, my signature is a perfect example of a oxymoron, it contradicts it's self. Obviouslly everything needs a answer we can understand, IT HAS TO, otherwise we don't understand it. Making a smirk comment about something irrelevant to the question I originally asked is deflecting, a massive deflection, one of which created it's own oxymoron, much more simply put, you could of said you don't know why, you just believe that the universe is the way it is has and always will be, not a ridiculous statement proposing that things we don't understand don't need an explanation. The point being, you writing what you wrote, was illogical and deflection, as you could have said I DONT KNOW, and it would have never made my signature, because, saying you don't know is cut and dry.

Now, PLEASE, get back to the subject or I will wait until someone else does.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

WOW Gawdzilla, I didn't think you would reply to my response, but i guess you did. I have given you many stars recently because i felt that you are a true believer, but you needed more proof to finalize your beliefs. I now feel that you resemble more along the lines of Disinfo Agent more than a believer or a skeptic. You and I both know that the Gov is covering up a lot of info about anything that has to do with ufo's. If the US government is not hiding anything then why have they not realesed any files relating the subject. Other countries have released files recently but the US give us nothing. This is why i was saying they try so hard on covering up everything. Just look at our history and think for a moment...does the math add up.

[edit on 15-4-2009 by DocHolliday]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

You don't have a clue what my quote says. That's fine. I'll give you the last word, Mythbusters is on.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I am a believer in the possibility, perhaps even the probability of "others/visitors" cohabitating space with us humans. I think it possible that "they" might have been here on Earth before modern humanity, and equally possible that they originate from planets close to us. I think it's very possible some of the "others" live and were evolved upon this very planet. I think extra-dimensional entities are also possible. The list of things I KNOW regarding this subject are nonexistant.

I depend upon true sceptics to an extent. To me a sceptic isn't someone that doesn't believe in the possibility of something. That is a nonbeliever. The nonbeliever has their place as well, in the demographic of all that is human opinion. The sceptics are our friends, for they ideally employ reason that is closely tied to measurability, and is the antithesis of subjectivity. When evidence passes the test of all concerned parties, then it is valid evidence. If we can all look at something and conclude: "I don't know," then that is acceptible evidence.

I like the "fishy" test mentioned earlier. I think we sense patterns sometimes that aren't consciously apparent, and sometimes we feel strongly something is "off". Not a definative tool, but a useful variable in the analysis of evidence.

short answer: I believe in UFOs. My mind is open to both the proving and disproving of the phenomenon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join