It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Wants to Control Internet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Obama wants the power to be able to destroy the internet to prevent a "Cyber-Katrina"

(There are links to the working document here in the video description.
www.youtube.com... )

How is it possible to let someone control the internet?
We can't hand Obama the power to control the internet. If at one point the internet would be destroyed, than we'd have no place to talk on the kind of subjects we talk about on AboveTopSecret.

The only way to get information is on T.V or on the radio if the internet gets deleted.

After that, would you let Obama have the power to destroy Television Satellites so we can't watch T.V anymore?

Newspaper Companies are starting to go out of business too, so the only information we'd get is from rumors. And those aren't reliable sources.

I'm just warning, we can't let anyone control the internet or Internet Service Providers. Or we could have a sharp decline in the way information get's out to the public.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
They are starting to control all the media.
They have had hollywood for a long time, printed media has always been in the pocket of the elite and now the internet is on the list.

Control all the media and people cannot decide which is fact and what is fiction.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Truthfully the government has had there hands in some of the internet goings on now for some time. I am surprised that you are just finding out about some of it. Stormpay, was under investigation about 2 years ago. About 3.5 Million dollars was stolen from peoples bank accounts by the US government. The government stated that it may be money that was used by terrorists. All of it sent out through stormpay an online payment processor. Yet the government made peoples bank accounts go in the red and were never held accountable for it.

They then told people online they couldnt invest money in certain companies, like surfing for cash, MLMs, and many other companies. Including Paid to read sites. this meant many folks that were making money online were no longer making cash.

I guess Uncle Sam wanted his part of the cash big time. And thats just a small drop in the bucket there was many web sites they closed down, and many bank accounts they closed up. As well as Pay pal accounts that are being frozen by the government all the time, just because they have more then $1000 in them.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Am I delusional or didnt the government create the internet through DARPA. It was created for research and to have a communication network that had could reroute traffic in the event of war.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by pmbhuntress

Wow I never knew this. That is scary! I dont have any pay accounts online but still this is not good. I like the internet because I can find real information on it versus TV. I dont like the news on TV because it isnt really news to me it's just celebrities and BS.
I use to be really in to the whole celebrity gossip scene and now I look at it and think why did I ever even care, there are more important things to worry about than how many kids Angelina Jolie has..lol I use the internet more for reading the news and finding out what is really going on and I dont want that to change. TV to me anymore is all made up mostly.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Yeah it is very scary. They had it on our local news here in North Carolina about a lady that had over $50,000 removed from here bank account. The worst part is that she had to then take out a loan because she only had $20,000 in her bank account. But the government was the ones that did it through stormpay. I personally lost over $1200 through Paypal. For no reason, and my leason was learned. But I have to say the Rich keep getting Richer and the Poor keep getting more poor. But I know better now then to use online payment processors or if I use them I cash out at $20 and have it go to a green dot debit card.

But yeah we get monitored and told what to do with our money. In fact The government closed down a place a while ago that was selling heirloom seeds online. So that should tell you something. I was told years ago that even yahoo messages are monitored. I hope they are not especially the old ones when my ex use to try and talk very nasty on there. But if they were monitored then someones face got pretty red. including mine.

top topics

join