It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Consumer Reviews

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
OK I search around BTS and I don't think anyone has posted this yet,so here goes nothing! It's not a cool website I don't think,but it does look pretty useful.

TopConsumerReviews.com

Their company profile says this

TopConsumerReviews.com is an independent organization dedicated to bringing you unbiased reviews of the top products available for online purchase today. As a proud member of the Better Business Bureau, we support honesty and fairness throughout the business community. Headquartered in the heart of the midwest, our expert reviewers live throughout the country. This model helps ensure that we avoid any regional bias in our reviews, while giving us the ability to recognize product trends in different parts of the country. We take pride in the service we provide for you, and treat our responsibilities very seriously. We hope you see that reflected in the quality of the information you find on our site.

From the looks of it they basically have expert reviewers reviewing different consumer products and rate them.
I wasn't sure if I could trust this site,but then I noticed they had a seal(near the top-left corner) from bbb.org(Better Business Bureau). Clicking on that seal will lead you to this.

To me the reviews that caught my attention the most was their reviews for "HGH" and "Paid Surveys".

I think they could be trust-worthy.What do you guys/gals think?

[edit on 14-4-2009 by tormentor]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I wouldn't put them on a par with Consumer Reports. It looks like their database of reviewed items is relatively sparse. Which isn't "bad", just not all that valuable.

From an impartiality perspective, I'm not thrilled there's a click-through option to purchase the items they're reviewing. Again, not necessarily "evil" but suspect.

Of course, if they're giving away the info, they've got to generate revenue somehow.

Probably nothing wrong with using the site as one place to get some info, as long as you're using other avenues to validate the info. As far as I'm concerned, Consumer Reports is still the Gold Standard. And more than likely available at your local Public Library. extra DIV

new topics

join