It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA Admits to UFO's

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I was skipping around this thread just now and found this:

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by king9072

FEMA did not come up with the "plan". One of the pair of authors of the book did. They one who had a strong belief in aliens.

It was from spending too many years as a "smoke-eater" it makes you goofy. All you do is suck apparatus exhaust or toxic fumes from getting to close to structure fires without your SCBA.

Couple that with too many years of adrenaline rushing so much you feel your heartbeat in your helmet and you'd get goofy too.

Then about 1/4 of traffic doesn't pull over and you get crazy too. Would all you good folks when you see the red lights and strobes in your rear view mirror and hear the siren please pull over? It makes my hair turn gray.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
So those who are looking for a smoking gun, what would that evidence have to be? We could get an alien on CNN doing an interview and it would be simply discredited as CGI. The government could come out and say we have aliens, but then skeptics would just say, "well they've lied to us already, im sure this is one too". You could have a close encounter yourselves and it must have been because someone spiked your lunch with magic mushrooms. I dont think there will ever be a "smoking gun" in UFOlogy, its been 62 years since Roswell and we are still making baby steps, its progress, no matter how slow or fast. No matter the evidence.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

So what are you saying, the guy is crazy and untrustworthy because his brain has been addled from years in the fireservice? LOL. Have you gone back and looked at he guys credentials? He's not your ordinary firefighter, that's for sure.

(I have been informed your comments were probably sarcasm - we need a sarcasm smilie LOL. That might be useful, as that way some members might not need to write actual text ever again. Where has Gawdzilla/Savior gone anyway? )

[edit on 14-4-2009 by Malcram]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcram

i think LONEGUNMAN is a fireman

and he was speaking tounge in cheek

now 30 more la's

not attacking the author

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I already know the government was hiding something since WWII Nazis made a UFO Gyropod ship of some sort and they left it at a hangar somewhere in Germany before getting caught by the Allies.But FEMA firefighters trained to do that man thats one serious cover-up.And that in 2020 they will tell us about Roswell and everything they hid from us.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
*Waves a flare back and forth*

This is not the official belief of FEMA or the International Firefighters Association. One author got all crazy and it got published.

Read my above post about how Firefighters get all nutty.
/jk

Hmmm...LGM seems no one is listening. Oh crap now I'm talking to myself. See Firefighters are crazy...

Maybe semperfortis can come here and pull this thread over and ticket it?

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malcram

He's not your ordinary firefighter, that's for sure.

Nope he is what we call a "Super Firefighter"!

You are either a Firefighter or an officer. You can tell by the color of the helmet. We wear yellow or black and they wear red or white.

I wanted a blue one but I couldn't get it.

Anyway I am Incident Command certified, Firefighter 1&2 Cert, Haz Mat Cert, Wildland Fire Cert, Advanced vehicle extrication Cert, and an EMT.

I don't know...I have a few more I cant remember.

I don't have that not your ordinary Firefighter certification yet though. How do I get that one? Do they have that class out in California?\

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   

In my younger days (maybe dumber) I was part of the mine rescue team

It was a buzz , fighting fires in the pitch dark, except for the fire of course

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   

As I say, read his credentials both in and out of the fire service.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Seany

That would be a bit tight. I bet you didnt see any aliens or ufo's either unless they were burning.

We cant see in most structure fires either except the fire itself until we get it ventilated enough. We cut a hole in the roof and set up gasoline powered fans in the doors or windows. That clears it out pretty good.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

no aliens , (lots of crazy frenchmen, i think that counts ) just a lot of foam,

foam , foam, and more foam,

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malcram

As I say, read his credentials both in and out of the fire service. Your comments seem rather redundant in that light.

You wouldnt think they were redundant if your dog was on fire stuck in a car out in the middle of the woods next to some toxic waste. I could on a good day save that doggies life.

On a bad day though you may have to shop for another pooch.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Wrong.

Here's a case where this book was used by the Ney York Fire Department.

In order to prevent mass casualties, the FDNY is often involved in mass evacuations of civilians from dangerous zones. While the NYPD and occasionally military personnel are involved in evacuations, it is the fire department usually providing expertise and direction. Fires in occupied buildings frequently require removal of the occupants. In addition to building evacuations, firefighters are often involved in the removal of people from entire city blocks - and on September 11, 2001, the island of Manhattan itself. Because of the risk of hazardous material incidents like the runaway locomotive, as well as the reality of living in a post 9/11 world, communities must maintain a constant state of preparedness. A key to preparedness is having an emergency evacuation plan.

This was in 2004.

WHAT DID THEY USE?

Much of the following information is from FEMA's "Fire Officer's Guide to Disaster Control" and the National Fire Academy's "Disaster and Fire Defense Planning." The National Response Team (NRT) produced the "Hazardous Materials Emergency Planning Guide", a product of the cooperative efforts of the 14 federal agencies that constitute the NRT.

www.disaster-resource.com...

FEMA'S FIRE OFFICER'S GUIDE TO DISASTER CONTROL.

Why do people act like this is nothing? It would be smarter to just say you don't agree with it.

When you try to belittle the material it makes no sense.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

LOL. Well it hasn't affected your sense of humour. I am sure you are an excellent firefighter. My point was...well read the guys resume.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by platosallegory

Oh come on!

I was not saying we dont use the book! We dont use the edition from 1992. Except in some parts of Montana... /jk again.

We go by FEMA guidelines...ALL departments. We just have new copies.

Edit to add: Look what you made me do, I had to whip out my batman avatar. See he is looking right at you....stare into his eyes.

Somebody stop me! Well except semper he has a gun or two.

[edit on 14-4-2009 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by platosallegory

Much of the following information is from FEMA's "Fire Officer's Guide to Disaster Control"

www.disaster-resource.com...

FEMA'S FIRE OFFICER'S GUIDE TO DISASTER CONTROL.

Why do people act like this is nothing? It would be smarter to just say you don't agree with it.

When you try to belittle the material it makes no sense.

Sorry I just had to quote that. Repetition for emphasis.

So, just to be clear, that's "FEMA's "Fire Officer's Guide to Disaster Control""

OK, I think I've got it. But someone may need to remind me - frequently.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I still would like definite proof on this alleged omission of this chapter in later editions and exactly when that occurred. Not that it really changes anything if that is the case.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcram

we have a problem

we chased the 3 skeptics away

after I passed Phage the tin-foil, he never returned....

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Seany

They will be in other threads, acting like this never happened. Cognitive Dissonance is a condition that the uber-skeptics have learned to live with

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seany

after I passed Phage the tin-foil, he never returned....

I bet it looks damn good on him and now he is off finding a date.

To the people that brought up The nations finest FDNY in using the FEMA guideline.

They are using the newest edition, They can afford it they have great FEMA grants. They even have cool equipment, and big ladder trucks.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join