It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA Admits to UFO's

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcram

I don't know. In my State, each city has it's own fire department. As far as I know, that's as high as the authority goes. I don't know who determines what books get purchased. What difference does it make as to why the book may be purchased? You understand that there is a lot more to the book than how to deal with an alien invasion, right?

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Seany

Indeed, I think the simple label "retired firefighters" is more than a little misleading given these men's credentials.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcram

That is why I asked twice (without getting any answer) where FEMA is in all this, from what I have seen, now and on previous threads about this, this book is not an official book in any form, but I think there was a ATS member that is a firefighter and that remembered the book.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I think it matters a great deal. And yes, of course I realize it covers a lot more than dealing with UFO's and ETs. I'd hope it does! LOL.

[edit on 14-4-2009 by Malcram]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Why are so many people ready to deny UFO existence..what are you afraid of..do you really that for thousands of years all of the sightings are from idiots..There are many things you do not know about FEMA..this is just one of the many things people do not get..

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

(this from what info I can find)
I think it should also be noted that the original edition did not include this chapter. Which would have made more sense back then (1952) being closer to the time of the radio war of the worlds event (1938?). However since this was published in '92 I see zero relevance of mentioning war of the world.

With video / television world news etc. I find it hard to believe that this could be pulled off.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
"Originally posted by booky
Why are so many people ready to deny UFO existence..what are you afraid of..do you really that for thousands of years all of the sightings are from idiots..There are many things you do not know about FEMA..this is just one of the many things people do not get.. "

www.greatdreams.com...

there is the link they want

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I'm sure we can find out. It will just take some time.

What do we know about the fire services relationship to FEMA, if any?

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by PowerSlave

Nor did subsequent editions include the chapter:

It appears that the authors did indeed pay attention to ideas and recommendations. In succeeding editions of The Fire Officer’s Guide to Disaster Control, all information on malevolent alien UFOs has been removed.
www.dbskeptic.com...

The War of the Worlds reference was to indicate how even just the threat of an invasion (alien or otherwise) can cause panic in the populace. Fire fighters are among the first to be called out in such a case. The text makes this quite clear.

[edit on 4/14/2009 by Phage]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

www.greatdreams.com...

there is your reference to FEMA

gotta babble a bit more

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Seany

"This manual is a national guide used by many local fire officials in disaster planning, and it is also approved by FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Act). With all of the denial by official military channels of the reality of UFOs, it surprises us to see that a manual with so much information would even broach the subject of UFOs in such an "official" way."

www.greatdreams.com...

It doesn't surprise me chapter 13 was removed after receiving public attention. But I don't doubt they still have other ways of prepping the services for such eventualities.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcram

Funny, you show the link that the SKEPTICS demanded would be the smoking gun , and they turn tail and run.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Yes this is an official book connected to FEMA about UFO's.

FEMA has to approve the content and if they thought the subject was wrong for the book they would have pulled it by now.

This was covered on ABC News.

This is another article that talks about the book:

In order to prevent mass casualties, the FDNY is often involved in mass evacuations of civilians from dangerous zones. While the NYPD and occasionally military personnel are involved in evacuations, it is the fire department usually providing expertise and direction. Fires in occupied buildings frequently require removal of the occupants. In addition to building evacuations, firefighters are often involved in the removal of people from entire city blocks - and on September 11, 2001, the island of Manhattan itself. Because of the risk of hazardous material incidents like the runaway locomotive, as well as the reality of living in a post 9/11 world, communities must maintain a constant state of preparedness. A key to preparedness is having an emergency evacuation plan.

WHERE DID THEY GET THE INFO TO PREPARE FOR EVACUATIONS?

Much of the following information is from FEMA's "Fire Officer's Guide to Disaster Control" and the National Fire Academy's "Disaster and Fire Defense Planning." The National Response Team (NRT) produced the "Hazardous Materials Emergency Planning Guide."

www.disaster-resource.com...

What's included in the Fire Officers Guide to Disaster Control?

• Disaster planning
• Historical lessons
• Organizational structure & incident command
• Resource management & augmentation
• Training & preparation
• Communications & information management
• Catastrophic fires
• Civil disorders & riots
• Weather-related natural disasters
• Terrain-based natural disasters
• Transportation disasters
• Hazardous materials incidents
• ENEMY ATTACK & UFO POTENTIAL
• Mass casualties and mass evacuation
• Aftermath and recovery
• Glossary
• Appendices

www.stevequayle.com...

I think when people try to belittle these things because UFO's are included it makes their argument look very weak.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
From the "Firefigher's Guide for Disaster Control" (the last paragraph contains references to eyewitness accounts of the "Battle of LA"). Interesting too, are the authors comments about the attitudes of the military, given their military record:

"UFO DISCUSSION--WHY NOW?

The subject of UFOs (Unidentified Flying Objects) was not included in
previous editions of this book. The first edition was the Handbook of
Disaster Control which Chuck personally published in 1952 following
his release from active naval duty in the Korean War. Although his
services in the conflict as Security Coordinator for the Chief of
Naval Operations involved the creation of a worldwide disaster
control organization for the protection of the physical properties of
the Navy
, it must be admitted that the directives approved for this
new organization did not reflect any significant concern for a flying
saucer threat to its shore establishment. That was in the 1950s. Now
that we are in the 1990s it is doubtful that the UFO potential would
be brushed off so lightly by our military security forces.
This
change of attitude was evidenced as far back as December 24, 1959,
when the Inspector General of the Air Force issued the following
Operations and Training Order: "Unidentified Flying Objects--
sometimes treated lightly by the press and referred to as 'Flying
Saucers'--must be rapidly and accurately identified as serious Air
Force business...."(36)...

Chuck's interest in UFOs commenced during the early morning hours of August 26,1942, while he was roller skating from his house to the
nearest fire station a few blocks away; the wail of sirens had
signaled his recall to fire duty, and with the stringent blackout
orders in effect. driving was not wise; besides, it was much more
exciting to be out in the open where he could see the spectacular
aerial "fireworks" that filled the heavens all around him. Few
residents of the U.S. had ever experienced a real or imaginary
invasion of UFOs like that which occurred in what has become known as
"The Los Angeles Air Raid of 1942." The Army announced the approach
of hostile aircraft and the city's air raid warning system went into
effect for the first time in World War II. The defense to this
"attack" is described in dramatic terms in the opening paragraph of
this chapter.

But what enemy had been routed? No one ever knew. All the fire
fighters saw in the sky were the 15 or 20 moving "things" which
seemed to change course at great speed apparently unaffected by the
flak from bursting shells all around them. Rumors that one had been
shot down were never verified, nor was the explanation that these zig-
zagging invaders were weather balloons ever taken seriously.
In any
event, for Chuck, that unforgettable episode aroused a continuing
interest in UFOs, rivalling his professional fields of law and fire
protection. The fact that he subsequently was a member of a group
whose sighting of a flight of UFOs was authenticated by airport radar
helped to sustain that interest
."

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcram

some very good info in the last 3 postings, Id like the 2 skeptics, Phauge and Artmap to review that stuff

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gawdzilla
This information is several years old. FEMA develops protocols for the unknown. Doesn't mean there are UFOs, just that they have a protocol in case one turns up. Seriously, do you expect the government to publish a smoking gun?

Only read page 1 but I disagree.

Why spend the time and effort coming up with a plan that has NEVER happened according to official history?

Do they have a plan for if one of their officers spontaneously combusts while theyre eating dinner at the hall? Cause surely thats never happened, but hey it's technically 'possible' right?

Theres no way in hell they would produce that part of the book if there was a zero possibility.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcram

Yeah, I saw that. I thought there was supposed to be one, giant, slow moving UFO. Seems he is contributing yet another conflicting eyewitness report of the Battle of Los Angeles. They also got the date wrong, BTW.

Whether or not FEMA approved the book (not sure Paranormal Net is an authority) is not really germane to this being an "admission" of the existence of aliens. As I said, there is a lot more to the book than this single chapter. Why throw out the bathwater with the baby?

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I get the point of the reference to war of the worlds. My point was that it was an irrelevant point to make in 1992.

As for the "skeptic" site you linked with this information. I find it interesting, but certainly not surprising that a skeptic would attempt a low keyed discredit attempt at the author just because he may have differing views (in this case believing in the possibility of aliens). showing a quote related to hubbard is just that, an attempt to say... hey look at this guy, and who he is associated with, he must be looney.

This is what happens when you let the views of one person override a consensus. It’s one thing to fight for a cause in the face of adversity. It’s a completely different thing to insert those views where they just don’t belong.

And this of course is a purely subjective comment. So the author may believe there is a chance of alien encounters, big deal. I am not convinced the concensus is what this guy is suggesting. What is wrong with being prepared for anything, no matter how likely or unlikely?

I have to wonder what actually transpired to have this chapter removed. I am willing to bet it had more to do with drawing too much attention then anything else.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

FEMA did not come up with the "plan". One of the pair of authors of the book did. They one who had a strong belief in aliens.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Not really, you realize that people will see different things from different positions at different times, and just because there were a number of zig zagging UFO's doesn't mean there wasn't ALSO a giant UFO to be seen over certain parts of the LA skyline at certain times? You're smart Phage, you know this. So, I'm not sure why you would raise such a weak objection.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join