It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA Admits to UFO's

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcram

An answer consists of a response to a question. Like the answer to "Why would FEMA publish a smoking gun?"

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Gawdzilla

And you received an answer. What are you confused about? I'm sure everyone else can see it. But just for you, here it is again, abridged, numbered and dumbed down:

They would publish it because.

1. The information needs to be disseminated to people like firefighters because UFO's and ETs are a reality they occasionally do face and may well have to face in the future.

2. A program of gradual disclosure. Things like this are indirect admissions of the ETH. They can be "cooled" with denial if the interested response is considered too great, but they serve gently and gradually to prepare a population for the reality of ET contact.

3. There is no such thing as a "smoking gun" anyway, to those who are not willing to be reasonable. Black can be argued to be white and this "smoking gun" can be explained away using lies and distortion - as it always is - and those not paying attention or who are biased against the ETH will be quick to accept it, despite it being absurd. Happens here every day.

That's why. Need, a program of gradual disclosure, coupled with the ability to talk their way out of anything, no matter what the facts, if they ever feel the need.

[edit on 14-4-2009 by Malcram]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by platosallegory
Exactly, does the Navy have a plan in case ships run into the Loch Ness monster?
Probably not, the Loch Ness is not open to the sea.

Now, can someone tell me why are people talking about FEMA?

What is the relation between FEMA and this book?

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcram

What's "gradual" about publishing a book with instructions on how to deal with aliens? You are stretching a point to quantum-loop limits here.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Well tell me, do we have every news channel around the world hailing this as world shattering information? Do we have neighbours knocking on our doors in the middle of the night excitedly talking about the firefighters manual with instructions on dealing with ETs? No. So it's gradual. The effect is gradual, and those who allow such things to be published know that very well. And as I said, they know they can "cool" any situation anyway.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcram

Sorry, that's just bosh. First, nobody's found any aliens. Second, publishing a chapter on how to deal with aliens would be a smoking gun, for sure, really, the BIG ONE. So why would they?

You guys really are ALL-ON/ALL-OFF, aren't you? No moderation, no hesitation, just fall in love with whatever comes along.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malcram

And you received an answer. What are you confused about? I'm sure everyone else can see it. But just for you, here it is again, abridged, numbered and dumbed down:

They would publish it because.

1. The information needs to be disseminated to people like firefighters because UFO's and ETs are a reality they occasionally do face and may well have to face in the future.

2. Gradual disclosure. Things like this are indirect admissions of the ETH. They can be "cooled" with denial if the interested response is considered too great, but they serve gently and gradually to prepare a population for the reality of ET contact.

3. There is no such thing as a "smoking gun" anyway, to those who are not willing to be reasonable. Black can be argued to be white and this "smoking gun" can be explained away using lies and distortion - as it always is - and those not paying attention or who are biased against the ETH will be quick to accept it, despite it being absurd. Happens here every day.

That's why. Need, a program of gradual disclosure, coupled with the ability to talk their way out of anything, no matter what the facts, if they ever feel the need.

Good post.

The truth is there will never be a smoking gun for most skeptics and debunkers.

The government really shouldn't fear discolsure because the so called skeptics and debunkers will explain it away no matter what's presented.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by platosallegory

"The government really shouldn't fear discolsure because the so called skeptics and debunkers will explain it away no matter what's presented. "

Too bad there's not more of a challenge to that. That bright light in the night sky? Is it an alien spacecraft or the Moon? Maybe we better wait a few eons to see, no need for hasty calls on that.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
chapter 13? hmm sounds sorta mason-y maybe there trying to get everyone prepped for the hoax alien invasion so they can depopulate the planet...

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gawdzilla

Sorry, that's just bosh. First, nobody's found any aliens.

I disagree. But, what on earth does that have to do with them preparing firefighters for the scenario of having to encounter and even treat ETs?

Second, publishing a chapter on how to deal with aliens would be a smoking gun, for sure, really, the BIG ONE. So why would they?

I already answered this fully. And again your question makes no sense unless you are disupting what has been written in the manual, which you evidently are not, not even that FEMA published it.

Your question should be, in that case not "why would they", but "why have they?"

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gawdzilla

"The government really shouldn't fear discolsure because the so called skeptics and debunkers will explain it away no matter what's presented. "

Too bad there's not more of a challenge to that. That bright light in the night sky? Is it an alien spacecraft or the Moon? Maybe we better wait a few eons to see, no need for hasty calls on that.

This post shows you havn't looked at this subject very well.

UFO doesn't mean that the people who see these things don't describe what they are seeing.

There's descriptions of motherships moving slowly accross the sky seen by multiple witnesses and people seeing humanoid looking beings.

If you think all the evidence is just "lights in the sky" then your not looking at the evidence.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I don't know how FEMA enters into this. It just seems to be a book for firefighters, nothing official about it.
www.amazon.com...

It's called being prepared for any eventuality. That, and one of the authors has a strong interest in UFO's.

In this chapter we will now turn our attention to the very real threat posed by Unidentified Flying Objects (UFOs), whether they exist or not. The well-documented and highly publicized War of the Worlds radio drama by Orson Welles shows how even a perceived existence to alien creatures can cause very real disaster-like conditions and panic among a given populace. In addition, if the apparent visits by alien beings and their space vehicles should pose any type of threat, it will, as always, be the fire service that is called upon to provide the first line of life-saving defense and disaster mitigation.

With no intention of trying to prove or disprove the authenticity of the numerous UFO encounters often related by very credible witnesses including airline and military pilots, astronauts, police officers, fire fighters, members of Congress, and even a U.S. President, the balance of this chapter will present a brief history and nature of UFOs and their alleged occupants; their widespread sightings over the globe since ancient times; their appearance, propulsion origin, and possible motives for continuing reconnaissance.

Throughout this book, many of the references to actual events are based on the experiences of both of the authors. However, in this area of UFOs and their potential, we are relying largely on the research and experiences of Charles Bahme.

www.v-j-enterprises.com...

[edit on 4/14/2009 by Phage]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

"This post shows you havn't looked at this subject very well. "

Everybody jumps to conclusions. I helped my wife prepare for her Ph.D. by researching UFOs. Several hundred books on the subject. Have YOU ever read the entire Blue Book report?

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I think the point may be, how does such a manual come to be in firehouses "across the US"?

For instance, school text books are often published independently, but certain ones become part of the syllabus decided by the education system and so become "required reading".

Who decided that this manual should appear in firehouses, and why? See what I mean?

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   

I think Plato was just giving you the benefit of the doubt: that you were simply uninformed rather than deliberately dishonest in your misrepresentations of the evidence.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcram

"I think the point may be, how does such a manual come to be in firehouses? "

Did you miss the post where it was pointed out that the book was written by two retired firemen? Strange stuff to find in a firehouse, that.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Why didn't you quote and respond to the rest of my post? It is apparently "found in firehouses across the US". There is clearly more to look into here. Don't you think?

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcram

If you use the link that Phauge supplied , you'll see the creditials of the authors of this manual, this is not written by 2 guys with spare time, these guys have just TOO many to list

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Seany

And one of them had a very strong interest in UFO's and aliens. The one who wrote the chapter in question .
Again, this is not an "official" publication.

[edit on 4/14/2009 by Phage]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

But is it's use "official"?

Is it just happenstance that it appears in firehouses across the US, or is it "required reading" or there by official decree?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join