It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Well, put the shoe on the other foot. What if the US government decided not to send a ambassador or even speak to a vatican representative at all because the current policy is pro-choice, so we won't deal with anyone who has a different opinion. Send me someone who agrees with me only. Not very tolerant view is it.
My problem is there are many catholics who are pro-choice and maybe they would like the next ambassador to the vatican to represent them.
Originally posted by Rockpuck
When dealing with entities such as the Catholic Church, your job is to appease, not demand.
This person does not represent American Catholics, that's the job of Cardinals.. the job of this ambassador would be to communicate for the Administration, which is not Catholic by any means.
Originally posted by FreeSpeaker
Excuse me, did I hear you say its our job to appease the vatican?
Originally posted by FlyersFan
All US ambassadors to all countries have to be diplomatic and have to be aware of the cultures and the way things are done in the countries that they are ambassadors to. In some respect ALL ambassadors (and visiting politicians) are making concessions. It's part of being diplomatic. It doesn't go to policy .. it goes to open dialog.
Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by Fremd
If the Pope did not wanted the US then they would break diplomatic ties, like countries do.
You're welcome, I can state the obvious whenever you need it.
Originally posted by Fremd
wow, thank you for stating the obvious
My point is that someone cares enough to send ambassadors to the Vatican, so, those who have the power to nominate and send ambassadors care.
my point is "who cares" It's the pope!
I think some people consider that he does represent Christ and/or a faith.
If this is a matter of religion, then we shouldnt be concerned because the pope is a man who does not represent Christ or any other faith.
If it's not a matter of religion then it's a matter of politics, and that is, probably, why they care.
If this isnt a matter of religion, then we shouldnt be concerned because....it's the pope!!
Here is just some examples that demonstrate the problem of child abuse among jews and their rabbis:
(1) Rabbi Sidney Goldenberg, formerly of Petaluma’s Congregation B’nai Israel accused of sexually molesting a 12-year-old female student. (Feb 21, 1997)
(2) Rabbi Shlomo Carlebach with his non-ending stories of sexual molestation. (Spring 1998)
(3) Rabbi Baruch Lanner was revered in the Orthodox Union youth group despite he was accused of molesting more than 20 girls. (June 23, 2000)
(4) Rabbi Richard Marcovitz who was arrested for groping two girls and two young women at a Jewish day school. (May 3, 2002)
(5) Rabbi Matis Weinberg accused of molesting his yeshiva students for over 25 years. (August 22, 2003)
(6) Rabbi Yehuda Kolko who is accused in two sexual-abuse lawsuits.
(7) Rabbi Ephraim Bryks.
(8) Rabbi Arie Adler.
(9) Rabbi Yona Metzger who sexually harassed four men of various agesfour men of various ages and from various sectors of society.
(10) Rabbi Solomon Hafner who sexually abused a developmentally disabled boy during private tutoring sessions.
(11) Rabbi/Psychologist Avrohom Mondrowitz who faced deportation to U.S. on charges of molesting children.
(12) Rabbi Max Zucker.
(13) Rabbi and Child Psychiatric Alan J. Horowitz of Schenectady, New York was sentenced to ten to twenty years in prison for sodomizing a nine-year-old psychiatric patient the previous year.
(14) Rabbi Israel Grunwald and his assistant, Yehudah Friedlander were charged with sexually abusing a 15-year old girl on a flight from Australia to Los Angeles.
(15) Rabbi David Schwartz and his sexual molestation of a 4-year- old boy.
(16) Rabbi Avraham Asher sexually harassed and assaulted six ultra-Orthodox youths between the ages of 14 and 16.
(17) Rabbi Yaakov Weiner.
(18) Rabbi Israel Kestenbaum.
(19) Rabbi Mordechai Willig.
(20) Cantor Phillip Wittlin.
(21) Rabbi Yaakov Weiner who abused a 10-year-old boy.
(22) Rabbi/Yeshiva Teacher Ze’ev Sultanovitch.
(23) Rabbi Michael Ozair.
(24) Cantor Howard Nevison.
(25) Rabbi Juda Mintz.
(26) Rabbi Jerrold M. Levy.
(27) Grade School Rabbi, in Chicago.
(28) The State of Israel Vs.Sex Offender.
(29) Rabbi Sidney Goldenberg.
(30) Rabbi Mordechai Yomtov.
(31) Cantor Philip Wittilin.
(32) Rabbi Isaac Goldenberg.
Last week, Melvin Keeling, 43, a black pedophile "minister" in a Baptist church, went on a rampage in the Midwest and murdered three innocent women, one of them a shy, pretty 13-year-old white teenager who was cooperating with police in a child sex abuse investigation against him. Numerous complaints had been filed against Keeling, a minister in the Tri-State Baptist Church, for twice raping and otherwise inflicting "gross sexual imposition" on a friend of Katelind Caudill, 13, who lived with her grandmother next door to the savage monster.