It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police to probe 'woman assault'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Police to probe 'woman assault'

news.bbc.co.uk

The Metropolitan Police said video footage on YouTube which appears to show an officer hitting a woman during the G20 protests would be examined.

The footage shows the woman swearing at a police officer who then appears to hit her in the face on 1 April.

The officer also apparently strikes the woman on the leg with his baton.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 4/15/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Don't know if anyone has seen this, but it just gets worse for the Police!! The more people hear about the tactics they use, and the "justified" violence the are allowed to use, the better!! The amount of my friends who thought the crowd were the trouble makers, and now ahve changed teir point of view is quite astounding!

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 4/15/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
yeah ive seen it, he's a proper little gestapo jobbie he is.
It's good that all this evidence is coming out, esp as they would've taken the footage/camera from you if they could have.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
dirty pigs.

I am really sure that all of that was neccessary to do whatever the cop was trying to achieve?
I mean come on, what good does that do? It only pisses people off more.
Cops are getting worse and worse each and every day.
I hope this pig gets what is comming to him.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I know it "appears" that the woman is "getting in his face", but for crying out loud, aren't they trained to deal with this? It was as if they were told, do what you want, no one will believe the protesters! I've been bought up to believe its wrong to strike a woman, obviously the Police don't obey such morals!!

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Look at his situation though.

There are a handfull of police Surrounded by protestors that are beligerent angry, disorderly, and on the verge of violence.

Then this women comes up and grabs the police officer, he shoves her away, she comes back and he probably instinctly slaps her, she backs away then comes back at him again, were he gives her time to leave, but she doesn't then he hits her in the leg.

It's a scary position for a cop, imagine being surrounded by all those angry people. Cops = people.

I know its easy to hate police. But it doesn't mean you have to hate them.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Ill post some videos on this single post, of the other side of the story. Were it's not one sided to try to keep everything balanced.

www.youtube.com...

Here a group of women singing and dancing infront of an off limits place, stop then walk toward the police trying to get in, the police push back but meet resistance were they strike and force them back, and back.

[edit on 14-4-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
What did the Police Officer do wrong????

The woman was told to back off and she wouldn't...whats he supposed to do..Give up??

Tsom87

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
This is all over the news here in the UK, and an investigation has been launched by the Police to identify the officer. Whether or not you think he struck her deliberately is a moot point. She was more than likely "gobbing" off about being hit, before he struck her with the truncheon! Just how I see it, I'm not anti Police as such, just anti the heavy handed tactics they seem to prefer nowadays!

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TSOM87

So true,he should have battered her face in kicked her to the ground and stamped her face into the pavement,damn protestors using their constitutional rights to protest.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by fasrind
I know it "appears" that the woman is "getting in his face", but for crying out loud, aren't they trained to deal with this? It was as if they were told, do what you want, no one will believe the protesters! I've been bought up to believe its wrong to strike a woman, obviously the Police don't obey such morals!!

[sarc]I've heard from genuine inside sources that it actually wasn't a woman, that our great and brave English Bobby clubbed with abandon, and reckless peace keeping, on that day of the great unwashed serge on our fine and great city of London, but a protester.[/asm]

This is nothing new really, it's just with the internet it gets seen by more people. I saw lots of people, men women AND children, get clubbed by the bstrds in blue during protests, or even when just trying to live...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Don't go all black and white bro.

It's not, but what as instinct would you do if someone came up cursing at you and yelling in your face, you might not do anything, now say they starting pulling on you, then I know me personally, I'd have hit her, girl or not, doesn't matter, Girls want equal treatment as men, then she can take it.

They are milking this so much.

And of all people to go after the police, who picked the bottem of the totem pole. Don't go after the real guys, go after the chump change. Ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
reply to post by TSOM87

So true,he should have battered her face in kicked her to the ground and stamped her face into the pavement,damn protestors using their constitutional rights to protest.

Those Police are there for a very good reason. There not there to stop people exercising there rights. As you can see by watching the video, this woman would not back off. She was told to back off before the Police Officer hit her in the leg.

Tsom87

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TSOM87

If you think this only happened because a Supreme leader told them to hurt these people, try right now, just do it walk up to a local police officer and start cussing at him running around him and pushing/pulling at him.

If he stands there and does nothing. I'm truly astonished, Now add what, 35,000 people, running around him, that would be a momentous thing not to react upon.

These people are looking for attention, their looking for sympathy, hence there are more photographers and video men then protestors, one runs to the police in battle mode! Gets hit and bloody, (unexpectdley of course) then backs of and stares at the cameras, and I'm suppose to feel sorry for him, don't think so.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
reply to post by TSOM87

If you think this only happened because a Supreme leader told them to hurt these people, try right now, just do it walk up to a local police officer and start cussing at him running around him and pushing/pulling at him.

If he stands there and does nothing. I'm truly astonished, Now add what, 35,000 people, running around him, that would be a momentous thing not to react upon.

These people are looking for attention, their looking for sympathy, hence there are more photographers and video men then protestors, one runs to the police in battle mode! Gets hit and bloody, (unexpectdley of course) then backs of and stares at the cameras, and I'm suppose to feel sorry for him, don't think so.

Why you replying to me?

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
What is it with the apologists in this thread? Those police were stopping anyone from leaving by creating a barrier of policemen around the protesters. No one was allowed to leave for hours to get something to eat or go home because the police wouldn't let them out.

www.youtube.com...

Watch this, you can see it was peacefull but people were getting restless and wanted out of the barrier, so one man tries to break through and gets shoved around from a few policeman and thats when the woman that gets assaulted started complaining.

The thug that attacked her should be done for assault, there is no law that says you can't swear and shout at the police and it was well needed here they were just trying to stir it up.

Originally posted by Republican08
www.youtube.com...

Ill post some videos on this single post, of the other side of the story. Were it's not one sided to try to keep everything balanced.

www.youtube.com...

Here a group of women singing and dancing infront of an off limits place, stop then walk toward the police trying to get in, the police push back but meet resistance were they strike and force them back, and back.

Look at the first video again, it looks like those protesters just want out of there but the police are stopping them and 3 men get violent because of the blockade, you can even see the protesters filming them with cameras.

If a policeman got hurt here he most likely deserved it.

[edit on 14-4-2009 by Falnath]

[edit on 14-4-2009 by Falnath]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
The strategies that the police used that day where used for a reason. The people who planned it have no doubt years of training and experience with dealing with these kinds of situations.

These people have tatic's to provoke the police get a reaction and capture it on camera. Thats what was being done. This Woman who was hit should have backed off when told, instead of going up to the officer hoping to get a reaction.

The guy who died, instead of walking slow past police officers with his hands in his pockets, mabay he should have moved a bit quicker, knowing that there was a line of Police Officers behind him. Who did tell him to move BEFORE hiting him.

IMHO!

Tsom87

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Do you think they put this out to stop people talking about the murder, of mr t, during g20.

It really is nothing, compared to the murder video.

Are they trying to get people opinion away from the murder case?

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
This topic of discussion, has already been posted as a thread on this forum:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Do you think they put this out to stop people talking about the murder, of mr t, during g20.

No both enquiries wil run side by side, unless more footage comes to light showing any other incidents. Knows for a fact Channel 4 news is looking for any oher footage. They will not let this one go. Quite right too.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
man am i ever sick of apologists for police brutality. it really makes me sick. the cops are supposed to be there to protect people protesting peacefully. being gobby constitutes a peaceful protest.

the attitude the cop in the video displays is clearly "do what you told, pleb".

the cops were all geared up for there to be trouble at the G20 protests and were hell bent on making their predictions ring true. the protesters did SFA but the cops were so heavy handed that a man ended up losing his life.

does it make you feel safe?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join