It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Hadron Collider Instead of the Starving?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by dainoyfb
reply to post by Aeons

Ok, so why aren't we doing that? Why instead are we sitting in front of our Play Stations all day (or whatever) and feeling good about it? As people of a society how do you go about changing societies prioritys?

My societies priorities are currently hamstrung by people who vehemently do not want "us" to expand our cultural "liberalism" and "imperalism" onto the cultures of the World.

Until a goodly number of people are willing to stop pretending that this hogwash is a good reason to let people be bullied and starved by their culturally mandated/similiar personages, then we will continue to let it happen.

Because the fact remains - that to stop it from happening, we are going to have to decide to go in, kick the crap out of their "upper" class and mandate things like eduation, and agriculture, and industry and human rights. We'll then have to babysit those new institutions and groom a new generation of people into those instituations.

Because, it won't happen until then.

The idea that these nations and cultures could just "bootstrap" themselves and revolt is just stupid. When the USA revolted and succeeded in that way people on both sides of the equation were using those ridiculous rifles that had to be packed every 30 seconds.

Now we expect that peoples being repressed will do the same. Only these people have spears and second hand guns, and their oppressors have the ability to buy and use weapons and biological and chemical attacks that can kill every single revolutionary in a very short period of time over whatever square miles they feel like paying for.

Our societies successes have made the hill they need climb FAR greater than any man in the Enlightenment period EVER had to face.

You are going to have to get over your squemishness about "imperialism."

Better to save untold billions and billions of people over time and apologize for losing some really pretty festivals later.

[edit on 2009/4/14 by Aeons]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

Why continue to reproduce in an area where people continue to starve? I have seen commericals and charities since I was a kid about starving people everywhere, where as if they had been given birth control when I was a kid people wouldn't be starving right now. What is the more humane thing to do?

[edit on 19-4-2009 by miragezero]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

Hey there D!

The obvious answer to your question about the mechanism is the brainwashing media... Most people, at least in England anyway, don't even partially understand what the collider does anyway. Why is this? Because the media, the voice of TPTB, is designed to give people a bit of info but not enough to put the whole picture together. - A bit like people standing there with their jaws open looking up at fireworks - they kind of understand them but don't.

What to do about the mechanism...? I think you're already doing it by discussing this stuff with people. It's not a quick answer but maybe the only answer - to educate those that are the next generation. TPTB would like to think that at some point all those that are born will blindly follow the "orders". George Orwell hit the nail on the head. By educating people at leaset all of this info is not getting bred out of us.

As for the collider - it seems that man will never learn until we have blown this planet into a black hole....

Regarding the starvation - it is a very controlled starvation. They know what they are doing and that they could save these people. They couldn't care less - If I'm wrong all of the money paid to the likes of Oxfam would of made a difference after all these years but, alas, no.

[edit on 28-10-2009 by Stanton Dowd]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join