It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul's Response On Obama's Economic Speech Today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Mods, I know this is a youtube video however it is not user-generated as you can see. I hope i'm at the right place if not please move to correct forum, and i'll know for future too.

It's interesting how the explanation between economic fascism as opposed to militaristic fascism. That was excellent.

There should be another response of the speech 4:30pmEST on MSNBC.

It's great that prime time is getting some knowledge.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I wonder, can it be said to be 'responsible' to react to a word which was clearly used in the context of our economic situation, as if he were referring to Hitler?

This is how opinions are molded.

What will be remembered by the casual listener is the reaction of the reporter, not the 'lofty' distinction between different forms of fascism.

Perhaps this too will be blamed on the 'stupid' Americans.

But few will point out that they were 'made' that way by reporters who read their cues from off-stage producers and directors.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I don't like Ron Paul only because he's very anti-environment.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
It's not that he's anti-environment, as much as he's pro-individual's rights.

Unfortunately, in order to be pro-individual, you have to allow for certain environmental risks. And to be pro-environment, you must put some restrictions on individuals' actions.

Where is the happy medium?

On the video:

RP is right as usual about the stimulus and bailouts. All it is is a quick way to inflate the dollar and usher in a global currency.

If we would just let these failing megacorps fail like any other badly-run business would fail, perhaps the people in charge would have an incentive to run the businesses more responsibly....

But what do I know about economics?...

[edit on 4/15/2009 by nasdack24k]

top topics

join