It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity is an Imaginary "Sin Insurance" Racket

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
As far as I've understood things, there is no reason for God to heal just anyone who prays.
It depends how it all fits into his purpose. And what is best for that person spiritually, not their own worldly goals in life, or something...
If somebody has to live out their temporary spell here on earth with a missing leg because God knows that somehow they will do things with their healing experience that will cause harm, take things for granted, or just want to be healed for their own convenience but actually have no intention in submitting their life to God as a result, or whatever the case, for instance, that somehow it is better in their personal case that they remain with their struggles for this life. Who can know it for what it really is in God's mind, if he does exist and is involved....

Most people want to have certain things 'healed' or changed in their lives because they despair when they realize they can't live out their own selfish agendas, be 'normal' reach all their own goals, and maybe those are actually not good for them, but we just think so due to limited human understanding.
Of course, if you don't believe in God I don't expect you to agree, but its just something to say for the other side here, that does make enough sense to me personally.

Secondly, if God healed an amputee, who would believe it anyway? If it was put into the main stream media and proven by reputable doctors and such, it would probably be ridiculed as a hoax anyhow. Just like almost anything miraculous or impossible that has occurred is. And then doctors would not want to publicize a lot of it to preserve their reputations and the likes, and stuff like that possibly.
So why does God not heal amputees? How do you know he hasn't?
That said, I have no knowledge of whether he HAS, but I'm ....just sayin....lol

Edit: By the way, as something that has been interesting to me for a while....all the faith healing stuff on TV...i think is fake...
Classic hypnosis, and creepy... lots of this has been proven but there's an infestation of these grandiose public healing stints despite it....
I don't think that healings are nearly as commonplace as a lot of Christians like to think and claim they are, due to this nonsense.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by phoebeflakes]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by phoebeflakes

"As far as I've understood things, there is no reason for God to heal just anyone who prays. "

NOBODY has ever grown a limb back that I know of. It would be a miracle that the church would go nuts over. They'd put it on the front page. They'd be totally obnoxious about it. BUT prayer has never, ever, grown a limb back. You know what that's true, don't you?

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gawdzilla
reply to post by phoebeflakes

"As far as I've understood things, there is no reason for God to heal just anyone who prays. "

NOBODY has ever grown a limb back that I know of. It would be a miracle that the church would go nuts over. They'd put it on the front page. They'd be totally obnoxious about it. BUT prayer has never, ever, grown a limb back. You know what that's true, don't you?

Me neither....but in the grand scheme of things it seems very trivial to me, as proof for or against anything.
Even if it absolutely positively has NEVER happened, after reviewing the case of every possible amputee on the face of the earth, this would mean little to Christians as proof of 'no God' anyhow, considering that it could have been the will of God that they lost the limb in the first place, for a greater purpose....

I know that's not exactly an enjoyable thought, to think terrible things happen to people for 'God's greater purpose' but as far as believers are concerned, there is no reason to ignore it - the bible is full of that.....

So you're definitely throwing the "Why can't God heal amputees?" challenge at the wrong group.....

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Gawdzilla

Sir, I respect your right to disagree but I do feel sorry for you. With all your skepticism and sarcasm you have missed the point of just what Jesus represents; He is the opportunity to touch the Eternal, the fountain of truth and perfect love, and the perfection of His beauty is beyond our miniscule insignificant unredeemed minds to comprehend.

I could appeal to you from string physics inverse matter projection equations as to the dimensional necessity for God; I could point to over 23 clear scientific discoveries in the oldest book in the Bible; I could point to the observable contradictions of the Laws of Thermal Dynamics and Physics of a Universe WITHOUT a God; I could ask you how one single molecule of Hemoglobin could have formed by chance when statistical probability science has placed the odds at 1 chance in over 750 to the 10th power, when 1 chance in 450 to the 10th is the definition of mathematical absurdity (i.e.; only a fool believes it happened by ‘evolution’); let alone the interdependent subsystems that would have had to form AT THE SAME INSTANT for life to ‘happen by chance’. However, none of this would matter because you are set on your course, separation from God eternally.

Then I could tell you of the supernatural things that have happened to not only me, but those who I know personally; again none of this would matter. I say this as I read all these ‘If God Healed THIS or DID THIS’ THEN we will believe post to this thread. Sad because God has done all He will to convince you, He by the power of His might raised Jesus from the dead, and I know He lives because I walk with Him and HE healed me and set me free. You of course refuse to except this and will one day answer to Him who you reject; that’s your right, so peace out.

[edit on 4/23/2009 by SGTChas]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SGTChas

"Sir, I respect your right to disagree but I do feel sorry for you. "

Save your preaching for someone who cares. I've got along fine without imaginary friends for decades, 51 years now. I don't need a crutch to prop me up or a tin soldier to keep the bogey man away at night. Get some reality in your life and you'll be less dependent on fairy tales.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by phoebeflakes
As far as I've understood things, there is no reason for God to heal just anyone who prays.
It depends how it all fits into his purpose. And what is best for that person spiritually, not their own worldly goals in life, or something...

Well, the Bible says something a little different:

Mark 11:24 "Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you."

...which makes me wonder about God's sincerity... or, at least, the sincerity of those who wrote the Bible "on behalf of" God.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Dean Goldberry

What do you believe in?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
But, you've already come to your own conclusion, without having experientially looked for yourself on the inside of it all. Keep on living in mental realm box postulates. The part of you that thinks and has thoughts, isnt the real you.

Arrogance, plain and simple arrogance. Is it impossible for you to believe that some of us HAVE experienced much; and HAVE read much, and HAVE decided that we do not want to swallow the propaganda you spew? I'm happy you are so sure you are correct. I am equally happy that I know you are wrong.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
reply to post by Gawdzilla

You sound like a person that can answer the question I can't get an answer to: Why should we be following the campfire tales of semi-literate Bronze Age goatherders? Or the llama herders, or the yak herders or the manatee herders?

Again, with your limited, closed, and childish perspective on things, you have already made "conclusions" about things and you live by them as if they are fact. Lots of compassion......

Anyway, Jesus/Bible talks about universalities that are timeless. Whether we were herding goats 2,00 years ago, now, or when we have A.I. and flying cars 2,000 years from now. There is such a thing as timeless universalities.

For example, Love, emotions, hatred, war, friendship, morals, philosophy, God, marriage, ideals, lust/sex, childish/grown up, these are all lessons and topics covered in the Bible all of things that have never changed and will be this way for perhaps thousands of years to come ....if we dont blow ourselves up first.

DUde, how old are you? Who taught you all of your perspectives? I mean wow!!!!

I would say his perspective is several thousand years ahead of yours. I mean wow !!

Second line,...

<< 6  7  8   >>

join