It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity is an Imaginary "Sin Insurance" Racket

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Ichabod

Sorry I'm not registering the hairs you're splitting or nits you're picking. As I see it, the Christian (or the typical one) FEELS insured, reassured, covered, provided for (through the payment of a blood sacrifice) once his or her time on Earth has expired. Please forgive the lack of similarity with an actual insurance policy. I believe the analogy is appropriate enough. This isn't an official document; just a discussion.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Your delusions power your language skills, obviously. Your post didn't reply to my post, you just dodged it. Typical theist thinking.

Look, I love you because I know the real you, a fragment of infinity that simply isn't aware of its origin. No harm done. Everything is headed that way anyway, towards knowing what only a few right now know.

You see the logic in your thinking? What you said in the quote above, could just as easily be pointed to you. I can say, Your delusions(due to not knowing God) power your language skills, obviously. Your posts never reply to my posts, you just don't "get it". Typical atheistic closed minded thinking.(of course, the stereotype.)

Im trying to point out to you your closed minded, boxed in, belief system. You cornered yourself into a box. We can all be wrong, but we can't all be right.

I would betcha bill gates money that God exists. Would you be willing to take a bet like that? I don't think so. I know God exists, whereas you "think" he doesn't. Big difference my boxed in friend

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Thanks for answering Badmedia ...I am going to reply soon ...I had grandkids all night and all day lol ...whew ...right now I am taking it easy getting some energy back .....so will reply later ..

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Dean Goldberry

Sorry about the confusion - yes, I was replying to you.

My belief is that Jesus is our Saviour. I can't tell you why I believe that - only a gut feeling, a feeling of absolute certainty. I also believe in reincarnation, spirits, and existences other than our present one.

I am having a lot of difficulty believing in our one Creator.

I have said on other posts that I have concluded that someone, something, some entity, is playing a cat and mouse game with humans. Why? I have no idea, and nor does the mouse.

But I still believe in Jesus. So where does that leave us? I have no idea.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Also, I forgot to say, Jesus forgives us of our sins if we turn to Him.

I am not talking about the so-called Christian church - I believe that all churches are corrupt.

I am talking about the promise delivered by Jesus Christ.

And I find that very comforting - do you?

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

I love Jesus, and always have, but after looking into it, I've discovered there isn't solid enough reason to believe he existed (not that I'm CONVINCED he didn't exist), I mean, when compared to the Buddha. I'm not an actual Buddhist, though. I prefer to remain unaffiliated with any organization... If only Jesus could be sufficiently separated from the popular interpretation of the "meaning" of the ghastly, utterly barbaric way he died (if true).

I realize not all Christians are the same, and you seem like one I could get along with.

As for the cat and mouse game with humanity, I agree, but I place the blame, at least primarily, with the humans (and perhaps others who merely LOOK human) who are pulling the political strings (at least now) on this planet; not with (an) unseen being(s).

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Whoa whoa fragment of God within yourself. What God do you worship? That's one of the teachings of Maitreya. He teaches God is within and we are all God. What a blasphemy.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchtheashes

Whoa whoa fragment of God within yourself. What God do you worship? That's one of the teachings of Maitreya. He teaches God is within and we are all God. What a blasphemy.

John 14:20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

4Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked.

5They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.

6I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

7But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.

Don't know what religion you are, but what you mention is not untrue.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Dean Goldberry

I think, I truly believe, that we have been programmed to make war and hate each other by something that controls us. The longer I live, the more I believe we are an experiment.

But I still believe that our total hope is Jesus.

Or else we will go, like the blessed animals, to the abattoir (and I cannot stand that...)

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
For those who say they do not believe or need to believe that Jesus did in fact exist and did in fact COME IN THE FLESH to this world .......

First of all if you believe the words that Jesus said ...then you would have to also believe that he existed in order to have said it ....right ?

And if you just believe his words and dont believe that he did in fact exist and did in fact come here in the flesh ......then scripture says that you are an antichrist ..

There are two kinds of antichrist according to the bible ..those who deny Jesus is the Christ ...and those who deny that Jesus Christ did indeed come in the flesh .......................

1Jo 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1Jo 2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: [(but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also].
(((((If you deny the son your also denying the FATHER))))))))

1Jo 4:3 And every spirit that CONFESSETH NOT that Jesus Christ IS COME IN THE FLESH IS NOT OF GOD: and this is that [spirit] of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

2Jo 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who CONFESS NOT that Jesus Christ IS COME IN THE FLESH . This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

[edit on 20-4-2009 by Simplynoone]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by watchtheashes

Oh man oh man ....... I remember years ago when I was where you are now, quick to judge. I am a Christian Mystic and Love 1 God. It seems to me that you have constructed a God out of "thoughts" based on what you "think" scripture says.

God is beyond thought, beyond what "you think" scripture says. Omni-present, inside of everyone/everything and everyone/everything is inside God.

"If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there", Psalm 139:8.

There is nowhere you can go that God isn't there, or else that would subtract from God and take away from omnipresence.

Also, "Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you." (Luke 17:20-21)

The Bible is a bunch of pointers, pointing out the way for you to experience God. The direct experience is beyond what words say about it, and that is something we can all agree on.

You have to know yourself also, to know God. If the kingdom of God is within you as Jesus says, how are you going to find it if you dont know yourself and whats going on with who you "think" you are.

You get the Holy Spirit, ego death, you die to the "self(which is false) everyday. By doing so, you will eventually share in the "oneness" of God. Jesus said he and the father are one, and wants us to be "one with Jesus so we can share in that ultimate "oneness" of God.

Your blasphemous "Matreiya" maybe, and can easily be, mixing truth with lies. I dont study Matreiya, I study the Lord, and knowing what is this "false self" that we are to die to everyday. Once you know these things deeper, then the omni-presence of God is revealed and you know that oneness through Jesus, God, omnipresence, etc.

Look up the great schism of 1054. Eastern Xtianity vs. Western Xtianity split up. Western said to study scripture "literally", using logic, and reason. Eastern said to study the word using the direct divine and mystical experiences that come from the holy Spirit and dying to "self"

Most of Western Xtianity, and it seems also your version, has been polluted by minimal direct experience, logic and reason. Whereas Eastern is rich and thriving in People that have the Spirit and are to this day doing miracles just like Jesus.

Don't get stuck on "words" that the "false" mind misinterprets based on limited logic and reason. Seek these experiences directly and then you will know the transcendent(beyond words) truth of God's presence. The "experience" of Loving God is the highest best thing you can do, and the falsities of who "you" are will melt away and be revealed to the real you.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I actually agree with you watchtheashes...And believe that this may be the BIGGEST deception of all .......

Read these to get a better understanding of why believers have fallen for this especially more so recently than ever before ..

Start here
Dominionism - A Theology That Intermingles with Mysticism
But Not the Word of God

Dominionism and the Rise of Christian Imperialism

"There has been a significant rise of cross-pollination between evangelical dominionists and New Age Theosophists.41 Since the late 1970s there has been a closeted fraternization between dominionists and Theosophists for the purpose of finding common ground for the future. Both groups seek to bring in a "Christ" figure to solve the world's problems. Both groups have grand utopian plans to create "peace" on earth. During the past decade, the two groups began borrowing doctrinal terminologies from one another and working on common theologies. The events of 9/11 gave a new impetus to this effort. Jay Gary, who has been a leader within all three sects of dominionism has had close ties with the Theosophists and is adopting new theologies, including a hybrid of preterism called "transmillenialism." Bob Buford of Leadership Network ... has been working since the mid-1990s to create a youth culture based on "emergent" theologies called the Emergent Church - a mixture of New Age paganism, eastern mysticism and evangelical dominionism. And Patriotic Dominionist leaders have long-standing, close ties with the Rev. Sun Myung Moon, who has his own messianic kingdom ambitions.

"Throughout the 2000 year history of Christianity there has always been a vein of dominionism embedded in the strata of doctrines. This seam has ebbed and flowed for 20 centuries, sometimes submerged, sometimes exposed. Whenever out in the open, it has given rise to horrible abuses done in the name of Christ. In the early 21st century, once again this vein is now showing and active. Keep in mind: Dominionism is always an aberration of true Christian theology....

"A remnant of believers has always opposed it, often suffering a martyr's fate at the hands of intolerant dominionists. Since the latter half of the 1990s the three major dominionists sects have openly converged into an ecumenical force. These three branches of dominionism are linked historically at many levels, and there is solid documentation to support the idea that the current convergence was planned and intentional....

"Dominionism teaches:
The Gospel of Salvation is achieved by setting up the "Kingdom of God" as a literal and physical kingdom to be "advanced" on Earth in the present age. Some dominionists liken the New Testament Kingdom to the Old Testament Israel in ways that justify taking up the sword, or other methods of punitive judgment, to war against enemies of their kingdom.

"Dominionists teach that men can be coerced or compelled to enter the kingdom. They assign to the Church duties and rights that belong Scripturally only to Jesus Christ. This includes the esoteric belief that believers can "incarnate" Christ and function as His body on Earth to establish His kingdom rule. An inordinate emphasis is placed on man's efforts; the doctrine of the sovereignty of God is diminished." Click here to read the rest of article, "Dominionism and the Rise of Christian Imperialism"
(MORE AT LINK)
www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com...

Dominion Theology/Kingdom Now/Reconstructionism
Blessing or Curse?
homepage.mac.com...

Look the Lord is within us but we are NOT GOD ....and we are not Christ ..Neither are we mini Christs .....or mini gods ...............
This is new age and dominionist way of thinking .................

We are the Christ (collectively speaking ) is FALSE >...

[edit on 20-4-2009 by Simplynoone]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Simplynoone,
WHile I do understand where you are coming from, I have to interject that my direct experiences of God and the way I live my life now has nothing to do with your whole Dominionist theory.

I'm trying to show you that you are in a denomination of your choice, which thinks its right, as opposed to the hundreds, maybe even thousands, of other denominations who think your wrong and they're right. Its a vicious never ending cycle.

What I'm saying is you can take partial truth and mix it with lies. For example if you think Buddhism is from the devil or a bunch of lies, yet Buddha like Jesus said that we should love our neighbors as ourselves, then that would, to you, be truth mixed in with lies.

I have sat down with theologians from some of the most prestigious seminaries in the country, to find that they are completely logic/reason based. When asking about direct experiences with the Holy Spirit, it goes out of the window of their frame of reference. Bottom line is, who you have taken as the authority for theology, as a bunch of guys who arent having the same direct experiences as the Savior they are studying. So they dont know

Also, the most popular version of Christianity, of a theological answer, of an explanation isn't always the right one. Just like the kids that were popular in high school end up being drug addict, jailed, troubled adults and the ones that got little attention thrive and become/do something with their lives worthwhile and positive

We can all be wrong but cant all be right. Unlike the Diminionists, I would never pick up a sword or justify the sword to spread a message. Thats going back to the dark ages, where not as bad as today, but theology was raped by politics and power and if you didnt agree with the popular notions, you were jailed, burned at the stake, excommunicated. Like most mystics .....Hmmm I wonder why.

Also, some of the new ages messages do have some things right, God is Love, and there is a real spirit world, and so on ......but perhaps not all of it is right, truth mixed with lies.

In my case, what Jesus has always taught in the NT, I have experienced directly beyond words. Jesus was a mystic himself. Was experiencing all those things directly himself. Gave us an ideal and a way to be modeled after himself. If its impossible to reach the states he had, Union with God, Holy Spirit, then he would have never shown us or taught us these things.

Thing is, the way its taught in America is not the full impact of it. Besides prayer, fasting, church services, and reading the Bible, whats lacking is meditation and self inquiry. These lackings are things that canonized saints of the exact same church that brought Christianity to America supports. These saints taught the importance of meditation and self inquiry. Without those, its impossible to die to the self, as Paul says, unless you know these aspects of who "the self" is.

You may "think" that my theology and what I say is wrong or a "messed up" denomination. But I dont ascribe to any denomination but by the direct spiritual experiences that God, through Christ, gives me.

This whole separation thing, your wrong, and we're right, and they're muslims, and they're buddhists ...its all B.S. We are supposed to Love everyone with transcendent Spiritual Love. By doing that, you dont have to argue anything cause then people see for themselves that true love abides in you and they will ask how to also have this Love.

Its funny that western theologians and people like yourself dont understand the things Im talking about, experiences which are beyond the mind, but I have abbots and theologian friends out east that know exactly all of my experiences and all say Im on the right track. Both sides think the other is wrong but only 1 is right.

You have to ask yourself. Did Jesus only have the literal aspect of scripture down, or did he have direct experiences of the divine? When he took on disciples, did they only have a literal scriptural knowledge, or were they experiencing divine realities directly? When you see the significance of this question then you will come to terms with whats lacking in your own spiritual life, and that is the direct experience of the divine, non-judgement, love, and being in oneness with Jesus and God.

Before Adam and eve ate from the tree of knowledge of Good and Evil, they only knew oneness with God, or the original state. Jesus came as reconciliation for our return to that original state. Basically tapping you on your shoulder to let you know you're lost and how to return to God. When you return, while still in the physical body, you can foretaste heaven and the original state here. But of course your mind will find something that doesnt fit with what your mind thinks theologically minus the direct experience, without realizing that "you" are not your thinking mind. Know yourself more then you can Love God more.

I dont fit into your dominionitis labels so lets not jump into assumptions here

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Dominicus ..

You see this is why I dont belong to any demonination and it is also why I dont join up with the New age movements ..

BOTH have some truth ..

Church peoples tend to lean to far to the LITERAL and not enough to the spiritual .
New Agers and alot of Pentecostals lean to far to the spiritual and completely leave out the literal .......

Then there are many right in the middle of the two who still dont get it ..

First of all Buddah and Mohammed etc all teach of OTHER GODS (so does the New Agers) many gods many ways to God etc etc ...
You also say Buddah and Mohamed and everyone else who teaches love is from God ...

If that were true then what was the point of Jesus ? Why would he need to come ? If anyway lead to the father why would God send his Son Jesus to do what he did ?

Jesus said .....
I (HE) am the WAY ..the TRUTH and the LIGHT ...and no man can come to the FATHER but by me (Him) .....All those before him or after him are ROBBERS AND THIEFS ....that pretty much rules out EVERY other WAY and every other nongod and even every mans way ....does it not ?

Now it cant be ANYWAY leads to the father ..And only ONE WAY leads to the father ...It cant be both are true .......
Dont you see that even you are contradicting yourself ..

Buddah and Mohammed and Mytria etc ..all teach of MANY WAYS to GOD the father ................

Jesus said ONLY ONE WAY LEADS TO THE FATHER .

It is real simple ..either you believe Jesus or not .
if you say you believe his teachings and you dont believe that part then your tossing out the teachings he taught just because it doesnt jive with your beliefs ......

And yes Jesus said if you have LOVE you have GOD .
I personally believe that those who do have love (real love not just mans idea of what love should be) .unconditional pure love (which is impossible really without the LORD JESUS in YOU because only he loves unconditionally ) ..........will come to know the LORD ..before all is said and done ..Why ? Because they do have love and they will recognize the lies of the devil once they are truly out in the open (during the trib after the Antichrist shows his real self and what he really stands for) and they will TURN from their ALL ROADS lead to God way of thinking ....and will come to know the true Lord Jesus Christ ....Dont forget during the trib there will be saints of God (the sealed 144,000)who will be telling the world THE TRUTH and many will believe and turn from their ways.....of course they may be killed then along with the others who will die for the Lord during that time .........As soon as they realize that they are not going to ascend to the heavens with aliens or whatever ...they will begin to rethink their beliefs and will recognize they have been decieved ..................
Same goes with the Church peoples who actually do have love ...
When real chit hits the fan and they see whats taking place they too will open their eyes and see the truth ...and see that they too have been decieved ....then they will know that they are NOT gods ...and they cannot save self ......

God is just and he will lead the people of LOVE to him ....one way or the other ..

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

God is just and he will lead the people of LOVE to him ....one way or the other ..

In a sense< I get what your saying. No I didn't say buddha, mohamed, nor anyone else comes from God to spread Gods message. Im being misquoted, or unquoted..... cause I never said that.

If Jesus or you or anyone else say that whoever came before jesus is thieves, robbers, liars, then that means so is Moses, and Abraham, and everyone in the Old Testament. Thats a self contradiction.

As far as Jesus being the only way. Ok, for me thats a gray area and I will not say yes or no, because I will wait til I leave the physical to find out about that.

But you have to ask yourself this. God knows not everyone will come to him through Jesus. If God made more ways to him available, then more people will come to him. Ultimately God loves everyone and wants everyone to be saved and back with him.

Also, if Jesus died for "everyone's" sins, then technically, its all taken care of. Whether somebody accepts it or not, he died for everyone's sins. What would be the point of dying for everyone's sins, knowing that not everyone would be saved, only those that accept this???

In that case the Bible would say that Jesus died for the sins of those that would accept im, not for everyone.

And since Jesus and God are one, if you choose to look for God and go a different path, Jesus and God are one/united so even if some guy in a jungle doesnt know it, he is still going through Jesus. Technically speaking. Im speaking theoretically here, of course, hypothetical.

For example Bible says that people should know God exists just by looking at nature. So contemplation of nature, will bring a person to know that God made all of this and seek further into the nature of nature. I'm sure this has happened to somebody somewhere.

Also, there were so many people before Jesus that didnt get a chance to know him and have the gift of salvation. Again, Jesus shoulda juts popped up earlier in History before a bunch of people started dying unsaved.

You see what I mean???? Too many gray areas. We can discuss this til the end of time. Or we can, along with scripture, go for direct experiences and be shown this stuff directly.

Plus you don't know if the God buddha speaks of is a different God. The only way you can know is if you can experience or know directly what he experienced.

You also have Early Christians saying the Old Testament God is a false, lower, demiurge God. In OT God gave Moses 10 commandments, one of which is do not murder. Then Orders Moses and his army to go kill/murder all the caananites, moabites, including all the women and children.

But in NT, Jesus says turn the other cheek. ANd he and the father are one. So is it the OT ordering killings of armies, women and children God, is it Loving, graceful, peaceful NT God, or are they both the same even though they look to have completely different personalities.

There's just soooo much gray areas, so much arguing, everyone thinks they are right. But in direct experience, you know and experience truth beyond words. Nothing can go against that.

Jesus would stil have had to come if Buddha and Mohhamed are genuine, simply because the first two wouldnt be able to reach everyone. Or those 2 were strictly incorporated into India/Asia, and Arabia. We still had the rest of the world that needed something, hence Jesus. Theoretical/hypothetical of course.

Buddhism is very advance and can be difficult requiring 16 hours of meditation daily practice. Christian myticism, is also very advanced and difficult and unless you have "experiences" you wont understand it. But Xtianity trickles down, and a slow person will get what they need, a scholar will get something for their level of development, a housewife, etc.

Not everything is black and white.

If you really want to "know" the "truth" then you can follow this women's footsteps as to how she walked the Christ Path:
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 20-4-2009 by dominicus]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus

In a sense< I get what your saying. No I didn't say buddha, mohamed, nor anyone else comes from God to spread Gods message. Im being misquoted, or unquoted..... cause I never said that.

If Jesus or you or anyone else say that whoever came before jesus is thieves, robbers, liars, then that means so is Moses, and Abraham, and everyone in the Old Testament. Thats a self contradiction.

Moses and Abraham and those from the OT who did the will of the Lord were a select few chosen to deliver the messages of God to the heathen world where many gods were chosen over the ONE TRUE GOD their creator ...The NT goes indepth into their importance .....
They did not know Jesus but many who were from the OT in graves rose with him when he ascended on high ...their faith was counted for rightousness....their faith in the ONE TRUE GOD of Moses and Abraham and Isacc ....Romans 4:9 is a good place to start in order to understand it ..

Here is the gist of it ..

Rom 4:18 Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations, according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be.
Rom 4:19 And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sara's womb:
Rom 4:20 He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;
Rom 4:21 And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.
Rom 4:22 And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.
Rom 4:23 Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him;
Rom 4:24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;
Rom 4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Here is where many rose from their graves with Jesus ....(These had to be the OT Saints if not them then who ?) ...so when Jesus went to the grave he brought them with him .
Mat 27:52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
Mat 27:53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.
Mat 27:54 Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God.
1Pe 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

Here is where it shows that he went to PRISON *(THE GRAVE )and preached unto them ......and they came with him from the grave when he went out of the heart of the earth (after three and a half days ) and rose to heaven ..
1Pe 3:19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
1Pe 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.
1Pe 3:21 The like figure whereunto [even] baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:
1Pe 3:22 Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.

As far as Jesus being the only way. Ok, for me thats a gray area and I will not say yes or no, because I will wait til I leave the physical to find out about that.
But you have to ask yourself this. God knows not everyone will come to him through Jesus. If God made more ways to him available, then more people will come to him. Ultimately God loves everyone and wants everyone to be saved and back with him.

Yes he knows not everyone will believe Jesus ...and if he did make other ways to know him surely he would have told the Prophets and the Apostles that since they walked with him and he taught them directly ..dontcha think they would have mentioned these other ways ? If they would have it would have been contrary to what Jesus said wouldnt it ?

Jhn 10:4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
Jhn 10:5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.
Jhn 10:6 This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which he spake unto them.
Jhn 10:7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
Jhn 10:8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.
Jhn 10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

Also, if Jesus died for "everyone's" sins, then technically, its all taken care of. Whether somebody accepts it or not, he died for everyone's sins. What would be the point of dying for everyone's sins, knowing that not everyone would be saved, only those that accept this???

If Jesus is the door (he was the one who paid that price so only he can pardon you right ?) then any other door (who did not pay a price for you ) cannot pardon you now can they ?

This will have to be in two parts ...I will be back ...

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I think the fact that we argue scripture is the reason atheists don't take anything seriously. That man is the anti-christ I've done the gematria. It comes out to 666 in every language including the seven ways it is spelled in Hebrew. Also every language has a different base number so it's oddly strange that it always will equal 666.

Anyway, aside from that I haven't constructed any God. I simply believe in the Father, The Son, and the Holy Spirit.

America is Mystery Babylon not a resurrected Roman Empire. The seven hills are not the seven hills of Rome, but the seven continents that the great NATION and GLORY OF THE KINGDOMS spreads it's influence over. The USA. Our money even says In God We Trust. The same money with Illuminati blueprints all over the bills. Babylon is a nation that dwells carelessly before the Lord. So get out of America before it is too late if it's possible. It's not spirit of false religion, the Church says that so you oh so kindly donate to their bucket. They say that so you think the good ol US of A is fine. I'm all for what America used to be about(not the paganism and idolitry, but the spirit of freedom when it meant to be free), but now its beyond fixing.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I think John just saw our national flag, but interpreted the blue as purple. The city covered in jewels and gold (How would an ancient prophet describe New York City to his fellow Christians if he lived in 70AD?) The Statue is the Whore of Babylon, and she holds the "golden cup of abominations." The torch lights up at night, and for him to describe it the way he did it could only be New York lit up at night. I know a woman represents a Church in the Bible, but not in this case. In this case I'm certain it's a literal woman(well statue which is an idol). The same calculator that calculates Maitreya to 666(but in every language it works with only HIS name mind you) calculates America's Sin to 666 and US OF AMERICA=666.

[edit on 20-4-2009 by watchtheashes]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Here is where it shows that he went to PRISON *(THE GRAVE )and preached unto them ......and they came with him from the grave when he went out of the heart of the earth (after three and a half days ) and rose to heaven ..

Well thats what I mean, that means for thousands of years, before Jesus came, a bunch of people were sitting in hell waiting to be released. That's just great. Definitely fair, sarcasm. And if Jesus went to hell and free'd a bunch of people, whats to prevent him from doing it again? Nothing.

dontcha think they would have mentioned these other ways ? If they would have it would have been contrary to what Jesus said wouldnt it ?

No they wouldnt be discussing other ways, because their purposes was to spread that way. Asia had buddhism, India had hinduism, America had Native Americanism (great spirit), etc. Later Arabia would have Islam. Alot of people in different countries wont come to Christ specifically because it was a Jewish thing. Each nation has its own religions/spirituality because most people cant see past nationalism.

If Jesus is the door (he was the one who paid that price so only he can pardon you right ?) then any other door (who did not pay a price for you ) cannot pardon you now can they ?

It would be nice if you read up on some NDE's. Accounts of people seeing the afterlife. Allot of NDE'ers are saying that most of the Xtian denominations got it all wrong. That the mystical and experiatial aspect is what its all about. Many say Jesus death on the cross was a Universal covering, very many gray areas here regardless of posting scriptural support, everything from scripture can be seen through numerous perspectives/angles.

yours is just one of those angles

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I think the fact that we argue scripture is the reason atheists don't take anything seriously. That man is the anti-christ I've done the gematria. It comes out to 666 in every language including the seven ways it is spelled in Hebrew. Also every language has a different base number so it's oddly strange that it always will equal 666.

Umm, no. The reason people to take christianity serious is because they look at what people do in the name of Jesus instead of looking at what he actually does.

Christians are seen as hypocrites and ignorant, and for good reason - most of them are. Not all obviously, but the "mainstream" view of christian and what the "average" christian is seen as, it is true.

This also goes along with them not being able to back up their beliefs with any real debate. It goes back to "faith" and many other cop outs. Not say faith is "bad" exactly, but there is a difference in "faith" and "blind faith". I have "faith" that in the end the "good" will win out. I do not have "blind faith" and just believe because someone said so, I have no faith in such things.

Most popular thing I hear atheists say: I like that Jesus guy, it's his followers I can't stand.

Most popular thing that gets on my nerves: People who equate me to being one of them simply because I mention the word Jesus or talk about his way.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by badmedia]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join