It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity is an Imaginary "Sin Insurance" Racket

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
reply to post by badmedia

A seed was planted at some point in time in your life by SOMEONE WHO TOLD YOU ABOUT JESUS otherwise how did you even know there was a Jesus ?

I still don't know if there was a Jesus. I only know the father. For all I know it could just be a story someone made up. If there was or not isn't really important to me, and doesn't change anything. If it is just a story, then I know whoever wrote it knew the father and I know the father within Jesus is real/true. I have no trouble believing that such a man existed, and think the odds are generally in favor of that, no matter what his name may have been. Those things are just literal nonsense to me. Variables of an equation, the specific variables aren't the important part, it's the equation they express(the path jesus expresses).

What I was shown by the father was the path, the true nature of ourselves and that the father was in people. I was shown why and how it works. It was only after I had the experience that I knew Jesus said those things because I would see random quotes here and there, the one that caught my attention first was John 14:20, and it dropped my jaws. From there, alot of it came from people who were kind enough to point out the things I said in the bible for me.

Yes, I had heard of Jesus and such before the experience, but when I had the experience I was so far away from that to contribute it to such isn't very logical. You think I dislike the church now, I hated all religion back then and thought it was all brainwashing and mindcontrol(most of it is).

The father showed me that such things aren't important. Jesus the person is not the important thing, it was the example and path he showed. It was the father within Jesus and so on. Most of that stuff is just building false idols. I don't give a crap who says it, if you say and understand the things Jesus says - then you know the father. Is Jesus one of them? Yes, the father speaks through him.

If men had not been TELLING IT since the birth of Christ and written it down for us to know it too how would any of us know ? (Only the OT had been written prior to that and those who knew the OT did not understand either which was why Jesus sent the apostles out to help them UNDERSTAND about Jesus Christ ) ...........................Jesus planted that seed in them ...they planted that seed in others since then ..which is why we know about it today ..etc etc ........

And yes we are all born by the spirit of God (he breathed the breath of life in us ) ...but I would just ask you if everyone was born again by spirit from birth then why would Jesus and all that he did have been necessary ? Why would the apostles have had to be born again at Pentecost ?why did they need to recieve the Holy Ghost if they already had it ?

So you are saying that god couldn't make himself known with the bible? Are you serious? Have you actually thought about what you are repeating? Well then tell me - how did the people get it the first time? See, the problem with wanting to call the bible the word of god and then pretend that it's the only way one can learn is - what is the source for those who wrote them down in the first place.

Man taught me NOTHING. NOTHING. It was not until I no longer trusted ANY man that I started to look in the right direction to find answers. It was at that moment that I no longer accepted what people tried to feed me as truth, and actually started to feed(seek) myself. That was when I started to act upon reason and understanding rather than ignorance and memory.

And you deny this of me because it's something you lack for yourself. Because you lack it and rely only one what the authority of this world gives you, it is thought impossible by you that I could get such information and have such a relationship.

But guess what? Jesus even addresses this. In John 14 as well.

24He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

25These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.

26But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't say the holy ghost is going to deliver a bible to you. I'm pretty sure it doesn't say because of men keeping the bible you will find out. It says specifically in John 14:20 you will KNOW, ON THAT DAY the father is within you. You will know for yourself, not because some man told you. It says the holy spirit, not man, not the bible, will come and teach you.

And all you do is replace those things with men and the bible(scribes). Yes, the bible speaks truth. But you are not putting it in it's proper place.

Take a building for example. All parts of the building are important, and all parts of that building must in their proper places. They have a foundation, they have a core structure, and they have the cosmetics. If you put the foundation above the structure, then the building will fall. It doesn't mean the individual pieces aren't important, but they do not stand or work properly unless they are in the proper place. All things in their proper place. All foundations of earth are out of course, because they are not in their proper place.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
[Answer me this question. Which is the more narrow path? The one the church gives, where the rich man gets into heaven? Or the one I speak of where you actually have to follow and live by the example of Jesus?]

You know I have posted several times that one must WALK THE WALK not just talk the talk etc ....so you and I agree with the way the church is these days.

Jesus himself said to search the scriptures daily
Jhn 5:37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.
Jhn 5:38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.
Jhn 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Jhn 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

We need to know the scriptures in order to have a better understanding of WHO WHAT HOW AND WHEN and WHY >....in order to understand it all ourselves and to help others understand the WHO HOW WHY WHEN ....

We need to have an answer when asked .
In order to have those answers (as best understood as we can ) we need to study it .

2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

The Church plants a seed even if they are just telling you that Jesus Christ came and died and rose again for you (this may be the only purpose of the church ..the rest is up to the believer) ...It is the DUTY of the beleiver to SEARCH THOSE SCRIPTURES to see if what they say is TRUE and to rightly divide that word of truth ...so you do understand better and are not being taught the wrong way ..

Which is why scripture says you have no need that man teach you ...(because man doesnt have to teach you ..you have access yourself to that WORD OF GOD) he wants YOU TO STUDY IT YOURSELF not be spoon fed it ....
Because you are supposed to be DIGGING INTO it yourself an ALLOWING the Holy Spirit to help you DISCERN truth from fiction of what you are reading ....hearing ....seeing ...feeling ........
Then when someone is asking you Who Jesus is what was the purpose of Christ and why did he have to die etc etc and what does he want and how can I come to know him too ...then you will HAVE THE ANSWERS at least to get them started on their path with him .......................

1Pe 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and [be] ready always to [give] an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

Isa 66:5 Hear the word of the LORD, ye that tremble at his word; Your brethren that hated you, that cast you out for my name's sake, said, Let the LORD be glorified: but he shall appear to your joy, and they shall be ashamed.
Jer 6:10 To whom shall I speak, and give warning, that they may hear? behold, their ear [is] uncircumcised, and they cannot hearken: behold, the word of the LORD is unto them a reproach; they have no delight in it.
Jer 8:9 The wise [men] are ashamed, they are dismayed and taken: lo, they have rejected the word of the LORD; and what wisdom [is] in them?

Not wanting to READ OR HEAR the word of the Lord (Which was in the OT even) was why they REJECTED THE LORD and they have no wisdom ..
Notice he even asked to WHO SHALL I SPEAK and give warning so they will hear ...THEY CANT HEAR ...and the word of the LORD IS A REPROACH to them ...(this is the same problem the Church people have ..they DESPISE the word of the Lord because it CONVICTS THEM If they were to actually read it ) ...............................it casts LIGHT on the DARKNESS within them and it may TOUCH THIER HEART and change and they DONT WANT TO >.they are comfortable in their own world just like the unbelievers are .
Jhn 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
Jhn 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
Jhn 3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

The Church peoples have the very same problems that alot of home Christians have and this is it in a nutshell .
Mat 13:18 Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower.
Mat 13:19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth [it] not, then cometh the wicked [one], and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.
Mat 13:20 But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;
Mat 13:21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.
Mat 13:22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.
Mat 13:23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth [it]; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

What word is it talking about ? The word of God ..which is what ? What Jesus taught ...who taught the apostles who not only taught others at that time but also wrote it down teaching us what the word of GOD SAYETH >and meaneth .......Otherwise what is the purpose of the word of God ? If it is just supposed to be taken with a grain of salt ? >>>

I will just leave you with this ..coming from the mouth of Jesus Christ ..(not Paul or anyone else)
Mat 10:27 What I tell you in darkness, [that] speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, [that] preach ye upon the housetops.
Dont just tell it but TELL IT ON THE HOUSETOPS so all can hear it ...

What are you supposed to be preaching ? JESUS CHRIST and him crucified for the remission of sins etc etc etc ...And everything that GOES WITH IT (SCRIPTURES ) ....When they ask you why JESUS you need to have an answer they will not just believe you because ...you say so ....(the word is backing up what the spirit says to you ..dont you see that ..the holy spirit spoke to you something from SCRIPTURES ..it CAUSED you to see if it was true and SCRIPTURE confirmed to YOU that it was true ) ....because the word backed up with the Holy Spirit said to you thats how you knew for sure it wasnt just YOUR VOICE you had heard ............
The Holy Spirits job is to LEAD YOU TO ALL TRUTH ..(that truth is in the word of GOD and then he helps you DISCERN what was written ..(and get it in context etc to show you the meaning ) ..........
THY WORD HAVE I HID IN MY HEART so that I WONT SIN AGAINST HIM >
How can that word be hid in the heart if it has not been fed the word ?
Jesus coming to live in you is ONLY THE BEGINNING of GROWING IN THE LORD and WORKING OUT YOUR SALVATION ..if it is NOT FED (by prayer,and thanksgiving and reading of the word ) How can it GROW ?IT cant it will be the seeds that did not grow ...and it will wither and die (falling and not knowing how to get back to where you need to be ..) ....

Please just do me a favor and read the parable of the sower and try to see what it is saying ....
Matthew 13 and Mark 4 covers it indepth ........

[edit on 16-4-2009 by Simplynoone]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

THAT DAY was the day the HOLY SPIRT was sent to the APOSTLES at PENTECOST AFTER THE RESURECTION ......they recieved it because the SEED that it was coming was planted BY JESUS who TOLD THEM ABOUT IT by EXPOUNDING the OT scriptures to them (which they already knew alot about but certainly did not understand it ) ..
He told them ....I have to go ....but dont worry ..I wont leave you comfortless ...I will send the Holy Spirit who will DO WHAT >?
Jhn 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
Jhn 14:17 [Even] the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
Jhn 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
Jhn 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
Jhn 14:20 At that day ye shall know that I [am] in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
Jhn 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

They BELEIVED IN JESUS they believed his words ..they waited for his PROMISES and he delivered (The Holy Spirit to them) ....
Everyone who witnessed this event also recieved the Holy Spirit WHY ? BEcause there was already a seed planted as they walked with Jesus and heard the message) //
And after that the Apostles were sent from that day and told to go and TESTIFY to the world ALL THE THINGS THEY SAW >>HEARD >>FELT >>>etc (which is what the word of God is it TESTIFIES OF CHRIST ) ....which is also what is asked of every person who truly believes and recieves the Holy Spirit ..to go and TESTIFY of Jesus Christ ...what he did why he did it ..for what purpose he had to do it etc etc ...which as the word says (I posted in the last post from Isaiah ) ..THE WORLD DOES NOT KNOW IT (even as they (the Scribes etc) searched the scriptures they still did not know it ..because they read the word but REFUSED TO HEAR IT and refused to let it SINK into their heart etc etc ...............)

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

"because they read the word but REFUSED TO HEAR IT and refused to let it SINK into their heart"
So they refused to be programmed? Good job, that man!

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gawdzilla

"because they read the word but REFUSED TO HEAR IT and refused to let it SINK into their heart"
So they refused to be programmed? Good job, that man!

Its actually more of a reprogramming from the ways of the world (which is what the world teaches us from birth)which is what leads to ETERNAL death .. to the ways of the Lord which when read about and heard and understood amd hid in your heart (by the Holy spirit and the word of God) will teach you and lead you to walk the way to ETERNAL LIFE ....

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

"Its actually more of a reprogramming from the ways of the world (which is what the world teaches us from birth)which is what leads to ETERNAL death .. to the ways of the Lord which when read about and heard and understood amd hid in your heart (by the Holy spirit and the word of God) will teach you and lead you to walk the way to ETERNAL LIFE ...."

Amazingly arrogant dogma here. If I read you correctly humans are dogs and only one particular Great Sky Fairy can bring them out of that? What about the decent human beings who aren't of your particular faith? How did they come by that? Or do you think that simply noone can be decent unless they're of your particular brand of faith? Just wonderin'.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Gawdzilla

I dont believe I said anything like that at all ..If you believe your belief or non belief makes you exempt from anything that I believe or anything that the bible says is true .....then why are you taking offense with it > ? Obviously if you dont believe it is true then you shouldnt be worried about it then should you ? ....................and if you didnt believe it then why are so upset about someone talking about it ?

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   

I was asked not to return to Sunday School when I started asking questions the preacher couldn't answer. That was when I was seven.

Question: When you were conceiving and posting this, did you think that maybe it would earn you some kind of internet kudos? Coz, unfortunately, I just cannot wrestle my poor little brain into believing you, hahaha.

Chance to redeem: What questions did you ask him, o boddhisattva?

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Keep going with the verses. Because they have questions about what you quote, and then he answers that.

22Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?

23Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

24He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

26But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
it's funny, amuzing, and so many other things to me when I see non-Christians keep trying to label and put Jesus in "their own box"

sooooo busy hating it all and trying to reason it away, that you don't realize that beyond the religion, beyond money grabbing preachers, beyond "sin insurance" there are steps that will lead a person to experience God directly on a daily basis. Very simple steps that a kid, a lawyer, a mentally slow person can grasp.

But, you've already come to your own conclusion, without having experientially looked for yourself on the inside of it all. Keep on living in mental realm box postulates. The part of you that thinks and has thoughts, isnt the real you.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia

Keep going with the verses. Because they have questions about what you quote, and then he answers that.

22Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?

23Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

It is all there in black and white ...JESUS answered them ..if a man LOVE ME (love who ? JESUS ) .....the one you dont think really existed or may have existed or may not have existed .....
The comforter would be SENT IN WHOS NAME ?????JESUS NAME >>>.
If you KEEP MY SAYINGS ..whos sayings ? JESUS sayings ..How do you know what Jesus said ?Where would you find his sayings ? >..yes in the word written by the EYE WITNESSES who heard,saw and wrote down what the sayings of Jesus were ................
The Holy Spirit teaches you how ?Telling you every single thing you need to know ? Hmmmm.....do you tell your kids every single thing they need to know or do you give them clues and tell them to study it and find the answer ? They learn not by just being told but by studying things>>>>Do you give them all the answers when they bring their homework home ? Or do you give them hints and clues on where to find their information on whatever subject they are supposed to be studying and make them do their own homework ? >>..
Seriously ........think about it .....did you just wake up one day and was able to work on Computers ? Or did you have to learn it in a process of time by studying it and messing with them etc ? Did you read one section or one page of a computer manual and figured out everything from that one page or did you read and study the entire book to get the whole picture of how a computer works etc ?

The Holy Spirit is most necessary but he does not just sit around and tell you everything you need to know ....he makes you do your homework and then helps you to understand what you just read or dreamed or went through (experiences) .....you meditate on the words of God (which are where ? yes the written word that we have access to .....and the Holy Spirit opens up its meanings to you ....also he is the one who convicts your heart of sin and helps you to change your ways from the INSIDE OF YOUR HEART .........which is what purifies the soul ..

And you say you dont even know if Jesus really even existed ..maybe you need to ask the Holy Spirit within you if he did or not ...since he was sent by JESUS (who came from the father for a huge purpose) upon his death and resurrection ...dont you think then the Holy Spirit would have told you that he did exist ? If it hasnt told you that ...then maybe you need try that spirit and be sure that is from God ......
I would think that since that spirit came from the Lord Jesus (as well as from God) that it would have informed you of that very important thing ..dont you think ?

[edit on 17-4-2009 by Simplynoone]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roark

I was asked not to return to Sunday School when I started asking questions the preacher couldn't answer. That was when I was seven.

Question: When you were conceiving and posting this, did you think that maybe it would earn you some kind of internet kudos? Coz, unfortunately, I just cannot wrestle my poor little brain into believing you, hahaha.

Chance to redeem: What questions did you ask him, o boddhisattva?

I asked them how they could get so many animals on the Ark. And why the little babies had to die in the flood, among others.

And, in the spirit of ATS, if you don't believe my story, prove me wrong.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

"The part of you that thinks and has thoughts, isnt the real you. "

And it certainly shouldn't be involved in any "religious experience", should it. Religion works better if you shut your brain down and just do what you're told.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Yes thats how religion works but that is not how GOD works ...since when is religion GOD ? Or God religion ? ...
He certainly wants THINKING beings ..I mean after all he did create a brain for a purpose did he not ? What man has done is use his brain more and his heart less thereby quenching the heart and quenching the spirit within (he has become mere flesh with a fleshly heart and a fleshly mind (thinking only on carnal things) thereby feeding that flesh and not the spirit ...which is why we have so much moral decline in our world today ...and feeding the fleshly carnal side is what leads to death .......both physically and spiritually ....which is why we are where we are today ... ...and is exactly why we need to be born again from fleshly thinking to spiritual thinking and we cannot do that without the spirit of almighty GOD offered to everyone through his son Jesus Christ ...(who is the God of spirit).......this flesh is GOING TO DIE (satan is the god of flesh (this world) .... ...our spirit is of God ....so which should you be feeding >? ...(we are not talking literal food here either) ............
I said it once let me say it again ........
man leans towards the flesh (to be carnal minded is death) ..which corrupts the spirit ...
Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded [is] death; but to be spiritually minded [is] life and peace.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Do you really think you know what "God" wants? You know God's intentions, plans and purposes? I'm very interested in how you know these things. (And I can guess what you're going to say, "God told me.")

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Why does everybody on here bash the Christians? Obviously they have an interest in conspiracies as well, and part of their faith is to tell others of Jesus. If you don't want to listen don't argue it but tell them you don't want to hear it.

But remember the more food and drink they give you that you choose to ignore will be reaping coals of fire on your head.

"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you"; Matthew 5:44

"Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head."

Enemies meaning enemies and people who don't believe.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by watchtheashes

"Why does everybody on here bash the Christians?"

Why are Christians afraid to engage in debate? It's a question I've wondered about for quite some time.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

"The part of you that thinks and has thoughts, isnt the real you. " And it certainly shouldn't be involved in any "religious experience", should it. Religion works better if you shut your brain down and just do what you're told.

What you did right there with my quote, which is to misperceive what I said, is what your doing to Christianity. You are simply not getting it cause you have never been there to get it.

When you are following Jesus' teachings, what eventually happens, is that you go beyond the thinking mind. You start to perceive and use higher faculties such as transcendence. You transcend the puny and limited mind and start operating through much more whole and higher faculties.

If you "think" you are the mind, you are highly mistaken. There is sooooo much more to you that you are unaware of and you don't seem to care about the pointers and trying to figure out the real you.

Such limited boxed in beliefs. The more you try and fight the truth, the more you lose because "it" always is.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

"You are simply not getting it cause you have never been there to get it."

And for that I get down on my knees every night and thank Darwin.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

And for that I get down on my knees every night and thank Darwin.

Lol ahahahahahahahaha.

Indeed a good laugh. Let's see, should I put all my marbles on darwin or on God??? Tough choice but I'd rather go with God.

It's going to be funny once we leave this physical plane, to pull up the replay of when Darwin died and discovered the spiritual realms. That look on his face when he see's life after that death. Just one of the billions of things to look forward to in the next existence.

Darwin is a box, 1 idea/theory/fact. Just 1. Why not limit yourself to just Darwin, it sounds like a heck of a way to live your life.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join