It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity is an Imaginary "Sin Insurance" Racket

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I guess it might be different if Jesus himself, if he really existed, said ANYTHING (clearly, without any vague interpretive BS) to the effect of his death (whenever) amounting to a sin insurance policy for his "followers." Jesus believed in the triumph of Good over evil, and that his "Father's Kingdom" was near (as of course it's always been). What kind of psychopathic fantasy is it that "God" supposedly was on the verge of killing the entire human race, but chose instead to sacrifice "His Son" so that scumbags everywhere can continue to have too much power and influence? Even if domination by the wicked (enough) wasn't the intention (if there's ANY truth to the story), was the allegedly all-wise, omniscient Creator of the ENTIRE Flipping Universe too stupid to see that rule by the morally deficient would be the absolutely inevitable outcome of such legitimizing and perpetuation of sin (which, face it, it's the clearly CRIMINAL part of sin that's the main issue) in the form of a "sacrifice" toward that twisted end?

Jesus (if he existed) was primarily all about the "do unto others..." Golden Rule (that was FIRST taught by the Buddha, btw). Christianity as we know it is, effectively, the original version of Satanism. The "do as thou willst" credo of Satanists applies equally. Satanists are just honest and open about it. Christians (or "Christ stains," as another member here likes to call them/you) just managed to throw enough guilt, shame, SELF-righteousness and whatnot into the mix to make it LOOK more legitimate, but it's basically the same idea as Satanism. Even the SUBCONSCIOUS suggestion of sin/crime, legitimized in any way through a religion, is simply wrong... And that's not saying anyone should ever expect humans to be perfect.

I'm hoping someone can shed new light on the whole sacrifice-for-sins concept, as I'm open-minded enough to consider other perspectives, but remember, INTERPRETATIONS (of scripture) are just opinions, not solid fact.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
It's a protection racket. "If you don't pay us, something terrible will happen to your children." Lovely system of extortion.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Gawdzilla? What ever happened to your post about Alien evidence?

Well, everyones got an opinion, interpretation, The 8 deadly sins were changed into Seven Deadly sins by the pope, because seven was a "better" number.

FYI, Hinduism is the first known religion. So is hinduism more likely to be correct? Its all up to you.

The bible, most likely has been contorted around so many times in such extremes, it's hard to know if any of it was from the original text and/or if there even was an original text.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I am not one that goes for the whole "Original Sin" thing. How ludicrous does it sound that a god would create a people, set them up from the jump as sinful creatures separated from himself, simply by being born, his idea!

Then we add to it the need to kill, bleed, and cut up animals to gain forgiveness for these committed sins, but never be able to get the "sinful nature" out. So...along comes poor Jesus, and they claim that this is god in the flesh, his only begotten son that has to die and shed his blood so the people who were set up with this "original sin" can now come into relationship with their creator.

IT is a crock if you ask me. How does the shedding of the blood of an animal or of a person have anything to do with the "sins" of another????

Sin-missing the mark. That is what sin is in the original language. Not some overwhelming condition of man.

If people paid attention to the words of Jesus, the ones he condemned were the religious leaders....you know the ones that went around reminding the people of how sinful they were! Jesus said the kingdom of god is within and if you read the gnostic texts you will see how the orthodox/catholic church used only the writings that fit what they wanted.......control. red

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Interesting Trivia: The first widespread adopter of the Gutenberg printing press wasn't a library, a King, or a News outlet of some kind. It was the Catholic Church, and not even to print bibles. The church used it to print "Notes" which granted the owner documented proof of absolution from sin for a nominal donation to the Church.

It was basically a PR scheme to garner a bit of cash and ease tensions in the congregation over the popular damnation and hellfire sermons. Those kinds of sermons filled pews regularly for some time, but eventually they were loosing parishioners due to the bar of entry into heaven was set so high. Some strayed from the flock to enjoy their life in sin - since even leading a pure and virtuous life would likely land you in hell anyhow.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Ok yes this is the case in Organized religions of our days ...
They tell you that if you tithe and come to church and believe in Jesus your sins will be covered and your off to heaven someday .

This is not the case though ...you know it ...I know it and even they know it deep inside ...that is just not the truth ...and is doing nothing but DECIEVING the masses into believing a lie ..there is certainly alot more to it than that ...

God is not stupid and he cant be fooled and he knows who is talking the talk and not walking the walk ...and if man opened their eyes they would also see and know who is just talking the talk and not walking the walk those who are WALKING THE WALK do not even have to talk the talk because their LIFE shows it .......their heart shows it ...and by their FRUITS you will KNOW THEM >..
And if someone says they believe in Jesus Christ and have accepted him into their hearts as their saviour ...if they truly believed in Jesus Christ they would also believe everything else he says that FOLLOWS BELIEVING >..
Which is a a true REPENTING (Repenting means to TURN AND GO THE OTHER WAY ...to CHANGE the direction in which you were headed) ...
The reason Jesus paid the price for you was so you would not have to PAY THAT PRICE OF DEATH which the WAGES OF SIN IS DEATH >.everything has a price and Jesus paid that price for you ....He is offering you THE WAY free of charge ...all that is required is BELIEVING then FOLLOWING >>.(If you truly believe you will FOLLOW him (you will be as he was (HE CARED FOR OTHERS more than himself ) if this is not you then YOU DONT REALLY BELIEVE IT >...................
Jesus is saying to you ...YOU ARE ALL GONNA DIE ...HERE IS THE WAY that leads to LIFE ...(through HIM we will OVERCOME DEATH) which is inevitable for all of mankind .............the way we will overcome death is BY BELIEVING in him then FOLLOWING HIM >>.......he will CREATE IN YOU A CLEAN HEART (By CONVICTION OF HEART) ..CLEANSE YOUR SOUL (with forgiveness compassion and love)....and give you strength to endure through it all ..and you will have a place in that Kingdom coming where NOTHING VILE or EVIL or wicked or sinful will take place ever again.....(that Utopian world the people of the world can only dream of attaining) THIS IS WHAT THE LORD GOD IS GOING TO DO ...create a UTOPIAN world (this is not possible with man who is evil in his ways but it is possible with God and the people of God who WALK HIS WAY and are being prepared to rule that new UTOPIAN WORLD) ...................and as you change (which you will if you truly believe and love him ) you will DO THE SAME FOR OTHERS >and feel the same for them as the Lord Jesus felt for you ...mercy,compassion,forgiveness,LOVE ....and most importantly SACRIFICE for OTHERS (as he did for you ) ..(It is really very simple ) .......................

Get this .
The SOUL that SINNETH it shall die ..
We all sin ..but the difference in the sinner and a PERSON WHO IS TRULY BORN AGAIN .... the born again will OVERCOME THE DESIRE TO SIN (from the inside out) the sinner has no desire to even control those desires (why should they ..they believe there is no PRICE for SIN ..and they enjoy doing what they do (anything that brings them pleasure) ..We (true believers) know that there is a PRICE for SIN and it is DEATH ......Jesus paid it for you ...yet you still live on in the same wickedness ........YOU WILL PAY THEN >...your taking it on yourself and you cant WIN >>.because your incapable without the POWER OF GOD (through the Holy Spirit who is the one that convicts your heart and cleanses your soul and HELPS YOU CHANGE YOUR WAYS ......... which you cannot recieve the Holy Spirit unless you BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST and GIVE YOUR LIFE TO HIM ..) because that Holy Spirit was the spirit of GOD himself who came and lived through JESUS Christ who now wants to LIVE IN YOU >>>...............

And to you church peoples and Christians who say they believe ..
You need to keep this all in mind ..

Eze 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Eze 18:21 But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.

Eze 18:22 All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live.

Eze 18:23 Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord GOD: [and] not that he should return from his ways, and live?

Eze 18:24 But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, [and] doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked [man] doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.
(((((((((IT IS worse for you who say you are Christians and do not FOLLOW JESUS (walk the walk )and do as your supposed to do ... than for the unbeliever because you knew to do good and did it not ...Luk 6:49 But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great. )

Eze 18:25 Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. Hear now, O house of Israel; Is not my way equal? are not your ways unequal?

Eze 18:26 When a righteous [man] turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and dieth in them; for his iniquity that he hath done shall he die.
((((See Luke 6 again))))

Eze 18:27 Again, when the wicked [man] turneth away from his wickedness that he hath committed, and doeth that which is lawful and right, he shall save his soul alive.

Eze 18:28 Because he considereth, and turneth away from all his transgressions that he hath committed, he shall surely live, he shall not die.

Eze 18:29 Yet saith the house of Israel, The way of the Lord is not equal. O house of Israel, are not my ways equal? are not your ways unequal?

Eze 18:30 Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways, saith the Lord GOD. Repent, and turn [yourselves] from all your transgressions; so iniquity shall not be your ruin.

Eze 18:31 Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

Eze 18:32 For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord GOD: wherefore turn [yourselves], and live ye.

If man could do it on his own ..THERE WOULD HAVE BEEN NO NEED FOR A SAVIOUR .. >.............Man couldnt do anything on his own (thats what he has done since HE FORGOT GOD and carried on his own ways) ....this is where we are now and JESUS is the WAY GOD offered to GET US OUT OF the mess that MAN has gotten himself into which started with DISOBEDIENCE (in the garden) which disobedience is what has led us to death .................Obedience is the only thing that will LEAD US BACK TO LIFE >and we are not even willing to OBEY our parents let alone God ...(dont you see that ..man is so fallen that he rebels against everything ..and he does what he wants ..then cant believe that there is a price to pay for living this way and in the end that price will not be worth what short fun you got out of all that SINFUL NATURE in you fulfilling your every desire etc while on this earth ) ...............all of that is temporary feel good and LEADS TO DEATH ..........Going back to our creator (getting to know him again) and allowing his HOLY SPIRIT access to your heart and soul and mind is ETERNAL >not temporary ...and leads to LIFE >>>>>>and feels WAY BETTER than any temporary thing this earth can even offer ....the love that you feel from GOD when his Holy Spirit dwells in you there is just NOTHING like it in this world ...NOTHING >.............

Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

1Cr 15:55 O death, where [is] thy sting? O grave, where [is] thy victory?

1Cr 15:56 The sting of death [is] sin; and the strength of sin [is] the law.

1Cr 15:57 But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

1Cr 15:58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

Ok I am off the pulpit for now ..lol thanks for listening lol ..............sorry it was so long ..I had to write it then stop (working from home) then start it again and it took almost an hour to finish this lol ...so I hope it even makes sense ..if not then JUST SKIP IT lol ..

[edit on 14-4-2009 by Simplynoone]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
/sigh, instead of ripping apart religion can you just let it be and move on with your life for (*$^ sake. Why do you even care anyway? If you don't believe in god then why the hell do you care about any of it? Why do you talk about it? Do you have nothing better to do? I'd figure since you don't believe in god you would find better things to do than tear apart why others beleive in god. Seems a little redundant to me..... I mean you don't think there is a heaven right? So all this is where it ends right? Then why waste precious time discussing things that don't even matter to you.

Obviously it does matter to you. Obviously anything spiritual pisses you off, and therefore you have to go out of your way to ruin anyone with religion's day just to feel better. Ok well you have fun with that buddy. Grow up plz.

Maybe we can talk about science, or something not religious.. That seems like a better topic for someone without religion.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

"/sigh, instead of ripping apart religion can you just let it be and move on with your life for (*$^ sake. Why do you even care anyway? If you don't believe in god then why the hell do you care about any of it? Why do you talk about it? Do you have nothing better to do? I'd figure since you don't believe in god you would find better things to do than tear apart why others beleive in god. Seems a little redundant to me..... I mean you don't think there is a heaven right? So all this is where it ends right? Then why waste precious time discussing things that don't even matter to you."

You keep out of the science classroom and allow me to live as I wish, and you can keep your religion. Once that happens I won't have a problem with religion and you can believe in any Great Sky Fairy that pleases you.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
As far as I know god is not a "sky fairy".

Someone is hostile. You know I am a creationist evolutionist (like many people are)

I beleive a higher consciousness set the wheels in motion and things played out from there.

There is evidence to support a God of some sort (in science, I will elaborate if I need to but i feel that i shouldn't have to. Plus it would be a really long post). Whether it is the god we know or the god that has been bastardized by modern religion or not. It does not mean there isn't one.

Most reasonable people should be agnostic. And atheists should stay out of religion since they don't beleive in it. Why bother right? Is it god in science that pisses you off? I went to a catholic school, and I really don't recall god ever coming up once in science class. Heck we where even taught evolution... So what really makes you mad?..

[edit on 14-4-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

"And atheists should stay out of religion since they don't beleive in it."

If it were up to me, I'd never go near the stuff. Heroin would be better, cheaper and more sanitary. And in the post you ignored above I offer to stay out of religion if religion stops trying to run my life.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

"As far as I know god is not a "sky fairy". "

Exactly, as far as you know. But fairies were supposed to be supernatural creatures, like "god", centaurs and minotaurs. So how do you know he's not a fairy. He could be Freddie Mercury for all you know. Imaginary friends are very flexible.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
How does religion run your life exactly? Sure there are ultra extreme religious fanatics (like the Mormons who run Utah government, who are btw elected officials. Popular vote said religion. What can you do?) that like to force their beliefs on you. I am not one of those people. I don't force anything on you. Heroin would be a good way to find out if there is a god sooner. (Heroin killed my father btw. Please don't stoop to the level of using it against me.) Religion doesn't run your life and it certainly has far less of a pull in modern times. How do I try to run your life? Again what really makes you mad?

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
It still surprises me that people get so upset about this stuff. I personally do not believe the lies that the "church" tells about the Creator and about life in general. I do believe in a Creator, there is no way this beautiful universe is just a cosmic accident. What I do not believe is this life is the only one and that if we screw up here in a few years we are eternally doomed. I believe we come to life with purpose and have lessons to learn each time around. The soul or spirit is eternal and is in a constant state of progression. I believe we come to this life in many circumstances to experience and to gain understanding.

I don't begrudge anyone their beliefs, when I do get upset is when someone insists they have all truth and that everyone else is hell bound....and when they try to force their views and rules on others. red

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Gawdzilla

As far as you know god does not exist. You could be wrong about that too. Who are you to say god doesn't exist. Can you prove it? Can you show me evidence to that effect. Of course no and I have no evidence on my end. I just beleive (and plus i did my thesis in college to scientifically disprove god and did the opposite to a degree which i again will not go into, because it will find no respect in this place.)

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by redhead57

Ladies and gentlemen a perfect example of a reasonable human being right here. He accepts that he could be wrong and that religion could be wrong, yet respects others beliefs.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
reply to post by Gawdzilla

As far as you know god does not exist. You could be wrong about that too. Who are you to say god doesn't exist. Can you prove it? Can you show me evidence to that effect. Of course no and I have no evidence on my end. I just beleive (and plus i did my thesis in college to scientifically disprove god and did the opposite to a degree which i again will not go into, because it will find no respect in this place.)

Until you can prove it, it's not proven. That is a fact.

Now I'm interested. You claim you scientifically proved god? Master's thesis? Really? Why aren't you famous? You could be Pope if you did something like that. I know I'd be impressed.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Yeah right a paper on the science of god would be just as respected as bob lazar and his area 51 experience....

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
Yeah right a paper on the science of god would be just as respected as bob lazar and his area 51 experience....

Very true! I have probably seen similar at ICR.org anyway.

So, just theoretically, how would one go about proving gods exist scientifically?

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gawdzilla
reply to post by DaMod

"As far as I know god is not a "sky fairy". "

Exactly, as far as you know. But fairies were supposed to be supernatural creatures, like "god", centaurs and minotaurs. So how do you know he's not a fairy. He could be Freddie Mercury for all you know. Imaginary friends are very flexible.

Well the fact that you believe in fairies and centaurs and minotaurs do not piss us all off and in fact we were all indoctrinated to believe in Santa,the tooth fairy,Frosty etc..it did not upset me that we were taught that ......WE ALSO GOT OVER the fact that was what we were taught ......so why cant you ? ....

I dont recall every hearing about God in any science class either ....
And a good Scientist would not rule out anything in fact he would study anything and everything he could in order to find the answers to the questions he has ...and certainly the BIBLE and GOD would be ONE of those things that he certainly SHOULD consider at least during his STUDIES of finding out the ANSWERS .

Scientists that INCLUDE BOTH sides are actually the ones who will find the right answers ..because I think that Science could prove GOD did create if they would just not be so CLOSED minded to the fact that there WAS a creator who at least gave the ORDER to CREATE >..and the ELEMENTS OBEYED and actually did the physical creating...everything just did not COME TO BE by a freak of nature or big bang ...that is just rediculous and even the most simple minded person is aware of what the chances are of that being the case .....and it is just plain nonsense .....not even worth considering .....because it is IMPOSSIBLE for it to have banged out into all of this .........................unless an INTELLEGENT BEING is directing it ..

[edit on 14-4-2009 by Simplynoone]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

"I dont recall every hearing about God in any science class either .... "

And you won't hear about the Great Sky Fairy in science class if we keep fighting the creationists. Remember them? The guys who believe in the literal interpretation of the BuyBull? That believe the only book anyone needs to own is the BuyBull? That the only book that any school needs is the BuyBull? The people who want to lead us boldly into the 11th Century?

If you're not working to prevent that from happening, I have to ask you why? Don't give a hoot out personal liberties? Don't worry that we'll be a backwater, if not outright conquered by a country that studies science? This doesn't worry you?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join